PDA

View Full Version : Why is no one talking about the Hayabusa?............

LEBillfish
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi All;

I'm sure many of you have seen my constant hammering out of details on the Ki-61 Hien as I try and educate myself to it......What amazes me however is the almost utter lack of threads on the Hayabusa or Ki-43......

What an amazing aircraft though obsolete within months of its release......Did you know the "1a" model really was primarily a prototype few made?.....The 1c actually the production version?......Yet the 1b how the Model 1's were primarily delivered?

I'm sure you all realize there are some incredible well detailed books on the plane...Some with absolutly awesome color photo's of accurate restorations........Yet more so, did you know you can get copies of complete service manuals in both Japanese & English?.......Or a complete set of "blue prints"?

This was the plane that made the allies ears perk up suddenly hearing how the new Japanese "Zero" outclassed much of the current allied offerings.......I say Zero in that it was actually quite often the Hayabusa, the rep for it well earned.

Now I'm stuck in a Hien rut....can't get it out of my head and due to the problems researching it and it's units in contrast to the Hayabusa have little time......So who here's the Hayabusa fan who realizes what a milestone YET millstone plane it was and loves it for that reason?

Waiting for my Hayabusa education to begin....

LEBillfish
01-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi All;

I'm sure many of you have seen my constant hammering out of details on the Ki-61 Hien as I try and educate myself to it......What amazes me however is the almost utter lack of threads on the Hayabusa or Ki-43......

What an amazing aircraft though obsolete within months of its release......Did you know the "1a" model really was primarily a prototype few made?.....The 1c actually the production version?......Yet the 1b how the Model 1's were primarily delivered?

I'm sure you all realize there are some incredible well detailed books on the plane...Some with absolutly awesome color photo's of accurate restorations........Yet more so, did you know you can get copies of complete service manuals in both Japanese & English?.......Or a complete set of "blue prints"?

This was the plane that made the allies ears perk up suddenly hearing how the new Japanese "Zero" outclassed much of the current allied offerings.......I say Zero in that it was actually quite often the Hayabusa, the rep for it well earned.

Now I'm stuck in a Hien rut....can't get it out of my head and due to the problems researching it and it's units in contrast to the Hayabusa have little time......So who here's the Hayabusa fan who realizes what a milestone YET millstone plane it was and loves it for that reason?

Waiting for my Hayabusa education to begin....

LEXX_Luthor
01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Ki-43 was going to be my Fave, but I never could get a good dynamic campaign developed as I lacked the time to do it -- also...the PF maps kinda hurt. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I was planning on using MiG-3 as "Ki-44" for Army campaign, as partial successor to -43, which makes *some* sense because MiG and Ki-44 were both high altitude fighters, although they looked totally opposite, they shared much in basic concept.

Professor_06
01-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Really need the flyable II model. The I version was built in small numbers.

"In combat, the Hayabusa was superior to any opposing fighter it encountered in the initial part of the war. The OSCAR remained formidable even as better Allied aircraft entered the fray. Like the Zero, the OSCAR turned and stalled better than most fighters to see combat in the war. Low gross weight was an important factor in this performance. Nakajima achieved it by building a spare, tidy airframe powered by a relatively small engine. The company only installed two machine guns, and omitted pilot armor and self-sealing gas tanks. These sacrifices cost dearly when the Allies fielded airplanes with heavy firepower such as the Lockheed P-38 Lightning. The Lightning packed four 12.7 mm (.50 cal) machine guns and a 20 mm cannon. Many P-38 pilots commented on the tendency of OSCARs to explode after only a short burst of fire. The small engine also limited performance for it permitted Allied pilots flying faster airplanes to engage or decline combat at will. "

unquote....

Stigler_9_JG52
01-30-2006, 07:14 PM
What is it about women and Hayabusas...???

I remember when I was in the Warbirds community, there was a female pilot there named "Flyp" (her husband also played, and he was "Flop") and her favorite ride was the Ki-43.

