PDA

View Full Version : Bombsight Automation

MaJoWi
03-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Hi!

I know this has been discussed before, but I cannot find the thread anymore.

My problem is the crosshairs in the bombsight taking too much time to show up after manouvering the bombers (f.g. Ju88).

The current situation is that manouvering sums up the delay time for the crosshairs to appear. This forces the bomber pilot to make very long bomb runs because he has to wait for the crosshais. Especially in online scenarios where you have to manouver in order to spot the possible targets this becomes very annoing.

I think it would be better to have to fly in "approximate level flight" for a fixed duration of time to make the crosshairs show up again regardless of the amount ofprevious manouvering.

Imho it even would mean less calculation in the program.

I would be very grateful if the developers would take a look at this issue and would find a solution for this problem which takes away the fun from level bombing.

MaJoWi aka El_Marta

MaJoWi
03-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Hi!

I know this has been discussed before, but I cannot find the thread anymore.

My problem is the crosshairs in the bombsight taking too much time to show up after manouvering the bombers (f.g. Ju88).

The current situation is that manouvering sums up the delay time for the crosshairs to appear. This forces the bomber pilot to make very long bomb runs because he has to wait for the crosshais. Especially in online scenarios where you have to manouver in order to spot the possible targets this becomes very annoing.

I think it would be better to have to fly in "approximate level flight" for a fixed duration of time to make the crosshairs show up again regardless of the amount ofprevious manouvering.

Imho it even would mean less calculation in the program.

I would be very grateful if the developers would take a look at this issue and would find a solution for this problem which takes away the fun from level bombing.

MaJoWi aka El_Marta

RAF238th_Soak
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Keep your plane level. If you use the rudder to turn your bombsite won't disappear.

Jetbuff
03-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Majowi, most bombsights did need time to stabilize irl. A 20km run seems to be sufficient most of the time. If it's not coming up soon enough, chances are you are turning too long. i.e. rather than make shallow, prolonged turns, I recommend you try sharp, short turns when flying bombers. You'll be surprised at how quickly the sight comes back up in that scenario. Once you've turned on to the target, use level stabilizer + trim to fine tune your aimpoint rather than banking.

danjama
03-09-2006, 03:18 PM
I find the bombsight very good, and levels out pretty quick after i level from any turn.

WWSensei
03-09-2006, 04:27 PM
How long the bombsight stays off is directly related to how long you maintain a turn greater than a certain bank (I think it's 4 degrees a second).

If you must turn in your bomber wither do it VERY gradually, or as quickly as possible to stabilize the bombsight gyros.

Philipscdrw
03-10-2006, 06:38 AM
I read somewhere that if you make ANY really sharp turns in a bomber, it can take minutes for your sight to reset itself.

MaJoWi
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Thank you for your advice. Doing short turns followed by level flight seems to solve my problem.

S! MajoWi