PDA

View Full Version : IL2- Interesting Missions

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 05:25 PM
No- its not a new addon http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif. Its about what happened to me in a campaign a week or so ago. I decided to do a campaign in a Ju87 G1 in Kursk. I hoped to be attacking T34s and other Soviet tanks with the two massive 37mm cannons. Instead, my first mission stated that the base was being attacked by bombers and fighters and I had to scramble to engage. I sat and wondered about it, and then decided to do a campaign in another Ju87, only to be confronted by the same mission. I'm no expert, but I never heard of the Ju87 being used in combat as a fighter (although it was originally based on a fighter.) I admit that the Ju87 G1's cannons would have been quite impressive against enemy bombers and fighters, but i doubt it would be able to keep up with almost every fighter. It was quite odd.

Don't worry, i'm not a whinger. I love FB and think that its an amazing piece of work. Its just an observation, thats all. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 05:25 PM
No- its not a new addon http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif. Its about what happened to me in a campaign a week or so ago. I decided to do a campaign in a Ju87 G1 in Kursk. I hoped to be attacking T34s and other Soviet tanks with the two massive 37mm cannons. Instead, my first mission stated that the base was being attacked by bombers and fighters and I had to scramble to engage. I sat and wondered about it, and then decided to do a campaign in another Ju87, only to be confronted by the same mission. I'm no expert, but I never heard of the Ju87 being used in combat as a fighter (although it was originally based on a fighter.) I admit that the Ju87 G1's cannons would have been quite impressive against enemy bombers and fighters, but i doubt it would be able to keep up with almost every fighter. It was quite odd.

Don't worry, i'm not a whinger. I love FB and think that its an amazing piece of work. Its just an observation, thats all. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

To be able to fare well,
To avoid the frustration of misfortune,
That, in this world, is happiness.
-Euripides' Electra