PDA

View Full Version : ACIII I vote Feudal Japan!

LaMOi
12-03-2010, 12:06 PM
No one has ever done a decent realisitc Ninja game... Apart from Tenchu, but that was rubbish (even tho I admit im a fan)

I would love to see Assassins Creed : Feudal Japan.

Ninjas!!! Realistic ones not the Ninja Gaiden crap with fireballs and all that rubbish..

Sturnz0r
12-03-2010, 12:11 PM
I would love
Templars in league with Samurais, interesting. or just a different clan of ninjas

Pattington_Bear
12-03-2010, 12:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

All signs point to French Revolution.

I don't think Japan would be a good idea to lead the series, at all.

ViNyLek
12-03-2010, 12:20 PM
I wonder why ppl are still thinkin this will be anywhere else, but real time... This was set to be a trilogy and as far as I can say we have had 2 already... (with 2 parts of AC nonetheless).

Would be cool as a spinoff to have it in Japan much more so than in France, but possibilities are endless^^

LaMOi
12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
French revolution? ehhhh , boring.......

X10J
12-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by LaMOi:
No one has ever done a decent realisitc Ninja game... Apart from Tenchu, but that was rubbish (even tho I admit im a fan)

I would love to see Assassins Creed : Feudal Japan.

Ninjas!!! Realistic ones not the Ninja Gaiden crap with fireballs and all that rubbish..

I think that having a piece of AC in feudal Japan has good potential. The next game though, I've got to go with no; doesn't feel right to me. A spin-off game, graphic novel, ect. sounds good though.

DGLee12
12-03-2010, 12:57 PM
French Revolution. All the signs point to it? Please. It wasn't a world-defining event. that's lame.

It'll be the American Revolution.
Phyrgian Cap and All-Seeing Eye, symbols of American Federal Government since the 1700s.

ZCherub
12-03-2010, 01:03 PM
I think I agree. There are a ton of people that don't, but I can kind of see it. It fits in w/ the timeline (being some 300+ years after ACII/B). If they don't make the ancestor of Desmond a ninja or a samurai, I believe that would be better, though. They should be a clandestine group that works under the society of the day, not a well-known piece of it. They would have to explain the migration to Japan in just 300 years, though. People didn't do a lot of moving from Europe to Asia as families in those days (unless they position it that an ancestor of Desmond specifically went to Japan already as an assassin to stop Templars or find the Piece of Eden. I can see France bein really well done, too, though. I'm sure Ubi will do a great job w/ it either way...

LaMOi
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
I love assassins creed as it offer me everything Id want from a stealth game kinda.. Altho this installment is p*ssin me off as Im finding stealth nigh on impossible.. But I would love to see AC go to Feudal Japan - too be honest I never really liked the whole 'Renaisance' italy....... Find it boring..

Xanatos2007
12-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I'd love to see a realistic ninja game, but I've already got dibs on that idea and judging from the way Ubisoft has handled the AC & SC series I wouldn't trust them to deliver an appropriately tense, immersive or challenging stealth experience.

too be honest I never really liked the whole 'Renaisance' italy....... Find it boring..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/luciferownsme/83af06ab.jpg

X10J
12-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Personaly, I always thought that AC three would be set in France. Though that's mainly because I think that Ubi's saving France for last.

Sparty2020
12-03-2010, 01:52 PM
French revolution? ehhhh , boring....... Either you are a master at sarcasm or you are genuinely ignorant. In either case, I wish you the best of luck at life. Well, at least it's better to say something ignorant instead of something genuinely stupid like
Originally posted by Jaiszon:
French Revolution. All the signs point to it? Please. It wasn't a world-defining event. that's lame.

figly2010
12-03-2010, 01:58 PM
i think Ac3 will be during the spanish inquisition. it was when the Catholic Monarchs tried to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms. it was all about control and censorship, which sounds right up the templars alley. the ac games deal heavily with religion and the church. plus they try to do timelines that arent seen in games.i think feudal japan would be tight but i dont see it happening

Pattington_Bear
12-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LaMOi:
French revolution? ehhhh , boring....... Either you are a master at sarcasm or you are genuinely ignorant. In either case, I wish you the best of luck at life. Well, at least it's better to say something ignorant instead of something genuinely stupid like
French Revolution. All the signs point to it? Please. It wasn't a world-defining event. that's lame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/twinskies/common-sense.jpg
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AssassinVenice
I think Desmond should be able to revisit the memories of his ancestors without the Animus cuz i really miss him in the whole game.
We spend all the time inside the Animus and Desmonds story is very interesting.

