PDA

View Full Version : Patch to turn off shadow

mariodiego
03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Please Ubisoft create a patch to turn off the shadows,because my game runs at 5 FPS with shadows turned on.

please

mariodiego
03-17-2011, 10:39 PM
someone know how i turn off shadow???

shop27C171CB8
03-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Put the quality of shadows on 1?
Main menu > Options > Graphics > Quality shadows

Dreddpool82
03-18-2011, 04:00 AM
Upgraded ya PC my help.

mariodiego
03-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Put Quality Shadows in 1 no turn off shadow.

iN3krO
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by mariodiego:
Put Quality Shadows in 1 no turn off shadow.

but increanse ur fps... one of the most problems of PC gaming is that you need to waste more money to play ps3/xbox games with the same quality, the good part is that if you reach the same quality in pc as ps3/xbox, you can play games with better graphics (dx10 and 11) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mariodiego
03-18-2011, 08:10 PM
yes daniel_gervide but i no have money to upgrade my pc.
then be someone knew something that helps thanks

shop27C171CB8
03-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Does your pc have the minimum requirements required to play Assassins Creed Brotherhood?

Assassins Creed Brotherhood Minimum System Requirements

- OS: Windows® XP (32-64 bits) /Windows Vista®(32-64 bits)/Windows 7® (32-64 bits)
- CPU: Intel Core® 2 Duo 1.8 GHZ or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHZ
- RAM: 1.5 GB Windows® XP / 2 GB Windows Vista® - Windows 7®
- VIDEO: 256 MB DirectX® 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list*)
- DX: 9.0
- HARD DRIVE: 8 GB
- SOUND: DirectX 9.0 -compliant sound card
- PERIPHERALS: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller
- Supported Video Cards: ATI® RADEON® HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series, NVIDIA GeForce® 8/9/100/200/300/400/500 series
- Note* * This product does not support Windows® 98/ME/2000/NT

mariodiego
03-19-2011, 08:06 PM
shop27C171CB8 of course not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
be somebody knew something to help speech
please
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

shop27C171CB8
03-20-2011, 04:45 AM
shop27C171CB8 of course not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
please
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif So you purchased Assassins Creed Brotherhood with the knowledge that your pc does not meet the minimum requirements and you are now demanding Ubisoft to release a patch so that you can play it anyhow?

Get a job and buy a new pc.

mariodiego
03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by shop27C171CB8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mariodiego:
please
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif So you purchased Assassins Creed Brotherhood with the knowledge that your pc does not meet the minimum requirements and you are now demanding Ubisoft to release a patch so that you can play it anyhow?

Get a job and buy a new pc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not demanding anything
I say "Please Ubisoft create a patch to turn off the shadows,because my game runs at 5 FPS with shadows turned on" "PLEASE"

can be creates good.
and be somebody knew something to help thanks

ace3001
03-20-2011, 08:46 PM
First of all, what's your pc spec? Graphics card?
I have an Intel HD Graphics onboard GPU, and I still get 15FPS with everything turned down. Shadows at 1. Didn't you try lowering everything?

mariodiego
03-20-2011, 11:05 PM
my pc is old

Windows 7
RAM: 2048MB
CPU: Intel 1.80GHz (2 CPUS)
Video: ATI X 1550 Mem.: 1022MB

My pc not run but run

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7613/acb.png

Game in my pc Low Graphic .

have to be a way to turn off the shadows will run better

shop27C171CB8
03-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Get rid of Windows 7. I bet your computer is lagging / already lagging merely by the fact that you got Windows 7 on it.
Get Windows XP with such a system.

mariodiego
03-20-2011, 11:51 PM
no, other game how Assassin Creed II and others had an improvement in perfomance.

shop27C171CB8
03-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Alright Mr. Ignorant,

Ubisoft isn't going to release a "No-Shadow Patch" if you don't meet the minimum requirements for the game.
Purchase a better pc to be able to play the game.

mariodiego
03-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Alright Mr. Ignorant,

Ubisoft isn't going to release a "No-Shadow Patch" if you don't meet the minimum requirements for the game.

