PDA

View Full Version : Infantry

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:32 PM
I seem to remember in the old Il-2 sim that when I went in low and strafed an armored column I could see infantry soldiers running for their virtual lives . It was a blast watching them scatter !

However in FB I don't think that I have seen any infantry yet . Are they still there and I'm just not seeing them ?
Or have they been taken out of this sim ?

Is it because I'm running FB on high and not excellent ? In Il-2 I could turn my video settings way up , in FB I have to tone them down a bit .

Just wondering .

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:32 PM
I seem to remember in the old Il-2 sim that when I went in low and strafed an armored column I could see infantry soldiers running for their virtual lives . It was a blast watching them scatter !

However in FB I don't think that I have seen any infantry yet . Are they still there and I'm just not seeing them ?
Or have they been taken out of this sim ?

Is it because I'm running FB on high and not excellent ? In Il-2 I could turn my video settings way up , in FB I have to tone them down a bit .

Just wondering .

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 08:36 PM
they are still there. They even have helmets..

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 09:11 PM
Thanks .

Now I'll go hunt them down !

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 12:42 AM
yes the sim needs more of this not just more planes

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 01:43 AM
Funny I was just reminded of this feature last night.

I was flying an 190A4 campaign tasked with bombing a convoy. Planning a low level drop, I noticed that the convoy had stopped and people were legging it into the surrounding woods.

I was so taken with this sight that I dropped my egg long of the convoy by a good 200m. Reminded me of how cool this sim can be.

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 02:24 AM
This sim is great, but is a pity that you can't manage infantry in FMB, an dif you send paratroopers, well.. when they hit the ground, they simpy run an dthen they fall...
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

"The show must go on..."

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 02:38 AM
You can take over an airfield by landing a Me323 so it parks near the takeoff end. Tail pointing to runway, Me323 with its massive cannon/mg arsenal blows wings off even mighty TB~3s trying to take off. Crew runs everywhere. But your side first must eliminate heavy enemy AA and tanks near the airfield first. Think about it.

Don't attempt multiple Me323s however, they run into each other with those huge wings. Also, Me323s vanish from parking area after one hour, so you must land replacement, if your missions last that long.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 02:47 AM
Didn't knew that, thnx.

"The show must go on..."