EquineBat90443
Didn't Ubisoft already announce that the next AC game was going to have Ezio travelling to Masyaf?

Or is that another "side" game, like Brotherhood?

Pattington_Bear
12-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by EquineBat90443:
Didn't Ubisoft already announce that the next AC game was going to have Ezio travelling to Masyaf?

Or is that another "side" game, like Brotherhood?

"Lost Legacy" for the DS

X10J
12-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by AssassinFirenze:
I think Desmond should be able to revisit the memories of his ancestors without the Animus cuz i really miss him in the whole game.
We spend all the time inside the Animus and Desmonds story is very interesting.

Maybe his being part First Civilization will allow him to control the bleeding effect.

Cpl.Sully
12-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Pattington_Bear:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

During the Napoleonic Era of the Revolution (essentially the fourth and final stage) would be outstanding. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

That would address those that claim the Revolution was not world changing.

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
I want Japan/China in hopes of Ubisoft using that Fanart that person made for that Carte Blanc competition, if you have seen it you will know what I mean!

http://www.admemento.com/images/AC-CarteBlanche.jpg
Found it! Props go to the creator "admemento"

X10J
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:21 PM
I know...

X10J
12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
how modest.

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Modest?

X10J
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I hope you're not serious.

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I just don't know what it means that's all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

X10J
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM
facetiousness is fun. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FoxEsquire
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I vote for China or Japan. Around mid-Ming dynasty (mid-1500's). It would be awesome to do leap of faiths off of pagodas. They had a lot of Chinese written on subject 16's walls.

Assassin_Mitch
12-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Ugh why does everyone want Japan, Desmond's not even Asian. If anything it should be modern day thats where all the signs are pointing to

BK-110
12-05-2010, 04:55 PM
French revolution? ehhhh , boring.......

too be honest I never really liked the whole 'Renaisance' italy....... Find it boring..

Wow... Calling some of the most culturally and historically rich periods, with some of the most society-changing developments, boring...

While I do agree that an Assassin's Creed spin-off in feudal Japan would be great, I just don't think that it would be matching for a main-series game. Japan was rather closed-off in regards to the outside world until after WWII, and most historical developments happening in feudal Japan likely had no effects on most other places.

ChaosxNetwork
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_Mitch:
Ugh why does everyone want Japan, Desmond's not even Asian. If anything it should be modern day thats where all the signs are pointing to
Oh but he is Italian like Ezio and Arabic like Altair?
People want it due to the interesting events, location and potential story lines.
People want French revolution due to similar reasons and the fact that there are a lot of leads that point towards it.

DavisP92
12-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by ViNyLek:
I wonder why ppl are still thinkin this will be anywhere else, but real time... This was set to be a trilogy and as far as I can say we have had 2 already... (with 2 parts of AC nonetheless).

Would be cool as a spinoff to have it in Japan much more so than in France, but possibilities are endless^^

mainly cuz Ubisoft has already said (many times in fact) that there will be a new ancestor and assassin's creed is about a person who is fighting against the templars and using the animus.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 06:43 AM

It'll be the American Revolution.
Phyrgian Cap and All-Seeing Eye, symbols of American Federal Government since the 1700s.

Excuse me?? Obviously that's something only an American could write.
I won't go into the reasons why you may find the French Revolution boring but please, be assured that NO ONE else in the world is interested in the American Revolution or their annoying and much-too-discussed Civil Wars.

As far as I know, Ubi is more interested in scenarios that aren't common in videogames, so Feudal Japan, Imperial China, Pre-American Civilizations, Ancient Egipt, French Revolution, Victorian England, Russian Revolution are all much more likely for a GOOD story.

