PDA

View Full Version : Testing Games

Sarekofvulcan
10-13-2010, 11:31 AM
I wonder what people are testing the game. I have player AC II now. And i must say or those testers don't have the nerve to criticize the boss (afraid for there jobs ?"). Those puzzels for the seals to unlock Altair armor are reallu supid, i hope the will loos them in Botherhood and AC3. If i want to puzzle i buy a Nintendo.
Second in some situation you camera position is really crap, this is something a tester should notice and report, sometimes you do not even see what way Ezio is looking and you jump completly the wrong way.

Tip: 1. sack the people who tested the game, they done a very bad job

Tip 2. Loos the puzzle things in next coming releases

Tip 3. Give players move room, now all is lineare based, give players a choice

magesupermaster
10-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Sorry to break it for you, but more puzzles and tombs! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif(Try to take a puzzle like a man!) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

They can't make Ezio choose between good and evil like in Infamous,how do you think they can make the game less linear?

mikeh1294
10-13-2010, 12:35 PM
Mate, people in QA have one of the hardest jobs in the industry! They work the longest hours for the smallest pay. The puzzles are awesome, they stopped the gameplay being repetitive!
QA guys and gals and the unsung heroes of the gaming industry, you shouldn't be so harsh on them.

Also, Altair's armour was meant to be hard to get, otherwise the game would be too easy. What did you want? The best stuff in the game to be handed to you after 10 minutes playing?

And as Mage said, how would you stop it being linear? It's a story-based game!

Don't just critise, offer suggestions on how to make the game better.

Sarekofvulcan
10-15-2010, 04:50 PM
But puzzeling has nothing to do with a Assassin. That is my point. In the add on they made for ACII (seq 12 and 13) they give you assignments to kill certain people and some are easy to kill others hard. Now that is the way the game should go. That is what you do as a assisin. And the the jumping around to get to the altair armour is not a puzzle. By puzzle i mean to unlock everything of subject 16.

EzioAssassin51
10-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Mate, he was actually helping his Uncle out by getting them, seeing as he had been looking for them, and not to mention he was doing himself a favour by getting an awesome armour. Just because a game is too hard for you, doesn't mean the testers are crap.

They probably tested it and really liked them for both the gameplay and the difficulty!

Pete3650
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Then, go play AC1!
It has no puzzles, and ou just kill people.
Also, Subject 16's puzzles are not part of the main storyline, so you dont have to do them if you dont want to

Sarekofvulcan
10-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Mate, he was actually helping his Uncle out by getting them, seeing as he had been looking for them

@EzioAssassin51
The puzzles of subject 16 things have nothing to do with his Uncle (as Pete said they are not part of the storyline). But think you missed that.

Second what i said was about the camera position, when your on a roof or ledge you should be able to look around in all directions. and yes for the most part it does. But what strikes me is that when i'm on the roof and want to look donw on the edge of the roof you can't look down all the way (as you normally could).

@Pete3650
Yes AC1 is still favarite above AC2.

P.S. @@EzioAssassin51 maybe the game is to hard ... is 1000 achievements points bad ???

Puppet627
10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Subject 16's puzzles aren't part of Ezio's story, they're part of Desmond's story.
As others have said before me, the puzzles break the repetitiveness of the game, which was the flaw of the original Assassin's Creed.

If you think the puzzles are too hard or are 'unnecessary' because you're an assassin, all you do is kill, then perhaps you should sell your copy of AC and buy a game like Manhunt.

Tip 1) Think about what you are gonna say next time you want to start a pointless thread.
Tip 2) Take note that Assassin's Creed isn't just about killing.
Tip 3) Work on your grammar.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

EzioAssassin51
10-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Sarekofvulcan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
Mate, he was actually helping his Uncle out by getting them, seeing as he had been looking for them

@EzioAssassin51
The puzzles of subject 16 things have nothing to do with his Uncle (as Pete said they are not part of the storyline). But think you missed that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i didn't miss anything. you did. If you read my post i mentioned 'an awesome armour', so clearly i was talking about the tombs! Ezio gets Altair's armour after completing the tombs!

JAHman28
10-16-2010, 03:27 AM
If you don't want to do puzzles, then don't do them. If you want 1000 gamerscore again, then you have to do them.

Don't **** the devs (or... testers...) because they want a little optional variety.

PhiIs1618033
10-16-2010, 05:36 AM
1. Just come play MineCraft Survival Multiplayer with me (which is still in Alpha). AC is very likely to have such an amount of bugs, which need to be filtered out. Also, most of the mechanics are fine-tuned during testing, like the speed of gun-aim, distance for killing and all that. If you have a building that you shouldn't be able to climb, it needs to be tested. Testing a game properly is hard work.

2. Just because you aren't able to solve a few puzzles, doesn't mean nobody is. Also, puzzles are fun, once in a while.
You talked about 'those puzzels for the seals to unlock Altair armor'. Solving Subject 16's puzzles won't unlock Altair's armour.

3. The game is far from linear. Mario (the plumber, not the uncle) in the early days, that's linear. In ACII you can choose how to assassinate, do certain missions before others, do sidequests at any time you please and so on. Assassin's Creed isn't called a sandbox game for no reason.

4. You actually can look down the roof. Just get on the edge and gently push forward. Ezio will look down and you can see what's happening below.

5. You always jump in the general direction your camera is facing and your left stick is pointing. Your problem is just inability to handle the controls.

NewBlade200
10-17-2010, 04:58 AM
It wasnt linear at all!
The puzzels were one of the things that kept the game from getting repetitive.
Why would you sack people for testing the game?
If you want a less linear assassination, try the assassination contracts.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif