PDA

View Full Version : Both Hardball's and Compare wrong about TA-183 turn time

mortoma
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I just did a crude test ( using the second hand of my watch ) on the TA-183 jet turn time. I was flying at 440kph when I initiated the crude test and was flying about 1,000 meters. I did not know the best corner speed so I just picked a good intermediate speed, not too fast, not too slow. I got right about 21 to 22 seconds doing a hard turn through 360 degrees. Hardball's and IL-2 compare both state a 31.28 seconds!!

I know HB gets a lot of his data from Compare so maybe there has been a typo kind of mistake in Compare or something and the turn time is really supposed to be 21.38?? Then HB just compouded/copied the error over to his viewer?

I have been flying the TA jet a lot for kicks and giggles and did not think the turn time to be that bad. This is what compelled me to do the crude test. I knew there had to be something wrong because I was turning with all sorts of Russian planes and not doing too badly in turning fights.

mortoma
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I just did a crude test ( using the second hand of my watch ) on the TA-183 jet turn time. I was flying at 440kph when I initiated the crude test and was flying about 1,000 meters. I did not know the best corner speed so I just picked a good intermediate speed, not too fast, not too slow. I got right about 21 to 22 seconds doing a hard turn through 360 degrees. Hardball's and IL-2 compare both state a 31.28 seconds!!

I know HB gets a lot of his data from Compare so maybe there has been a typo kind of mistake in Compare or something and the turn time is really supposed to be 21.38?? Then HB just compouded/copied the error over to his viewer?

I have been flying the TA jet a lot for kicks and giggles and did not think the turn time to be that bad. This is what compelled me to do the crude test. I knew there had to be something wrong because I was turning with all sorts of Russian planes and not doing too badly in turning fights.

R_Target
10-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Maybe it's based on 4.07? Didn't they jazz up the 183 in 4.08?

mortoma
10-25-2007, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by R_Target:
Maybe it's based on 4.07? Didn't they jazz up the 183 in 4.08? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That could be it then.
Good thinking, I forgot about that.