PDA

View Full Version : Tech Question

kameron1974
03-08-2005, 02:56 PM
I uninstalled PF cause it was too much for my system. Then got FB+ACE which works fine. If I install PF as a mrege will it affect the performance of FB?.
Thanking anyone in advance

Tully__
03-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes. The merge is just as demanding on your system as the standalone version.

steve_v
03-08-2005, 03:25 PM
There is a qualifier here. I have two different profiles, one for FB/AEP and another for PF. If I am going to fly Pacific, I load the weaker settings. If FB/AEP, then the settings with more eye candy. I have had to slightly lower my FB/AEP settings since the merged install.

MaxMhz
03-08-2005, 03:26 PM
That's weird - PF (and merged) run a bit faster even than FB+AEP on my system http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Maybe you wanted a bit too much and upped the settings?

What system specs do you have in the CPU / RAM /Video Card department?

kameron1974
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I have a Pentium 3 that lets me fly usually comfortablely with the setting turned to average detail. Don't really care much about the land scape so I turn it down. (fighter pilot). So should I not even bother with PF till I upgrade my system.?
Thank you all for your quick responses. Must be the game.

MaxMhz
03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Well lol a P3 is a low end system...

But then landing on an aircraft carrier is fun.

It's realy up to you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif If you want to buy PF anyway I'd buy it now and set the eye candy to a minimum.

JR_Greenhorn
03-08-2005, 08:20 PM
I've been playing FB, AEP, and PF on the same lower-end system as they each came out. It's an early P4, 1.4G. It has 256MB RAM, but I'm not sure what it uses for a graphics card. Knowing who put it together and what its intended use was, I'm guessing its low-end.

Anyway, I've been noticing that each time the game is upgraded, it runs a little better on that low-end system. It almost seems like the game engine is being tweaked to optimize resource use or something. To break that trend, I've been having problems with the patches post-3.01, so maybe I'm over the peak and on the way down again.

Where I'm living now, my roommate has a Dell with an early P4, 1.4G. He's gotten into video editing, so I'm guessing his graphics card is fair to decent. However, he only has 128MB of RAM. That, my friends, is a deal breaker. You simply can't enjoy PF with only 128MB of RAM. It flies all right, until you get close to another plane. If you try to line up for a shot (or actually shoot) after a long pause everthing will have changed. If you have an enemy nearing you, all of a sudden, after a long pause, you will be on fire headed to the ground.

Troll2k
03-09-2005, 03:29 AM
According to the PF box the minimum system requirements is a PIII/1 gigahertz,512 megs of ram and a 64 meg dx9 video card.