PDA

View Full Version : Problems with jets in IL2 Ace expansion

Ensight
08-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I want to fly the Me-262 and the YP-80 but they break before I can do anything. They are so fun to fly but the engines catch on fire or they just shut down for now reason. I know they were not the most reliable planes in the world IRL but I would like to be able to fly them in the game, they are fun. Is there a way to turn that feature down or off so I can fly around in them. Any advice would be appreiciated thanks in advance.

SeaNorris
08-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Dont yank the throttle right up, it has to go up slowly.

bigbossmalone
08-20-2005, 04:17 PM
Welcome Ensight, I wish you many hours of entertainment/insight in the forum.
I, too, enjoy the Me262 immensely and all I can say is be REALLY GENTLE on accelerating AND decelerating on this plane and it should not burn out for nothing....combat is another story, they WILL flame out with the slightest of hits, so learn the correct manouevre tactics for these aircraft, it is way too easy to put on/take off the gas too quickly in a dogfight situation.
Happy Flying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

bird_brain
08-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Be very gentle with the throttle and increase or decrease it slowly. If you give it alot of throttle, the engines will catch on fire. If you reduce it quickly, they will flame out & quit.

Best bet is to give it 90% throttle on take off only. Stay at 75% to 80% throttle for normal cruise. Anything higher & the engines will quickly overheat.

Set it to cruise and take your hand off the throttle until you land. It is the greatest energy fighter of all, but if you yank it around and bleed speed, you are a sitting duck. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Taylortony
08-21-2005, 04:28 AM
I seem to remember a little hack round this online was to push the throttle fully open before you spawned, the thing would wind up on its own without bursting into flames when it spawned.....

Kuna15
08-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Well I may add that you will have to be a little bit patient, another words, you must first climb that takes some time (crucial for ME-262).

YP-80 is IMO better fighter as long as you don't get touchy on throttle. YP-80 will outturn many late war planes, outrun them...

ME-262 is on the other hand more durable, you get the safety of two engines, excellent diving performance, outstanding armament and good manouverability.

LStarosta
08-21-2005, 09:09 AM
Jets are for n00bs because they cause lag.