PDA

View Full Version : The significance of December 21 -- Very important to the story! **SPOILER**

rustoleum01
11-22-2007, 09:53 PM
You might have noticed a bar code with a number under it on the floor (you can see it using Eagle Vision) -- the number is 12212012. This is the date December 21, 2012. This date is very significant because a number of calendars, including the one used by the Mayans, end on that date, leading many to suggest that 12/21/2012 will be the day of the end of the world. Also, the Earth will be aligned facing the center of the Milky Way behind the Sun on that date. You can read more about this subject on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#December.

If you read the emails on Lucy's computer, she says that the death of her friend occurred in September 2007. In another email she says it's been 5 years since the death of her friend (still demanding answers as to how she died). This means that the animus sessions with Desmond are taking place in late 2012. Then, if you read the email on the laptop in the conference room, you find out that the satellite launch has been delayed until December 21. That means the launch is set for December 21, 2012 -- the same date scribbled on the floor of the lab, the date believed in many cultures to represent the end of the world. Something to think about.

Also, one number I noticed somewhere (I think in the bedroom) was 13.0.0.0.0. This number is also mentioned in that same Wikipedia article I mentioned earlier in this posting.

I hope this helps.

Zikro
11-22-2007, 10:34 PM
*spoiler*

It's explained online in certain articles if you can find them. Basically Abstergo will launch their satelite and use it to broadcast the power of the artifact world-wide so they can control the world in a manner similar to the assassin leader and the town of Masyef in the end of the game.

You should put *spoiler* in the title.

rustoleum01
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks Zikro for suggesting I add "Spoiler" to the title. I just added it.