I'm hoping it'll be the French Revolution: lots of contrast scenarios in society + huge philosophical context + one the bloodiest revolutions ever + countless monuments and architectural richness and last but not least, quite a few leads already shown in AC:Brotherhood.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Additionaly, Assassin's Creed's success in Europe means they won't have to bow down to US demographics, fortunately.

obliviondoll
12-06-2010, 07:07 AM
No one has ever done a decent realisitc Ninja game... Apart from Shinobido
Fixed that for you.

Tenchu had its moments, and the best of them were reproduced by a collaboration between the Tenchu developers and the people who did Way of the Samurai.

Look it up. It's better.

LadyGahan2010
12-06-2010, 07:33 AM
Hm... This is the first time I read that French Revolution was not important and that American Revolution was a total turning point for the whole humanity... What? Someone here does not have broad horizons and whose teachers must have skipped all the important stuff in history classes to detail the America's point of view of the world (which is wrong, I know, studied both in Europe and US)
Also, so no-one made ninja game yet? IS that a reason to spoil a great game such as AC? Uhm... no.

Keksus
12-06-2010, 08:06 AM

No, all signs point nowhere. Nobody exept Ubisoft can tell where the next game will take place. And everybody acts like he's the biggest fan of the french revolution since somebody who calls himself an analyst said it's most likely that ubisoft is going to use this setting for AC2.

ANYTHING is possible for AC3.

GunnarGunderson
12-06-2010, 08:30 AM
there's no way feudal Japan would ever be in an AC game for one simple reason, Straw huts are hardly a suitable replacement for huge cities and jaw droppingly high towers

Razrback16
12-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I think it would be neat to be a samurai and wield a couple of ninja blades, but the thing I think would be tough is connecting the ancestry to Asia in order for it to make sense for Desmond's lineage.

heypeter17
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
How about a Western? I know Red Dead just came out, but I didnt really like the game.

AltairAuditorex
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
It would ruin the series if the game would take place in fedual Japan, the games would loose their origin. I vote for France reveloution because it would "match" with the former games.

PS: Assassins are not ninjas, so if you want a ninja game, contact ubisoft with the suggestion.

MilsurpShooter
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Hmm devolved into a world vs. US argument. Might as well get it out of the way

*Invokes Godwin's Law*

For all intents and purposes I kept viewing the next installment as a world encompassing event in the modern or quasi future perspective. Vine climbing in the jungles of South America, subterranean crypts of Venice, leaps from the Eiffel Tower, climbing for a viewpoint atop the Kremlin...

Or, if not that, then I'd hope for it set during the Tokugawa Shogunate at the end of Sakoku.

ben_awesome
12-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Feudal japan would certainly have some cool additions. Probably some killer new counter attacks and weapons and such. Howver I would say that we can assume UBI will do one of two things, either they will continue with the modernizing trend thing. (ACII being more historically recent than AC). In which case France makes total sense. OR they will go back farther in time. Perhaps one of the famous assassins from inside the shrine at Mario's villa?

Anyways those are my ideas

Keksus
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
It would ruin the series if the game would take place in fedual Japan, the games would loose their origin.

Why would it ruin the series? Really ... AC2 and Brotherhood take place in Italy ... I don't see why Japan would be worse.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I would not be opposed to AC III being in Japan. But to be honest I figure it will either be in France or Spain, If I was laying odds those would have the highest odds.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by figly2010:
i think Ac3 will be during the spanish inquisition. it was when the Catholic Monarchs tried to maintain Catholic orthodoxy in their kingdoms. it was all about control and censorship, which sounds right up the templars alley. the ac games deal heavily with religion and the church.

This would be my vote. and it would retain the same feel as the previous games. continuity is important.

tlov7
12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Soviet Russia fa sho ***s. Mayb the guy that kills Rasputin, thatd b tiight.

-T L ROCKS ftw!!!!!!!!

Pattington_Bear
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
I think some of you have been watching to much of the last samurai.
http://images.art.com/images/products/regular/10114000/10114747.jpg
There is no evidence of Japan as a setting, the Napoleonic era has the smallest of evidence so right now it is more likely.

Nocto716
12-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Sometime around the seven years' war. It would move the action to another continent (Asia -> Europe -> America) and give massive potential for construction/renovation, amongst other things.