I am sr.: ignorant because i not speak English

then be okay to ubisoft not need releases a patch to turn off the shadows good.

then be someone knew something that diminishes the quality of the game graphically speaking please

Sinysh
03-21-2011, 01:15 AM
my pc is old

Windows 7
RAM: 2048MB
CPU: Intel 1.80GHz (2 CPUS)
Video: ATI X 1550 Mem.: 1022MB

My pc not run but run

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7613/acb.png

Game in my pc Low Graphic .

have to be a way to turn off the shadows will run better

and you wonder why you got lag

Minimum requirements usually mean that you turn every graphic option to the lowest and use the lowest possible resolution.

Don't go crying to ubisoft because you bought a game your crappy pc can't handle

mariodiego
03-21-2011, 01:56 AM
I'm only missing is anyone knows post something here to help me to reduce the graphic, be not that help get out

Sinysh
03-21-2011, 02:02 AM
There is a graphics setting in the game menu when you choose Story Mode, Multiplayer etc

KingDaniel0
03-21-2011, 02:27 AM

I can't say for sure, but just look under the Game's Config for the Variable ShadowQuality and make sure the Value is set to 0.

But If setting Shadow to 1 at the Main Menu---->Graphics----->Quality shadows already sets this value to 0, then I don't think you can fully disable Shadows now. This will require MODDING to be done on this game......Open the game's Config file i.e. ACBrotherhood.ini, and look for the Cvar 'ShadowQuality'.

If you're on Vista or 7, file should be at C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBrotherhood.ini.

Edit the following:

DisplayWidth=800
DisplayHeight=600
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=0
ReflectionQuality=2
CharacterQuality=2
PostFX=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lord_Ethcaz
03-21-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mariodiego:

I can't say for sure, but just look under the Game's Config for the Variable ShadowQuality and make sure the Value is set to 0.

But If setting Shadow to 1 at the Main Menu---->Graphics----->Quality shadows already sets this value to 0, then I don't think you can fully disable Shadows now. This will require MODDING to be done on this game......Open the game's Config file i.e. ACBrotherhood.ini, and look for the Cvar 'ShadowQuality'.

If you're on Vista or 7, file should be at C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\ACBrotherhood.ini.

Edit the following:

DisplayWidth=800
DisplayHeight=600
RefreshRate=60
MultiSampleType=0
VSync=0
EnvironmentQuality=2
TextureQuality=2
ShadowQuality=0
ReflectionQuality=2
CharacterQuality=2
PostFX=1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and even then, I don't think this game is gonna run on his PC.
Have you seen his specs and compared them to the minimum requirements?
He's coming up short on EVERY ASPECT. Just reducing shadow quality, won't fix this.
He needs a better CPU to process all data, he needs a better videocard to help process graphics, and he needs more RAM so his PC doesn't function like a bottleneck.
Also, as someone mentioned already, Windows 7 on that PC is just plainly stupid. I think Win7 has a minimum requirement of 2gb RAM aswel, where AC:B had a 3GB requirement?

So, really, mario, get yourself an upgraded PC, and then you can enjoy playing the game. You were ignorant into thinking this game would work on your oldskool PC.

KingDaniel0
03-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by faidh:
and even then, I don't think this game is gonna run on his PC.
Have you seen his specs and compared them to the minimum requirements?
He's coming up short on EVERY ASPECT. Just reducing shadow quality, won't fix this.

Yes, I know his specs are a bit low for this game, But he doesn't want to Upgrade his PC as told by him. Maybe he's not having the resources to do this right now ?

Actually the main downer here is his GPU i.e the ATI X1550. It is below the Minimum requirements. 2GB memory should be OK. I think AC:B requires a minimum 2GB under Windows 7/Vista.

I just told him to give the Config file Trick a try....But, if that doesn't solve his problem, then he must first UPGRADE his Video card. That Video card Model isn't listed here either:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/ap...rs/detail/a_id/14572 (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14572)

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
ATI RADEON HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series
NVIDIA GeForce 8/9/100/200/300/400/500 series

@mariodiego,

Have you tried playing the game under 'Windows XP SP2 Compatibility Mode' ? This can be easily done under Windows 7. But again, doing this doesn't guarantee that you might get an FPS boost.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TooEze
03-21-2011, 06:01 AM
To be honest, one should check the minimum specs before buying a game. And people advising he should buy a new PC are just annoying, he asked for help on how to make the game run a little better. Nonetheless I don't think it will improve the performance.

