PDA

View Full Version : I can't stun most of the time...

tyltyl
08-01-2011, 09:28 AM
...instead I get hunted down by own preys.
Sometimes I use a smoke bomb which most of the time is totally ineffective, the other guy just kills me. When it works I point the hunter, I hit shift, even more times and nothing happens. I just stand there like a freaking moron!
Other times my prey turns against me, run towards me and stuns me even if I try to kill him. Some people were able to stun me 3 times in a row in "wanted" by just running on me as if they were the hunter :-/
When I try the same, I get killed.

Now since 3-4 matches stun doesn't work anymore in any mode. The stun icon doesn't appear while the enemy can just recovery from the smoke and kill me.

Why does this happen? Is stun bugged or is it just matter of lag?

thornebrook
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Sounds like lag, tbh. Especially if it involves kills through Smoke. You could have thrown the Smoke too late, or have a higher ping than your opponent and lagged.

Also, and this is a mistake I make often -- make sure you're not locked on to someone else when trying to stun your pursuer.

When you see your target start to run toward you, lock on and start mashing that kill button. Kill normally trumps stun. Try to avoid going for naked stuns yourself unless you're confident that you have the advantage of surprise on your pursuer.

Sounds like you're having some bad lag though, and if your connection's good, it might be a Ubisoft issue. Not much we can do about that on our end. I hear the game works on a peer-to-peer model, so not exactly sure about the technical details on what the deciding factor is regarding whose actions trump whose.

Grazel69
08-01-2011, 10:29 AM
the smoke bomb kills happen all the time it's just because of lag
as for the stuns make sure you're close to the one you want to stun and locking that person always helps, make sure no one else is locked
Kill most of the time beat the stuns
and don't try to naked stun when you're not experienced with the stunning.

tyltyl
08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
First of all thanks for your suggestions.
No, I'm not experienced, I'm level 31 but still I'm only a casual player so I don't usually farm out my characters.

It happened again a while ago during a "Manhunt" match that my prey ran towards me, but still the kill didn't beat his stun.

Yes you are right, sometimes I can't really aim correctly. Even when I'm in front of my prey I kill the wrong one, LOL. And I can't lock the right target locking the closest one.

I'm going to practice a little bit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PJonDevelopment
08-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I do feel your pain, my friend.

Stun never worked with me, although I'm still level 9 or 10, so I'm not so sure if I have the stun ability.

I do play the game fairly often, but only the single player. Multiplayer, not so much.