PDA

View Full Version : Leaving animus after completing game

Xypleth
11-25-2010, 01:11 PM
I got a big problem, that i recently discovered.
I got my game completion at 97.3 percent, and i have spent a lot of my time for this awesome game. I was looking for unlockables for the game, because i had noticed, that i have one missing sword. So i check and i saw that if you do some things that needs to be done, when left the animus.
Help, i really really want to get that i can access in the game, but not starting all over again! Can you fix this? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Note: I am using PS3 slim version (Europe, BLES)

***main story spoiler and my idea how Ubi could fix this***

Ubi please make me able to exit animus and in AC3 you can make it, like - he was dreaming that he exited the animus, like Memory into memory, like Desmond said. lol

Also there is a bug, that you have to wear Brutus armor, but to be honest i really don't like how the armor looks, make a nicer armor next time please. And also you to be able to continue next memory, if you replay, because many missions are split in half, to have different objectives, but the general mission has been split, so you have to get pass 2 more loadings to access next one, while you could make it without loadings...

Thank you very much, and many people would appreciate this, including me. I have heard that they many other also have noticed there problems.

Caligula__
11-25-2010, 01:27 PM
seriously?!?!?!?!?! you need to get those things from the modern day? you sure?

Xypleth
11-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
seriously?!?!?!?!?! you need to get those things from the modern day? you sure?

Well check out yourself. It may be so, you read an email, and it has code for you to unlock the items. i am not sure.

Caligula__
11-25-2010, 01:34 PM
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Oh...? so you don't need those 5 modern day artifacts that you can get by exploring Montegrioni?

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Xypleth
11-25-2010, 01:38 PM
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Oh...? so you don't need those 5 modern day artifacts that you can get by exploring Montegrioni?

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

What are you talking about?

So i can get those items even if completed all sequences? Please help!

I can get those items while revisiting Montegrioni and finding those artifacts? are they in past or present?

Okay, i got it. In present. But do getting them effects percentage of AC:B past completion?

Krayus Korianis
11-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Yukicore:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

I can get those items while revisiting Montegrioni and finding those artifacts? are they in past or present? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to leave the Animus and explore Monteriggioni in 2012. That means you have to leave the animus and go out as Desmond.

Xypleth
11-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yukicore:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

I can get those items while revisiting Montegrioni and finding those artifacts? are they in past or present? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to leave the Animus and explore Monteriggioni in 2012. That means you have to leave the animus and go out as Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, i wrote that i have beaten the game and i can't exit the animus!!!

Krayus Korianis
11-25-2010, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yukicore:
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

You need to leave the Animus and explore Monteriggioni in 2012. That means you have to leave the animus and go out as Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, i wrote that i have beaten the game and i can't exit the animus!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which means you'll have to beeline a new game, get to the point where you can exit the animus and get'em for the achievement.

assassin087
11-25-2010, 03:59 PM
I am sorry but you will have to start over. If you could get out than that would answer a lot of questions about the ending.

OGCFB
11-25-2010, 04:15 PM
I would happily pay for a dlc for ACB called AC3 The Prologue which would restore the ability to leave the animus and give you a level playing as desmond...

The_Sphinx
11-25-2010, 05:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Dude, i wrote that i have beaten the game and i can't exit the animus!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course you can't exit the animus and explore Monterogioni after finishing the game, did you pay no attention at all at the stuff happening at the end? Come on now...

RaZa2nice
11-25-2010, 05:51 PM
yea made it seem like if he leaves the animus again he'll die or go insane or some **** at the end...pay attention like he said...its lame u cant leave but oh well

Xypleth
11-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Why do you guys never pay attention to other parts of the text... :/

There is on more bug that is very embarrassing, about that brutus armor. And Ubi could make it as a memory in memory (leaving animus in memory), like desmond passed out > Memory Ezio > Exit Animus. That could extend the story for AC3, of course if Ubi ain't planning on idea that Desmond has been put into animus... oh my god... desmond is in templar animus??? Holly ****.

Evan52395
11-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Why do you guys never pay attention to other parts of the text... :/

There is on more bug that is very embarrassing, about that brutus armor. And Ubi could make it as a memory in memory (leaving animus in memory), like desmond passed out > Memory Ezio > Exit Animus. That could extend the story for AC3, of course if Ubi ain't planning on idea that Desmond has been put into animus... oh my god... desmond is in templar animus??? Holly ****.
...what?

