PDA

View Full Version : battle of britain 1946

PutchPT
04-21-2007, 09:14 PM
could anyone tell me why oleg didn't make a map of britain for IL-2???
i know he is making storm of war - battle of britain and can't concentrate on il-2, but since he is working in this new game, there was releases of new addons for il-2 fb+aep+pf, even the new il-2 1946...
there was a game in the 90's that was call "European Air War" (i think you all know) that i loved because of the battles of britain and the extreme realism the game generally had at the time, when i first tried il-2 i felt i was again in european air war (but extremely better), i was playing the game, playing the addons (enjoying very much) and constantly waiting for a battle of britain addon, but until now there is no addon... i really don't understand why there's no battle of britain in il-2, the battle of britain was an extremely important part of the war and for all i know (correct me if i'm wrong) britain is the only theatre of wwii in europe not present in the game....
ok, i could wait for the new storm of war and have "my" battle of britain in it, but since i paid a lot of money for il-2 and the addons (and not just me), and the new game will require a more powerfull computer...
i will buy the storm of war of course but i will need to buy a new computer and i have to wait at least two or three years because i'm still a student and i live with my parents money and they don't have a lot of it, so i will have to keep some "coins" over the months to try and buy a new computer...
i need to keep playing il-2 for the next 2-3 years and that's why i'm asking if there will be released an addon with the battle of britain campaign....

thank you for your answers....
and thanks Oleg Maddox's and his team for this wonderful WWII Flight SIM (the best of all times, no doubt)

VW-IceFire
04-21-2007, 09:20 PM
IL-2 was originally about the Eastern Front. Some Western front maps have been added...actually just one is a historical map, thats Normandy, aside from that most of the maps are eastern front or pacific based. So logically a map of England, greater France, Belgium, and other important Western Front map areas are missing. Thats what Battle of Britain will kick off.

Most air battles after the Battle of Britain (from June 1940 to October 1940) tended to take place either in cross channel raids or over France and Belgium (and then later into Germany with the advent of long range fighters and the 8th air force getting more adventurous).

You can have allot of fun without the map of England provided. We have several great campaigns that replicate the Battle of Britain without the map (using another map to simulate the battle) and many more Western front scenarios on the Normandy, Ardennes, and NW Germany maps. Check those out at www.mission4today.com (http://www.mission4today.com)

Wait for Storm of War: Battle of Britain for a real England map...it'll be great no doubt.

Chivas
04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
SOW BOB was originally planned for end of 2005, so the English map was reserved for that sim. Unfortunately Ilya managed to squeeze in Pacific Fighters, PE-2, and 1946 that delayed BOB by two years at least. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif