PDA

View Full Version : Hiding spot problems.

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 05:19 AM
All of the hiding spots, mounts of hay, bushes etc, I have a problem with staying in all of them...

Not always, but, A LOT of the time, I'll jump into a hiding spot and my character will instantly jump back out. Sometimes I'll jump in fine, then 10-20 seconds later my character jumps back out! This is very annoying and has cost me so many deaths. Once I jump in, I don't press or move anything, I just let myself jump in.

Is this an actual glitch/problem or am I doing something that's making me jump back out?

xTheCombinex
11-29-2010, 05:26 AM
Just to check: You are 100% sure that no other player stole your hiding-spot, while you were in there, by jumping in?

Because, I never had problems with that.

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by xTheCombinex:
Just to check: You are 100% sure that no other player stole your hiding-spot, while you were in there, by jumping in?

Because, I never had problems with that.

No, I know that people can make you jump out, but that's not what's happening to me. I'll jump in and most of the time my character will jump straight back out.

Suiaq
11-29-2010, 05:56 AM
are you sure you don't pressing any directions with the left analog stick?

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Suiaq:
are you sure you don't pressing any directions with the left analog stick?

No, once I jump in, I don't press or move anything. I got so annoyed that I just take my hands off the controller once I jump in lol.

SirPhist
11-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Blynk93:
I got so annoyed that I just take my hands off the controller once I jump in lol.

haha, that's the worst idea!

no, once in a while i'll happen to me. :/

ZuluBull
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Yep Happens to me aswell, stay too long in a Haystack or Bush you get booted out of it, very anoying. Usualy deploy my Morph around a crowd near the hiding spot and jump in a bush or haybail and wait and watch. And then you jump out and its the biggest give away and your presuer knows it's you, I just think to my self "I am such a NOOB!" lol

rocketxsurgeon
11-29-2010, 08:38 AM
This is a wild stab in the dark. But what direction is your controller tilted when it happens?

Could be a six-axis thing.

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ZuluBull:
Yep Happens to me aswell, stay too long in a Haystack or Bush you get booted out of it, very anoying. Usualy deploy my Morph around a crowd near the hiding spot and jump in a bush or haybail and wait and watch. And then you jump out and its the biggest give away and your presuer knows it's you, I just think to my self "I am such a NOOB!" lol

Yeah this is what I do. But it's pretty useless when my hunter continually sees me jumping in and out lol...

Blynk93
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
This is a wild stab in the dark. But what direction is your controller tilted when it happens?

Could be a six-axis thing.

Not sure about this lol, but I was thinking it might just be my left analog stick that might be sticking to one side. I've had it for a while, so I might try using my newer controller, see if that makes a difference.

QuantumSheep1
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes this can happen to me, sometimes while the chase is not over and my guy jumps out and my pursuer kills me. It can be very annoying. But its not that big of an issue.

obliviondoll
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I've got 3 controllers. On one of those (my first - pre Dualshock), the left stick will get stuck slightly forward-tilted if I don't pull it backward before letting go. The right stick locks when turning left.

I can get the left stick to stay in place tilted all the way forward - it looks very wrong.

So yeah, try a different controller.

ElHadji
12-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I have exactly the same problem 95% of the time I try to use a hiding spot. As soon as I jump into them, my character bounces straight out again.

I have tried changing controllers, not touching buttons/sticks, but result is the same. I have no problems with hiding within crowds and sitting on benches though. Just with hay stacks and bushes...

obliviondoll
12-02-2010, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by ElHadji:
I have exactly the same problem 95% of the time I try to use a hiding spot. As soon as I jump into them, my character bounces straight out again.

I have tried changing controllers, not touching buttons/sticks, but result is the same. I have no problems with hiding within crowds and sitting on benches though. Just with hay stacks and bushes...
Weird. Possibly worth adding to the "feedback" thread in GD?

ElHadji
12-02-2010, 08:57 AM
Weird... Today, hiding worked like a charm!