She was a holy terror in that plane, one of only a few who would even fly it. Even those little popguns can mess up your day if the plane gets behind you and can light you up before you can accelerate away.

I remember one big scrap where she killed me, and while it was happening, I *knew*... I just *knew* it was her. And while I endured the death of a thousand mosquito bites... *plink, ping, plink, pop, plink, ping...* I was yanking on my joystick in futility, gritting my teeth and saying, "Dammit, Flyp....!"

Sure enough, the kill was awarded to her when it was all over.

And then, I met her in person at a Warbirds convention, and found that she had this crazy "flying posture"...she flew with a twisty stick, so she didn't have rudder pedals. She had one leg tucked under her, "indian style", and one leg fully outstretched to the side, with the heel resting on the edge of the table as she flew. Un-friggin'-real.

Here's a salute to all the Hayabusa aces...they truly earn their kills.

darkhorizon11
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
We'll probably get it with the Burma map...

ElAurens
01-30-2006, 07:23 PM
After the Kawasaki built aircraft the Ki43 is my favorite Imperial Japanese mount. It just dances around the sky, almost like a biplane. And I for one really like the telescopic sight. Great for slowly and methodically picking apart your adversary, then when I'm done playing, just put a short burst into the canopy...

True it is slow and fragile, but I don't care. It is a joy to fly.

VW-IceFire
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
My only victories in this aircraft are a series of Hurricane Mark IIB's that I hammered with the guns till something broke and they went down. Its a nice aircraft to fly...but it doesn't go anywhere fast and you better hope that the enemy stays to fight. Fortunately the Hurricane isn't much faster so you can get the jump on them.

Tater-SW-
01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I love the oscar, it's a joy to fly. On the ZvW server I've limped home inches off the trees many times with cons on my 6 unable to land a blow. Surprisingly durable little bird for a japanese plane (I consider it durable if I get hit at all and live, lol.)

I really like the telescopic sight, too since I try to snipe the target pilot in the head.

tater

mortoma
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
It's an ok plane, but slow and under armed. You can get kills against Airacobras and P-40s and a few others but it's tough to kill navy fighters, even with the better armed, later version. This is why I don't fly it much. I works well in New Guinea offline campaign because you against the two Army fighters I mentioned. Online I would not fly it at all, not now, not ever. It is a pleasure
to kill online though.

LEXX_Luthor
01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Stiglr:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What is it about women and Hayabusas...??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ki-43 body is very thin when viewed from above, looking down in admiration. The gun camera shots of Ki-43s, all labeled "...about to be shot down" do make me sad...briefly.

I guess there just isn't any guncam recordings of Ki-43s actually getting shot down, in one shot, a K-43, in the very next shot, a fireball. Who was...yes Harold Edgerton...

The guy who invented the cameras needed to record the first nanoseconds of nucular fireball explosions. This was not used in WW2 guncam tech, so we have no images of Ki-43s getting ripped apart by 0.50s.

Harold Edgerton ~&gt; http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Bomb.html

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
well, I'll fly the Oscar online, and LIKE it, too. Provided you don't have just late-war planes to fly it against, you have quite a bit of a chance in it. If you fly it right, you should be untouchable. YOU may not get a kill...but there's no way anybody should be able to keep guns on you. At least in a 1-on-1. Confused scrap, well, all bets are off, as Situational Awareness quickly goes out the window.

JG53Frankyboy
01-30-2006, 09:19 PM
here you can read an interesting article about the Oscar-I armament
http://www.warbirdforum.com/rdunn43.htm

this "mixed" armamant of the Ib worked very well in the VOW2 Malaya campaigns agaisnt HurricaneMk.IIb & Buffalo Mk.I .

the main drawback of the inGame Oscar-I is the rearview, a very important point in such a vulnerable plane !
it suffers:
1.from the game used system with Telescopic sights
2.from the VERY big moddeled headprotection. the ingame pilot must be a bonsai one - locking behind and seeing the Fujiama !
its way to high and wide - if you compare it to pictures of that plane.
but the Oscar is not the only plane that suffers from the game in the case of the rearview. its just here very anoying.

