PDA

View Full Version : Giant Plot-Hole that i bet people havn't realized

Radman500
07-13-2011, 11:13 PM
the animus only plays the ancestor that is currently living..... and when he dies, you go to the next ancestor...

well we were playing as ezio in the beginning, when his dad was still alive... so shouldn't we be playing as the dad, instead of ezio... if ezio dad is still alive.. then desmond should be reliving him, until he dies.. then we go to ezio..

ThaWhistle
07-13-2011, 11:21 PM
thats not at all how it works.

because it is genetic memory, as soon as the genetic material is passed down, the memories of that ancestor can no longer be relived, that is why after altair knocks up maria, the camera stays with maria, and NOT altair.

k20ml
07-13-2011, 11:47 PM
^that's not how it works as well. if what you told us is how the animus works, then desmond needed to relive the lives of all the ancestors between altair and ezio. get it?

now going back to AC1. vidic says that our DNA serves like an archive. genetic memories are passed down and stored in the genes. the animus lets you access these memories although there are side effects and requirements in order to fully "live out" that ancestor's life. like raising the synchronization level to access later memories.

SweetsMachineGun
07-13-2011, 11:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I don't think there's any official statement yet on how the genetic memories are passed. I'm under the impression that the individual retains the entire life memory of their ancestor and that it never really "moves on," per say, but generally can only be triggered through the animus/special circumstances. I think it just switched to Maria during that scene to show she was pregnant with Desmond's ancestor, not because Desmond will be unable to access memories of Altair beyond that.

But who knows for sure.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I don't think there's any official statement yet on how the genetic memories are passed. I'm under the impression that the individual retains the entire life memory of their ancestor and that it never really "moves on," per say, but generally can only be triggered through the animus/special circumstances. I think it just switched to Maria during that scene to show she was pregnant with Desmond's ancestor, not because Desmond will be unable to access memories of Altair beyond that.

But who knows for sure.
First of all. How could they possibly? How could someone inherit memories genetically if the specific events haven't happened yet?
for example:
sometime in the past your dad gets kicked in the balls.
sometime later you are born.
a while after that your dad kicks someone else in the nuts.

now, if you were to go into the animus, you could go through the memory of your dad being kicked in the nuts, but since the event of your dad kicking someone else in the nuts hadn't occured yet when you were born, his genetic makeup did not hold this information and you could therefore not go through that memory.

SweetsMachineGun
07-14-2011, 12:06 AM
First of all. How could they possibly? How could someone inherit memories genetically if the specific events haven't happened yet?
for example:

now, if you were to go into the animus, you could go through the memory of your dad being kicked in the nuts, but since the event of your dad kicking someone else in the nuts hadn't occured yet when you were born, his genetic makeup did not hold this information and you could therefore not go through that memory.

Oh man I totally see your point. Maybe you're right! But then again there's always those-who-came-before fate-controlling deus ex machina magic.

LightRey
07-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
for example:

Oh man I totally see your point. Maybe you're right! But then again there's always those-who-came-before fate-controlling deus ex machina magic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well, it's kind of implied when you look at the memory of Alta´r that Desmond goes through when he first passes out because of the bleeding effect, where he *erhm* "does the deed" with Maria after which, instead of continuing to follow Alta´r, he is suddenly following their soon-to-be fetus.

k20ml
07-14-2011, 12:39 AM
^i see where you are coming from. but hey, it's a game. so if ezio had a kid before he "lived his life to the fullest" until death, which let's say for example around the start of brotherhood then the rest of the sequences won't get recorded and therefore cannot be accessed by the animus. and with that the game is flawed. but hey, it makes a great story doesnt it?

LightRey
07-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by k20ml:
^i see where you are coming from. but hey, it's a game. so if ezio had a kid before he "lived his life to the fullest" until death, which let's say for example around the start of brotherhood then the rest of the sequences won't get recorded and therefore cannot be accessed by the animus. and with that the game is flawed. but hey, it makes a great story doesnt it?
everything he experiences is recorded in his DNA (hence the term "genetic memory"). As long as Ezio gets a kid after the events in ACB that is an ancestor to Desmond, Desmond should be able to view his memories up to that kid's birth, but not beyond, unless he got another kid later that is an ancestor to Desmond as well.
So we can be pretty sure that Ezio is going to get at least one kid after the events of ACR.

itsamea-mario
07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Seriously, this again?

LightRey
07-14-2011, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Seriously, this again?
I know, right? -___-
how can logic be so hard to people? D:

Calvarok
07-14-2011, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by k20ml:

Think about what you're saying. If brotherhood didn't stop when Ezio had sex with Caerina, then logically it follows that desmond's line is not descended from Ezio and Caterina. The fact that we can continue to see memories is NOT a mistake. They KNOW about the conception thing, and they WON'T show any memories after Ezio concieves the child that leads directly to Desmond. But we haven't gotten to that point yet.

Contrary to what you may think, Ubisoft has thought about this a lot more than you.

sfin1994
07-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Seriously, this again?
I know, right? -___-
how can logic be so hard to people? D: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not that hard to understand really. Think of it like this *NOT FOR LITTLE KIDS*: When your dad sees something, its a memory. Now I know this is wrong but bare with me, those memories are stored in his junk. Now when he has the no pants dance with his love, those memories form part of the fetus. Therefore, there is no possible why for the baby to have the memories of dad after he did the no pants dance. Simple http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
07-14-2011, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by sfin1994:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Seriously, this again?
I know, right? -___-

Its not that hard to understand really. Think of it like this *NOT FOR LITTLE KIDS*: When your dad sees something, its a memory. Now I know this is wrong but bare with me, those memories are stored in his junk. Now when he has the no pants dance with his love, those memories form part of the fetus. Therefore, there is no possible why for the baby to have the memories of dad after he did the no pants dance. Simple http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
you win the internet!
http://you-win-the-internet.com/?n=sfin1994

CRUDFACE
07-14-2011, 06:15 AM
I can't believe this was brought up again.

Originally posted by sfin1994:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
Seriously, this again?
I know, right? -___-

Its not that hard to understand really. Think of it like this *NOT FOR LITTLE KIDS*: When your dad sees something, its a memory. Now I know this is wrong but bare with me, those memories are stored in his junk. Now when he has the no pants dance with his love, those memories form part of the fetus. Therefore, there is no possible why for the baby to have the memories of dad after he did the no pants dance. Simple http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lmao, the "no pants dance" just priceless man.

Abeonis
07-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Radman500:
the animus only plays the ancestor that is currently living..... and when he dies, you go to the next ancestor...

well we were playing as ezio in the beginning, when his dad was still alive... so shouldn't we be playing as the dad, instead of ezio... if ezio dad is still alive.. then desmond should be reliving him, until he dies.. then we go to ezio..

Let me be the first to say: fail.

k20ml
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k20ml:

Think about what you're saying. If brotherhood didn't stop when Ezio had sex with Caerina, then logically it follows that desmond's line is not descended from Ezio and Caterina. The fact that we can continue to see memories is NOT a mistake. They KNOW about the conception thing, and they WON'T show any memories after Ezio concieves the child that leads directly to Desmond . But we haven't gotten to that point yet.

Contrary to what you may think, Ubisoft has thought about this a lot more than you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what the other guy meant. you might want to re-read my post and the bold words. i said for example. for example ezio had a kid at te beginning of brotherhood and that kid's bloodline directly connects ezio to desmond. that means that when that kid was born the genetic memory is automatically handed down from ezio to that kid, bob. therefore the later memories of ezio cannot be accessed by the animus. I GET IT.

Black_Widow9
07-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Please use the Find button to search for previously created Topics.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>