PDA

View Full Version : Patch upgrade question

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay, here's the situation: I've downloaded the 1.1_full (41mb) patch for the 'out-of-the-box' version of the game,(v1.0), which is what I've got, but I'm not 100% certain on where it should be installed to. I've tried three or four times to install the patch now, but it makes no difference - recognisable bugs are still there as ever. For example, even after installing, the sun still shines through the B239 instrument panel, which I take as a sign that the patch has gone to the wrong place.

The way the game is set up on my machine at present, IL2FB can be found in the C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder, so I unzip the patch to this location, but nothing.

I've also tried unzipping the patch to a temporary directory and then dragging and dropping the files from there into the IL2FB folders and sub-folders. Predicatbly, this buggered FB right up and I had to do a complete reinstall because the maps wouldn't work anymore. I have since reinstalled, but the patch still doesn't do anything. Anyone got any suggestions?

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 09:27 PM
Okay, here's the situation: I've downloaded the 1.1_full (41mb) patch for the 'out-of-the-box' version of the game,(v1.0), which is what I've got, but I'm not 100% certain on where it should be installed to. I've tried three or four times to install the patch now, but it makes no difference - recognisable bugs are still there as ever. For example, even after installing, the sun still shines through the B239 instrument panel, which I take as a sign that the patch has gone to the wrong place.

The way the game is set up on my machine at present, IL2FB can be found in the C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles folder, so I unzip the patch to this location, but nothing.

I've also tried unzipping the patch to a temporary directory and then dragging and dropping the files from there into the IL2FB folders and sub-folders. Predicatbly, this buggered FB right up and I had to do a complete reinstall because the maps wouldn't work anymore. I have since reinstalled, but the patch still doesn't do anything. Anyone got any suggestions?

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Scratch previous post. From the looks of it I got a corrupted download the first time around, because I finished downloading the patch a second time (lousy damned 56k connection!), installed it and it worked fine.

One of these days I'll have to upgrade...