J_Anonymous
01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
The fact is, even WW2 aircraft fans in Japan don't talk so much about Ki-43 Hayabusa. Too much focus on A6M Zero, I guess. I grew up building plastic models of Zero, Shidenkai etc., but never Hayabusa somehow. Both Hayabusa and A6M2 Zero had amazing success against P-40 etc. during the initial 1 year of WW2 --- it is rather striking if one recalls the fact that westerners considered Japan a second class developing country which could not even build a decent car ---, but Hayabusa lacks glorious stories that strike public's image (Pearl, Midway). In on-line particularly, people don't see the historical context: Hayabusa (as well as Zero) was a high-tech airplane of the time, and should be compared with its contemporary, early Hurricanes, P-39, P-40, etc. instead of Spit IX, F6F and La7. In UKD1 server, however, you can find amazingly skilled pilots who easily bag 3 or 4 Hurricanes and Buffaloes in one sorty with 7.7 and 12.7 mm (unfortunately that's not me....).

Stigler_9_JG52
01-30-2006, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
here you can read an interesting article about the Oscar-I armament
http://www.warbirdforum.com/rdunn43.htm

this "mixed" armamant of the Ib worked very well in the VOW2 Malaya campaigns agaisnt HurricaneMk.IIb & Buffalo Mk.I .

the main drawback of the inGame Oscar-I is the rearview, a very important point in such a vulnerable plane !
it suffers:
1.from the game used system with Telescopic sights
2.from the VERY big moddeled headprotection. the ingame pilot must be a bonsai one - locking behind and seeing the Fujiama !
its way to high and wide - if you compare it to pictures of that plane.
but the Oscar is not the only plane that suffers from the game in the case of the rearview. its just here very anoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, I like the IL-2 implementation of the telescopic sight. There is a reason they went to more advanced sights.

The rear view, yeah, that one smells like a real boo-boo. Japanese planes were known for good visibility in almost every case, and Hayabusa was no exception. This one's kind of like the G-50; you sit way too low, and that produces the horrid rear view.

I find the Hayabusa is definitely at home against early model P-40s, Hurricanes, Buffaloes and that ilk. It's saying something to get more than one or two kills, but if you make a habit of getting in tight before firing (something I've done for years)...it can be effective against all but the most heavily armored targets.

Tater-SW-
01-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Actually, I flew online a few times on uberplane maps that for soime reason also had the Ki-43. Amazing how many late mark spit drivers and even hog pilots will try and turn with an oscar. Heheheheh.

tater

vocatx
01-31-2006, 12:46 AM
If you fly on the Zeke's and Wildcats server, if there is a Ki-43 on the map, that is probably what I'll be in. I really like the ability to out-turn practically anything but a bipe. I've taken out Spits, Hurris, Wildcats, Buffalos, I-16s, I-153s,P-39s, P-40s and Gladiators with it.

My favorite mission on that server for the Ki-43 is Kokoda Trail. I like to get at least two, if not more, Allied planes to follow me down into one of the valleys. If you can get them to drop in, you have them cornered.

I've got a track (Thanks 403_Mac) of me fighting two of the best P-40 sticks that are regulars over there (BM357 Faust and Toxin). I chased them down as they RTBed and we got in a fight that lasted at least ten minutes. I put one down, had the other smoking when the first returned. Got pieces of him before two of us got too close together and I lost a wing.

The Ki-43 is my absolute favorite ride.