But that's just a wish, I'm tired of Europe and don't want to set foot anywhere near Japan.

Mutley_Rulz
12-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Eurgh if it's set in america's civil wars I won't bother buying it.
Nobody outside of that nation's headache-inducing population could give a damn about it, but the French Revolutions could be done much better in terms of setting and story, and still retain the Assassin's Creed theme of going to interesting countries.

Mind, I'm still hoping for it to be set in post-apartheid Africa, could be done well although I suppose it'd end up coming into a bunch of controversial debates.

Avl521
12-06-2010, 05:36 PM
The French Revolution was not an important part of history? OMFG! what has happened to the world!

Now being serious there are several hints that indicate the French Revolution as the place for our next ancester.
Desmond was placed back in the Animus so it's possible that in the next game even if not most, we'll need another ancester.

The Phrygian Cap stands for freedom now the principles of french revolution were: "Liberty, Equality, Fraternity" Liberty similar in meaning to freedom, not to mention both the phrygian cap and masonic eye are present in the French Revolution, but the Phrygian cap was actively used and worn by the revolutionaires.

Now also when Ezio tlks to Minerva in El Vaticano she mentions 3 "Gods", 3 of Those Who Came Before. The Capitoline Triad: Minerva, Jupiter and Juno.
Now if we analyze the locations, the encounters with Minerva and Juno have both been in churches or holy places.
Santa Maria Aracoeli was built on top of Juno's Temple.
Now how does this tie to France? look at a little information:

The Notre Dame de Paris stands on the site of Paris' first Christian church, Saint Etienne basilica, which was itself built on the site of a Roman temple to Jupiter.
Notre Dame is one of the most important and most famous churches.
Another interesting fact:

In 1793, the cathedral fell victim to the French Revolution. Many sculptures and treasures were destroyed or plundered; the cathedral was rededicated to the Cult of Reason and later to the Cult of the Supreme Being. Lady Liberty replaced the Virgin Mary on several altars. The cathedral also came to be used as a warehouse for the storage of food.
Now I know that's not a very interesting or significant fact, but it could very well be "The Father Of Understanding".

Another point: during french revolution the monarchy was overthrown in just 3 years. Basically the start of republics and liberal democracies after Napoleon took over.

Napoleon takes over and starts to conquer everything in Europe... now if we remember AC2's glyphs, in one of the Napoleon had a Piece Of Eden.

Also the first rift/cluster in ACB the templars point out that:

"They become increasingly aware of our existence. We can no longer rely on the divine right of the aristocracy to maintain control. We need a new system, something much more subtle."
After that every rift seems related to capitalism, labour etc.

Another point in favor of the French Revolution:
Ubisoft is a french company http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now to the most important point, taken from the ACB guide:

"The closing scenes in Juno's vault also reveal two symbols in answer to Desmond's question. The apple's projection of the Masonic Eye is a case in point. A historically recurring signifier of the all-seeing eye of God, the pyramidal form appears on the american dollar bill and was adopted as an emblem of the Freemasons. As for the Phrygian Cap, it is also known as a liberty cap, having come to symbolize freedom and the pursuit of liberty. Shaun would know that the two come together in the Declaration of the Rights of Man and the Citizen, a defining radical document of the French Revolution. Is the Apple pointing the way to 18th Century France?"

Isn't that enough for us to at least THINK the next game will be set in the French revolution?
Obviously, we can't be sure since Ubisoft can place the next game wherever it wants, but for now, all our clues lead to the French Revolution.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Mutley_Rulz:
Eurgh if it's set in america's civil wars I won't bother buying it.
Nobody outside of that nation's headache-inducing population could give a damn about it, but the French Revolutions could be done much better in terms of setting and story, and still retain the Assassin's Creed theme of going to interesting countries.

Mind, I'm still hoping for it to be set in post-apartheid Africa, could be done well although I suppose it'd end up coming into a bunch of controversial debates.

No need to need to be disrespectful or ethnocentric. you can make your case for what you would like the game to be without taking a pop shot at every American on this forum. your better than that.

RH3SUS
12-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

No need to need to be disrespectful or ethnocentric. you can make your case for what you would like the game to be without taking a pop shot at every American on this forum. your better than that.

