PDA

View Full Version : how to block messages?

AntiChrist7
04-29-2011, 12:27 PM
i had amatch with this complete whiner, who has sent me 3 messages complaining that i have slow internet. WHih is offcours ot the case, i have played 100's of matches, never any complain or problem. this ****** who has nothing better to do is getting on my nerves. i have blocked him so i don't have to play him, but his messages keep coming, so how do i block those?

JTS_812
04-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Im not sure, but just start sending him a bunch of spam and . Im sure he'll stop, lol.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

NORTHBOERN1
04-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
i had amatch with this complete whiner, who has sent me 3 messages complaining that i have slow internet. WHih is offcours ot the case, i have played 100's of matches, never any complain or problem. this ****** who has nothing better to do is getting on my nerves. i have blocked him so i don't have to play him, but his messages keep coming, so how do i block those?

Are you on PSN? Because if you are I have a feeling I know who the guy is.

Daidarapochi
04-29-2011, 01:00 PM
This thread is now about received hate mail.

I got a lovely message calling me a cheating from a 13-14 year old (name had 1997 in it, so that's a fairly accurate guess in my opinion). I called him naughty and then he kept messaging about how "mexicains" will die. Everyone dies eventually, and I'm not Hispanic, at all. Silly child.

I would rather keep these people unblocked just to laugh at how sad they are. It really is funny what they write to you sometimes.

AntiChrist7
04-29-2011, 01:52 PM
no, i'm on pc

EnterinPwnZone
05-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Like they said, send him messages too and make him cry.

AntiChrist7
05-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Daidarapochi:
This thread is now about received hate mail.

I got a lovely message calling me a cheating from a 13-14 year old (name had 1997 in it, so that's a fairly accurate guess in my opinion). I called him naughty and then he kept messaging about how "mexicains" will die. Everyone dies eventually, and I'm not Hispanic, at all. Silly child.

I would rather keep these people unblocked just to laugh at how sad they are. It really is funny what they write to you sometimes.

well yeah it doesn't matter if you block them, cause they can still send messages, you just wont end in a session with them

obliviondoll
05-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Luckily, on PSN, when you block someone, it blocks their messages, but still has a chance that you'll play with/against them - although it reduces the likelihood of them being in the same game as you.

On PC, what service are the messages being sent through? - if they're persistent, you should at least be able to report them for harassment, if not outright abuse.

HexyWoo
05-02-2011, 04:40 AM
If this is the same thread that had a name in it last time I looked, I got messages from him too. He was the one who sent me messages to say I sucked at Alliance when he got the lowest score of the 6 of us...

The messaging on the PC version is a bit rubbish to be honest, so I don't think you can stop him from sending you messages. He didn't work out I was a girl and eventually stopped when I sent him love & kisses back all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AntiChrist7
05-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Luckily, on PSN, when you block someone, it blocks their messages, but still has a chance that you'll play with/against them - although it reduces the likelihood of them being in the same game as you.

On PC, what service are the messages being sent through? - if they're persistent, you should at least be able to report them for harassment, if not outright abuse.

Don't know, but i gave him some abuse back, so reporting him won't be a good idea :P

Vey03
05-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by HexyWoo:
The messaging on the PC version is a bit rubbish,

Not much on the PC version works.

What's the point of blocking someone if they can still get through to you? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I've had friend requests from people i don't know, and who i've never played a session with. One sent me about 3 friend invites, 2 messages (in another language) and 2 game invites yesterday. Rejected them all, and he/she left me alone.
But where did they find me when i've never even played with them?

Ripe Claw
05-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HexyWoo:
The messaging on the PC version is a bit rubbish,

Not much on the PC version works.

What's the point of blocking someone if they can still get through to you? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I've had friend requests from people i don't know, and who i've never played a session with. One sent me about 3 friend invites, 2 messages (in another language) and 2 game invites yesterday. Rejected them all, and he/she left me alone.
But where did they find me when i've never even played with them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leaderboard?

Vey03
05-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Lol, i doubt it. They'd have to look fairly low to find me. If i'm even on one.