NAFP_supah
01-31-2006, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:

What an amazing aircraft though obsolete within months of its release...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell that to a lot of spitfire Mk. Anything pilots I've flown against. The two .50 cals are more then enough armament to take out merlins, the spitfire is too slow to get away fast and it cant turn with you as the thing turns like a pitts special on crack and the telescopic sight is like the scope on a sniper rifle once you get the hang of it. It has been my favorite plane in PF now ever since PF was released! I am SO waiting for the Ki-43-II to become flyable and hoping we might get the 2 x 20mm prototype too though that pbb will never happen. There were only a couple of the cannon version made but that is also true for the Bf-109Z, Gotha, Volksjager and the Tank Cannon Schwalbe.

Feathered_IV
01-31-2006, 01:24 AM
I love the thing too and will take it up any time it is available online. You only need to tickle your opponent a little bit with those wee guns and then stay glued to their tail. After a short time they will get so rattled, they will obligingly stall into the trees for you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

major_setback
01-31-2006, 01:57 AM
Turn times:

Ki43c<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>12.8 sec.

Ki61-I Ko<span class="ev_code_GREY">.</span>18.6 sec.
A6M2a<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>15.1 sec.
I-16<span class="ev_code_GREY">......</span>17.6 sec.
I-153<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>14 sec.
Yak3<span class="ev_code_GREY">......</span>19.1 sec.
SeafireLmkIII 18.2 sec.

From Hardball's aircraft viewer.

TheGozr
01-31-2006, 03:04 AM
Eternal fight Kawasaki vs Hayabusa.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif same today

Draughluin1
01-31-2006, 03:44 AM
I'd like to see flyable Ki-43II & III's as I do love flying the earlier models. They were also the main workhorse of the IJAF and by numbers alone, should be made flyable. Just a little more faster and has a reflector gunsight. For me, I can't get used to the telescopic sight. Sure its great for stalking and tracking shots but staying still in an Oscar is good way to end up as roasted steak. Unfortunately, I tend to stay too long in the telescopic view and loose situational awareness. Much prefer to put the Ki-43 all over the place and go for snap shots. Much safer. Thats why I don't like that thick black edge of the telescopic sight when zoomed out, as it's a bit distracting. Got to agree with LEBillfish on the Ib being the most common one. I gather she was reading this article as well.
http://warbirdforum.com/rdunn43.htm
Hopefully we'll see flyable Ki-43II & III's sometime soon.

EJGrOst_Caspar
01-31-2006, 03:48 AM
Here! Another fan! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Although its not my favorite, but its the one I love most on japanese side (also due to the lack of Ki-44 which would be more my flying style).

http://www.granddadshobbyshop.com/OSCAR.jpg

I would prefer Ki-43 model II - hope to see the cockpit in soon.

And here ist the best site for watchign japanese planes pics ... including Ki-43 ofcourse. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
http://www.ijaafpics.com/jbwki436.htm

Fritzofn
01-31-2006, 05:47 AM
big Hayabusa fan :-)

hardly se eit on online servers though

my KD ratio's in the Hayabusa is the best i got in any plane

Corsair: 55-15
Spit's: 34-9
LA's: 38-5
Zero's: 19-3
yak: 10-6 (ufo pilots hardly ever go in to a turn fight with a Hayabusa....)

LEBillfish
01-31-2006, 06:58 AM
Well, I think to not love the Hayabusa when in the sim and up against "baited into turning" opponents is simply stating that one possibly lacks patience when firing and possibly even "old concept" dog fighting skills.....My question posed more along the lines of...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Kaytoo/78th/Untitled-1.jpg

From "Aero Detail #29...Nakajima, Ki-43 Oscar/Hayabusa"...."Though proved insufficient" the Ki-43's fuel tanks were initially covered in triple layers of rubber and silk felt for leak absorption & to limit hydroshock blowout...Even the mounting bands were painted in "Aotake" paint".......

Simply showing the level of attention to detail Nakajima was devoted to quality.

To read of Nakajima & the Ki-43, is almost like reading of a moderen company devoted to "continuous improvement" for no reason other then to make the best.

Another point would be in contrast the Ki-43 was notorious for "breaking in two/disintegrating" when shot just right. This due to the oxygen tanks actually exploding....So in kind many Ki-43 pilots removed them and simply limited their altitude.

goshikisen
01-31-2006, 10:08 AM
How many aircraft had their own offical song?

