PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer game

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 03:28 PM
S! all.....JFC Runs a dogfight mission (+ 20 people) once a week. It seem that since the patch, our lower end users (56k and some of the slower cable guys) have been timing out and the whole game has been slowed down.( AS seen by the green ping meter in upper right corner ) We went from 2 and 3 green bars (pre patch) to 5 and 6 (post patch)....Some of the lag occures when people refly which effects just about all players.....(kinda rough when flying in close formation..LOL)..Now our host for the game has upgraded his comp to try and minimize this problem but it seems to have no effect. What I am looking for is information we can use to return game performance back to the original perfomance.the thing is we fly full hard so turning down our vidio settings is not an option...we already fly with only default skins and have tried to get everyone on the same page as far as setup.
I would like to know exactly what the patch did to the net interface..(in laymens terms please) and if anyone runs large rooms like us and what can we do to improve the overall game performance with a large group of people....Any information would be extreamly helpful... Thank you very much ..250th TBAP_Ring_CO

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 03:28 PM
S! all.....JFC Runs a dogfight mission (+ 20 people) once a week. It seem that since the patch, our lower end users (56k and some of the slower cable guys) have been timing out and the whole game has been slowed down.( AS seen by the green ping meter in upper right corner ) We went from 2 and 3 green bars (pre patch) to 5 and 6 (post patch)....Some of the lag occures when people refly which effects just about all players.....(kinda rough when flying in close formation..LOL)..Now our host for the game has upgraded his comp to try and minimize this problem but it seems to have no effect. What I am looking for is information we can use to return game performance back to the original perfomance.the thing is we fly full hard so turning down our vidio settings is not an option...we already fly with only default skins and have tried to get everyone on the same page as far as setup.
I would like to know exactly what the patch did to the net interface..(in laymens terms please) and if anyone runs large rooms like us and what can we do to improve the overall game performance with a large group of people....Any information would be extreamly helpful... Thank you very much ..250th TBAP_Ring_CO