There is never a need for disrespect, however, I'm not surprised to see a reaction to all the American ******baggery that pops up every once in a while...

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Back @ ya. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You see personally I would prefer the setting to be in Europe for AC, I think it is a better fit. That's just me. But the national insults be it American's towards Europeans or vice versa. is just cowardly and the definition of ****** bag behavior. To sit behind a computer and talk smack is both pretentious and cowardly. and that is the truth. we all enjoy the game. if some people want it in France, that's cool with me. others in America that's cool as well. Personally I hope it is in Spain.

But I am not going to start flaming people because their opinion differs from mine, that is the ultimate sign of a ******bag. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

X10J
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I don't think America would be a good fit. Not enough tall buildings.

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by X10J:

I thought the same thing. At that point in history it would be pointless. . I absolutely agree with you. XD At that time the United States was in it's infancy.

Maybe a good fit in a later game for Desmond. but for now it's kind of pointless. However I am inclined to leave it to the developers they have done a bang up job so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

X10J
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

I thought the same thing. At that point in history it would be pointless. . I absolutely agree with you. XD At that time the United States was in it's infancy.

Maybe a good fit in a later game for Desmond. but for now it's kind of pointless. However I am inclined to leave it to the developers they have done a bang up job so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the Devs are doing a bang up job.

At any rate, I think that any setting should cater to the "big three" gameplay mechanics, that is sociability; combat; and free-running. Basically a well populated, millitarized city.

KnollDark
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
My idea: The Discovery of the New World, Something around the lines of former assassin turned Caribean pirate, losing crew mates in Templar attack then deciding to rally Natives to fend off Spanish/Templars, fails at driving them off (historical accuracy) so ends up sealing secrets of Pieces of Eden

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:

Maybe a good fit in a later game for Desmond. but for now it's kind of pointless. However I am inclined to leave it to the developers they have done a bang up job so far. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At any rate, I think that any setting should cater to the "big three" gameplay mechanics, that is sociability; combat; and free-running. Basically a well populated, millitarized city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on those points... well stated.

X10J
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:

At any rate, I think that any setting should cater to the "big three" gameplay mechanics, that is sociability; combat; and free-running. Basically a well populated, millitarized city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with you on those points... well stated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I've had plenty of practice. I just finished a 900 word essay.

I think I'll add "or cities" though.

Rafoldo
12-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't know if you notice it, but the first and the second AC have the same feeling about them. I want something new and fresh. They need to go to a scenario far from Europe. Feudal Japan, Imperial China would be REALLY great. Even Ancient Egipt would be good.

tlov7
12-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I still don't understand why people think it's going to be in feudal Japan. Desmond's lineage could not possibly correlate with a Japanese ancester. I believe a comment was made earlier about how Middle Eastern and Italian descendents would not match Desmond's ancestry either, however this statement is extremely ignorant (no offense), because these countries are predominantly caucasian...or at the very least slightly tan...similar to Desmond...hint hint. I still think taking in all the clusters from subject 16 that the next Assassin's Creed will be in Russia. Not sure where they can fit this in Russian history but I'm quite certain Ubisoft is clever enough to do anything. Getting off topic I apologize. Anywho, most if not all of the clusters have something to do with the Stalin era. Gregorivich is mentioned a few times, many pictures of Stalin are shown, Soviet riots and so on. While I'm typing this the possibility of a Cold War assassin is enticing, however this may be to close to the present. I don't think they can really go back in time however so it has to be sometime after the Italian Renaissance. To wrap it all up Altair and Ezio are sick as hell names...well imagine how sick of a Russian name they can create...

zgubilici
12-07-2010, 11:07 PM
There has been extensive discussion in the forums about the ACIII subject, from location, to weapons, to ancestor identity and all possible details involving the end of the trilogy. The ninja topic and Japan location in particular has been the subject of many repetitive threads even since the time ACII has been launched.
We have streamlined all related discussions in an AC3 and beyond thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/21) that is already in its second installment.
Please use that thread from now on for all AC3 theories, this will help keep the forum free of too many threads on this same subject.

Thanks.