PDA

View Full Version : New to Sub Sims.... Kind of

Guidon666
03-31-2005, 11:00 AM
1st want to say Hi. And apologize for a rather silly request.

Last sub sim I played was "Red Storm Rising" A long time ago and really havent been into the sub sims since.

Not really looking for encouragement to buy the game, as I am pretty sure within the next week or so I will. But looking fo rgeneral thoughts comparing this to someof the others that are out there.

My big thing is Complexity of play. It it is too dificult I will usually dump the game (Ah-64 Longbow) Was an example. Playing the game was more difficult that flying an actual Apache simulator because of key set up.

I've DL'd the videos. looked at all sorts of screen shots, and am really impressed by what I have seen. But one thing I havent experienced is the controls of things.

Any help? Advice?, Descriptions on ease/complexity (Intuitive) the controls are?

Thanks in advance.

Yarrick_
03-31-2005, 11:12 AM
I find it easy and even "international" to use this game, because you mainly issue orders trough icons which include drawings, that represent the officers in your command. So, no need to understand english at all, and also intuitive.
The more tricky is using the menus of the game before playing. Another complicated thing is entering some stations such as "recieved messages" panel, which is M key, but for these the game package includes a key map which you can put behind your keyboard.

Guidon666
03-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Cool. Thanks

RedTerex
03-31-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi Guidon666 of Raven Shield forums I believe.
Welcome to SHIII forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nice to see you here bud !

Anyway, in answer to your question as well as the one received by Yarrick.
There is a nice simple keyboard map included with the game.
Also there are multiple ways of "doing things" too. ie: right click on the radio operator to go to his station OR hit key F9.
Hit key 4 for ahead full OR click on the telegraph.

stuff like that...beleive me it dont take long to learn all the functions.

I also had Janes AH-64 longbow...actually I had the second version too and Yes the keyboard layout was awseome I think every key plus shifted keys were used, about 200 odd key bindings LOL

regards