PDA

View Full Version : Bombers in FG

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 06:06 AM
I`d like to know if it would be possible in the future development of the game to board a bomber with two or more players (multiplayer maybe)? It`s really hard to be a pilot and a bombardier at the same time, and it would be more realistic I guess.
If not it would be nice if I`ll be able as a bombardier to adjust a bombsight, altitude, speed and release bombs in the autopilot mode.

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 06:06 AM
I`d like to know if it would be possible in the future development of the game to board a bomber with two or more players (multiplayer maybe)? It`s really hard to be a pilot and a bombardier at the same time, and it would be more realistic I guess.
If not it would be nice if I`ll be able as a bombardier to adjust a bombsight, altitude, speed and release bombs in the autopilot mode.

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Yeah man? Im with u. I cant fly the machine and at that time setup a bombsight. Oleg, give to us an autopilot or ability to control bombsight by other, pleaaaaase.

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 08:33 AM
We have playing He-111´s bomber campaing this way:
we play wiht one pc, i was pilot and my friend is been bombardien and gunmens.

I think that bombardien/gunmens view can be also a pop-up windows as well...? That way i´ll can easily fly, and my friend can be able to shot a enemy planes at gunmen.

Watch your six, i`ll will be there some day

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 04:22 PM
No problems here to play in He11 as pilot and! handling bombside.
just use the Stabalizer and set up bomb side before u enter target zone.
Like in the real plane the bombardier have controls on plane wehn he is over target to rop his bombs , i think that it is impossible to give two players online the same controls so it is a compromice to simulate the controls for the bombardier in game.
Greatings I/KG26_Oranje

P.S. like to see more flyable bombers not A.I.

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 02:21 AM
My fellow Luft officer and I both agree we would like to see a "simplified control" scheme for bombsights. We don`t propose at all to replace the careful work done to date, just to implement an optional control method whereby those of us less aviatorily professional could possibly have a hope in Hell of using bombsights.

We love flying that German bomber, we just don`t have the sheer skill, dexterity, extra arm, and extra eyes necessary to even attempt to drop anything, never mind in combat.

Example: Tag a key to "target"... press it and use the mouse pointer to click on a target/point-in-the-earth in view from the bombardier station. As long as you remain in line and approaching it, an updating 'release' marker will be overlayed onto the view, indicating when you should drop the bomb - when the points meet, as the plane travels closer, you drop. Simple and possible. This is similar to lasing targets in the old classic EF2000, but you would have to be relatively level and the accuracy would entirely depend upon your timing rather than the aforementioned guidance technologies. It was a good, simple game play mechanic; *simulate* the skill necessary to execute this task, rather than reproducing it.

As it is, manipulating the site requires 100% of a mortal`s concentration and attention. As well as a host of newly bound keys we tend not to have room for.