shop27C171CB8
03-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by TooEze:
To be honest, one should check the minimum specs before buying a game. And people advising he should buy a new PC are just annoying, he asked for help on how to make the game run a little better. Nonetheless I don't think it will improve the performance. The only way to make the game run better on his pc is to perform an upgrade. We are so annoying with that advice.

ace3001
03-21-2011, 07:44 AM
I have a feeling you're exaggerating when you say 5FPS. I ran the game on a Core i3 with Intel HD Graphics, and just 2GB RAM, and I got like 15FPS. with shadows at 1. And that's actually quite playable. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
And like everyone says, Ubisoft has got nothing to do about this. Sadly, the only thing for you to do is an upgrade. But I can tell you, the ONLY thing you need to upgrade is the graphics card. Don't listen to certain "elitists" who say "OMG 2GB NOT ENOUGHX0RS LOLOLOL!!!!". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mariodiego
03-21-2011, 03:49 PM
thanks all to try help.

be someone knew something but you can help please talk.

TooEze
03-22-2011, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TooEze:
To be honest, one should check the minimum specs before buying a game. And people advising he should buy a new PC are just annoying, he asked for help on how to make the game run a little better. Nonetheless I don't think it will improve the performance. The only way to make the game run better on his pc is to perform an upgrade. We are so annoying with that advice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, there are several ways to improve the performance: overclocking, upgrade some of the hardware(not all of it), mess with the configuration files etc. The reason that I replied the way I did is because of the fact that I can't stand your kind of people on forums. You are just telling him something he already knows and not contributing with a viable solution to the current problem. It's obvious that hardware should be upgraded but he stated that he did not have the money for that, so don't be a ****** and keep repeating something someone already knows.

shop27C171CB8
03-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by TooEze:
Not true, there are several ways to improve the performance: overclocking, upgrade some of the hardware(not all of it), mess with the configuration files etc. The reason that I replied the way I did is because of the fact that I can't stand your kind of people on forums. You are just telling him something he already knows and not contributing with a viable solution to the current problem. It's obvious that hardware should be upgraded but he stated that he did not have the money for that, so don't be a ****** and keep repeating something someone already knows. Overclocking won't help with the system he has.
Upgrading hardware will work.
Messing with the configuration files won't work as we already suggested that and has no effect or atleast not the effect mariodiego wants.
If he already knows that he needs to upgrade various hardware than he shouldn't be posting these kind of messages.
If he has no money for an upgrade than the most logical suggestion and solution would be ways to obtain money to perform the upgrade.

If responding like this makes me and / or others a ****** than so be it. Atleast we aren't such a pathetic person that needs to resort to name calling, unlike you.

ranarr
03-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Stop being mean to him, what the hell guys.

mariodiego
03-22-2011, 11:56 AM
and hard to find help in the forum, because he always has a "fight"

and changing the mode compartibilidade to windows XP (service pack 3) helped a little.

be someone know something more please speak.

Black_Widow9
03-22-2011, 03:32 PM
If you are going to post please make sure it is civil, respectful and constructive. Otherwise you will find yourself on vacation. Check out the Forum Rules here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/1091017947)

Kriss_T0ff
12-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Alright Mr. Ignorant,

What a moronic comment... I probably have a better rig than you... game specs are for ensuring a good playing experience... if you can make a game run on older rig, that's good for those who may not be as "lucky" as you...

A VALID reason ubi should make that patch is that it would allow 3D Vision TO WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE with AC4. AC games gave me the best 3d experience of any games so yes, PLEASE UBI, MAKE THAT NO SHADOW PATCH, or fix the 3D shadows.

MnemonicSyntax
12-29-2013, 08:51 PM
A moronic comment to a post made over two years ago?

Frag_Maniac
12-29-2013, 11:58 PM
So you purchased Assassins Creed Brotherhood with the knowledge that your pc does not meet the minimum requirements and you are now demanding Ubisoft to release a patch so that you can play it anyhow?

Further proof of what I've said recently, that far too many claims of tech problems are allowed on the general discussion board, many of which are illegitimate.

Black_Widow9
12-31-2013, 07:22 AM
I'm going to lock this resurrection now.