PDA

View Full Version : to beta testers of track-IR 6 DoF..

GAU-8
11-30-2004, 12:39 AM
regarding 6 DoF and PF,

im sure there is little to no input for us yet, but, i did have a question you MIGHT be able to answer.

if recording tracks in PF, and using 6DOF, will there be any anomolies from other viewers watching the track that dont have 6DOF? (i guess if there was, we could still select "free view") or movie making anomalies as well? i remember it being said that it is NATURAL POINTS programming doing this emulation of head movement, and not any code directly from 1C.

tsisqua
11-30-2004, 02:47 AM
I don't have TIR, but back when people were using the "Linda Blair" lookaround, I was able to see it on tracks that were recorded by other users, even though I couldn't get those views on my machine without TIR.

My guess is that it is still the same.

Tsisqua

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
11-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Well my guess would be that as it is using the existing game code (as I understand it ) then what ever it does will be represented with in the track by the game engine regardless of wether you have the track ir software or not? but it will be interesting to hear from the testers at some point and maybe even see an example track ?

GAU-8
good to hear http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hope it does the same as well

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
lol yeah what he said

Bearcat99
11-30-2004, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GAU-8:
regarding 6 DoF and PF,

im sure there is little to no input for us yet, but, i did have a question you MIGHT be able to answer.

if recording tracks in PF, and using 6DOF, will there be any anomolies from other viewers watching the track that dont have 6DOF? (i guess if there was, we could still select "free view") or movie making anomalies as well? i remember it being said that it is NATURAL POINTS programming doing this emulation of head movement, and not any code directly from 1C. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will probably use the already in the software POV settings.. just as if they were ona banded slider.