PDA

View Full Version : il2 upgrade_1.1aexe. and _1.2exe

elslasho
10-20-2004, 04:47 PM
After installing the upgrades my planes in the training missions crash. Anyone else have this problem?

elslasho
10-20-2004, 04:47 PM
After installing the upgrades my planes in the training missions crash. Anyone else have this problem?

plumps_
10-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Found in an old forum FAQ (not sure if it's still at airwarfare.com):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Q: My plane crashes during the training missions before they are done. Please help!

A: The training missions from the CD use different flight modelling than all other versions of the sim. The problems include, but are not limited to, having the AI plane crash in the middle of the training, or having the subtitled text not match what the plane is doing. Fly the training missions on the CD version before applying any upgrades or patches.

One solution for this from michapma is to:

1) Install from the box.
2) Copy the contents of the IL-2 Sturmovik folder exactly to a parallel folder with a different name, such as "IL-2 Sturmovik boxed version"
3) Patch the version in the first IL-2 Sturmovik folder to 1.2 (that is, first 1.1a and then 1.2, then 1.2ov if you want to install other voices on the radio)
4) Use the version in the "IL-2 Sturmovik boxed version" folder to view track files.
5) Copy any other patched versions from the "IL-2 Sturmovik boxed version" folder, following the same procedure as you did to patch to 1.2 (there are lots of good tracks for version 1.04 and 1.1).

I personally have 3 versions of IL-2 installed in parallel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Why don't my tracks / training missions work?

A: 2 possibilities:
1) The tracks were recorded with an older patch level than you're running with your current installation (tracks won't work with a new patch if the flight model of the plane you recorded was changed). Most of the training missions will only work with the original game.
2) You might have used a lot of time compression or pausing in the mission that you recorded. If you want to make sure a track will be replayable then
- don't use time acceleration and deceleration
- don't switch views too frequently
- don't pause the game
This is especially important for slower PCs. Also, the longer your track is the higher the possibility that it'll get screwed up.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-HH- Beebop
10-20-2004, 06:30 PM
IIRC the original IL-2 Sturmovik .trk and training files did not work correctly once the game was patched to 1.04, (a previous patch to 1.1).

I'd say follow michapmas' suggestion (if you have the HD space) and install an unpatched version in a separate folder. That's what I did until the usefulness of the training tracks wore out and I became a better flyer.

The old IL2Center, Sturmovik Technika and Mudmovers had some great addtional training tracks for IL-2. I don't know if they are still around though. (Pity these original sites went down).

EURO_Snoopy
10-20-2004, 06:54 PM
All the original mudmovers content is still intact on airwarfare.com http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

The training tracks for IL2 are here (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2/il2_tracks.htm) IL2 Gunnery Training is for version 1.2 the others I'm not sure of, it's been so long http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

elslasho
10-22-2004, 02:42 PM
My thanks to everyone. This will work. Larry