A number of years back a Hayabusa KI-43i was restored to flying condition in New Zealand. A group of veteran IJAAF pilots made a trip down to NZ to see the plane and while gathered around the the aircraft they sang the song.

With revolving sound of the engine
Hayabusa goes beyond the clouds.
Rising Sun is shining on the wing,
Red Eagle stays on the side,
That is the sign of our fighter.

P***ed through many fights,
In the rain of bullets,
Only believing in our victory,
Sharing destiny with my plane,
We fly them by our spirits.

Being in years of battle,
We are honoured so many times,
All achieved with tears,
Oh, they have all gone with a smile,
And now live in our hearts.

It seems the Japanese held the Hayabusa in high esteem.

btw. strange and funny at the same time... the forum software doesn't like the word P*A*S*S*E*D... for those of you who thought I was typing something else.

J_Anonymous
01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Yes, you can hear the Karaoke of "136th Kato Hayabusa Sentoutai (squadron)", in the following web.

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~heboi/html/136katou.htm (http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/%7Eheboi/html/136katou.htm)

Kato is the c.o. of the squad, and his name is very famous in Japan, in part because of the success of his squad, but also because of this song and wartime propaganda movies. Some Japanese men of age 70 or older tend to sing this song when they are COMPLETELY drunk. Apparently, this song somehow reminds them of bitter sweet wartime teen age years.

I used to experience tremedous difficulties in flying Hayabusa as a noob (I still am, 6 months experience), because I was trying turn and dive for evasion. Once I noticed the natural tendency (in programming at least) of climbing of this plane, downing the Hurricane turned out to be not so hard --- just make sharp climbing turn, then a lot of Hurri's try to follow and stall.... Although fun, the problem of this tactic is that I won't get any on-line points for the opponent's self-destruction.

I do also hope to see Ki-43 II soon.

J_Anonymous
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
Well, I think to not love the Hayabusa when in the sim and up against "baited into turning" opponents is simply stating that one possibly lacks patience when firing and possibly even "old concept" dog fighting skills.....My question posed more along the lines of...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Kaytoo/78th/Untitled-1.jpg

From "Aero Detail #29...Nakajima, Ki-43 Oscar/Hayabusa"...."Though proved insufficient" the Ki-43's fuel tanks were initially covered in triple layers of rubber and silk felt for leak absorption & to limit hydroshock blowout...Even the mounting bands were painted in "Aotake" paint".......

Simply showing the level of attention to detail Nakajima was devoted to quality.

To read of Nakajima & the Ki-43, is almost like reading of a moderen company devoted to "continuous improvement" for no reason other then to make the best.

Another point would be in contrast the Ki-43 was notorious for "breaking in two/disintegrating" when shot just right. This due to the oxygen tanks actually exploding....So in kind many Ki-43 pilots removed them and simply limited their altitude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Production of airplanes in Japan was banned by the U.S. occupation authorities after 1945 for some period of time, and Nakajima Aircraft Co. became what is now called Fuji Heavy Industries. In the U.S., it is known by its brand name of "Subaru," which markets 4WD cars with unique design of transmission etc. Subaru is very popular in the U.S. North East and Canada (it handles icy road conditions well). My impression is that the engineers of Fuji still take pride in their predecessors' engineering accomplishments some 60 years ago. I once received a calender of Fuji Heavy Industries as a gift, and it was all about Ki-43, Ki-84 etc.

BTW, your knowledge of Japanese planes is quite astonishing to me. How do you gather so much informaiton? (I am presuming that you don't read Japanese...)

Edit : I tried to type a word that begins with a, followed by 2 s, instead of "presuming". It does not work ?!

LEBillfish
01-31-2006, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_Anonymous:
BTW, your knowledge of Japanese planes is quite astonishing to me. How do you gather so much informaiton? (I am presuming that you don't read Japanese...)?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure I read Japanese.....
I take the first symbol....
Look through the thousands of symbols as stroke count never worked for me....
Unfortunately it often not in a digital format to try and use a translator that translates from Japanese into weetawd (my opinion of most)...I then taking the character as written in romanji EXACTLY (big problem as most people shorten them why its so hard to translate romanji even)....
Put the romanji spellings together and then.....
Try various combinations till I can generate a realistic and applicable word.......
Then put all the words together and try and gather the meaning intended in english....

Yep, a full page would take me a month http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Anywho, I do that....and find EVERY document I can on the subject, then every related subject that builds it up....
That is how I confirm things yet always state "I'm learning so it is my understanding do not take this as gospel"......Meaning, for the reader to cross check me.

Over time the myths get dispelled, the facts come to light, and the gray area's tend to swing more to one side or the other....

The facts I keep......
The myths I disprove....
and the gray area's I keep looking......

just a student not the master http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Shrike_UK
01-31-2006, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goshikisen:

"P***ed through many fights,"
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like me and the yellow tail shiraz fine wines flying club. hic.

Treetop64
01-31-2006, 05:14 PM

Sure I read Japanese..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I studied a bit of Nihon Go myself some years ago. Could read and write both the Katakana and Hiragana tables, as well as a fair amount of Kanji.

The thing that amazed me about the modern Japanese language is just how much English they've adopted. I mean, most of the stuff you see written in Katakana are essentially "Japanized" english words!

xTHRUDx
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
here is the one in my neck of the woods

http://www.flyingheritage.com/Images/photoHayabusa1.jpg

more info on it here:
http://www.flyingheritage.com/TemplateTopImages.aspx?contentId=19

ImpStarDuece
01-31-2006, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Treetop64:

Sure I read Japanese..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I studied a bit of Nihon Go myself some years ago. Could read and write both the Katakana and Hiragana tables, as well as a fair amount of Kanji.

The thing that amazed me about the modern Japanese language is just how much English they've adopted. I mean, most of the stuff you see written in Katakana are essentially "Japanized" english words! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Makes living there easier though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I did 14 months in southern Kyushu (Miyazaki and Kumamoto, which you can both see on the Kyushu PF map). I picked up hiragana and katakana fairly easy, but could only learn about 250 kanji. Muzukashii des ne!

J_Anonymous
01-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, impressive collection of people who know Hayabusa AND understand (some) Japanese language.... Old military docements were written in an old fashioned manner using Chinese characters (kan-ji) of older style. It's not easy to decipher them even for native speakers today. I suspect that using Roma-ji to express trivial things in English (like, "engine", "12.7 milimeter machingun") was taboo during the war years, and that might explain why they used so many Kan-ji in those drawings and so on. 250 Kan-ji in 14 months is pretty good I would say, I think Japanese children learn 2000 during 12 years of elementary and secondary education.

F19_Orheim
02-01-2006, 06:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by major_setback:
Turn times:

Ki43c<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>12.8 sec.

Ki61-I Ko<span class="ev_code_GREY">.</span>18.6 sec.
A6M2a<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>15.1 sec.
I-16<span class="ev_code_GREY">......</span>17.6 sec.
I-153<span class="ev_code_GREY">.....</span>14 sec.
Yak3<span class="ev_code_GREY">......</span>19.1 sec.
SeafireLmkIII 18.2 sec.

From Hardball's aircraft viewer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

J8a 12 secs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

SeaFireLIV
02-01-2006, 06:59 AM
"Why is no one talking about the Hayabusa?............ "

Guess cos I know just about nothing regarding japanese planes in the Pacific.... but i`m slowly learning. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

GreyFox5
02-01-2006, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">here is the one in my neck of the woods </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah you must be in the Seattle Area! I've wanted to head up there and see Paul Allen's little airforce. All planes have documented War Time on them! Its an amazing collection. Now I have another reason for visiting...

~S~
Fox