Caligula__
11-25-2010, 09:59 PM
here's my question:

If i want 100% Total Synchronicity on one playthrough do I need to get those 5 collectibles from the present day?

I have got something like 25 hours on one playthrough and 80% Synchronicity or something like that but I forgot to get the present day collectibles, do I need to make another playthrough to get 100%?

Oatkeeper
11-26-2010, 02:01 AM
I got all the modern stuff but Didnt check the emails much, Am I missing something, Im confused about what the issue is here.

obliviondoll
11-26-2010, 02:07 AM
About the Brutus Armour - I'm yet to try it myself after unlocking it, but in a couple of threads people have suggested that changing your armour at the hideout (not at a blacksmith) will let you keep that armour when you're in a memory.

You can also change out of it anytime you have a blacksmith in reach.

Nick1021
11-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Even if the ending would be ruined if we left the animus we should still get out. But when we get out it's on sequence 8 so as if it never happened.

Zokuno
11-26-2010, 04:18 AM
Instead of having Desmond get out of the Animus after the game has finished, why doesn't Ubisoft make a "replay memory" thing for Desmond through a patch or something. Obviously it wouldn't work the same way as viewing Ezio's memories because he is being watched through the animus but maybe we could have a "level select" option. Just a thought.

PhiIs1618033
11-26-2010, 06:07 AM
The issue here is as follows:
Are the real-world collectibles needed for 100 completion? (in the statistics menu)

Xypleth
11-26-2010, 05:46 PM
here's my question:

If i want 100% Total Synchronicity on one playthrough do I need to get those 5 collectibles from the present day?

I have got something like 25 hours on one playthrough and 80% Synchronicity or something like that but I forgot to get the present day collectibles, do I need to make another playthrough to get 100%?

Well, it seems that sync is only for missions. I have all the missions on full sync and i have 100%. Also i have all treasure chests, but not all the Rome flags. I think you just have to complete all missions on 100% and you will have full sync.

Xypleth
11-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
The issue here is as follows:
Are the real-world collectibles needed for 100 completion? (in the statistics menu)

No, that sync is only for Ezio. Not real time, past only.

AnomalousRex
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
To anyone arguing that being able to leave the animus after game completion would "not make sense" or somehow "ruin the ending," etc (similar arguments included, I don't give a sh*t if I didn't use your exact words):

I have no idea if you've bothered to play your file after finishing the Desmond sections and the ending, but here are some observations. I am surprised to learn nobody else here has considered:

-The fact that you are playing as Ezio post-game (as Desmond in the animus) makes equally as little sense as being able to leave it.

-If you leave the subject 16 stuff until after, you can hear Rebecca talk to you (at least in the first one, I haven't had time to do them all yet, so I don't know if there's one with Lucy's voice. That would prove my point entirely). Just the tone of the conversations implies that you are still within the main story and haven't played the end sequence.

-You could argue that they've set up in a new location to finish the memories but this makes equally as little sense, as we haven't seen it and it will probably happen within the context of the next game's story. This is a very weak argument given where the ending leaves us.

-Most importantly: who gives a sh*t? you have completed the game and are going back to get things you missed on the first playthrough. It has nothing to do with the story at that point. It makes less sense that they took it out, causing the player to lose the ability to access content, than just considering the post-game file to be non-canon, which it obviously would be anyways.

The point is, you are not playing post-game while assuming in your mind it's a continuation of the story, and if you are... maybe you walked out of the room for the ending. IMO it's not something that should be bothered to be worked into canon, it's simply a way of finishing up the game features you missed on the way through. There is no excuse for not being able to leave the animus and find the artifacts you missed, in fact I was surprised when I found out you couldn't.

Ubisoft, you should read this and patch it (if it hasn't been already. I haven't had my xbox on Live for awhile.)

spotter_acus
02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Has no-one considered that "He's gone into shock" could be referring to the person who is a descendant of Desmond? surely it would make just as much sense that there is another level of animus?
anyway, yes it's annoying that you can't play as Desmond in monteriggieroni or however you spell it once you've finished the story, but really, if you haven't got that side of stuff done, you can only blame yourself for ignoring the side-missions.

joaomuas
02-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm gonna try to clear some things out:

First, modern-day gameplay doesn't count for 100% sync. The only things that count are the main missions, side-missions and the full sync challenges for both. Anything else (guild challenges, treasures, flags, weapons, etc.) doesn't count. Not even renovating Rome and Subject 16 (I'm not sure about these two, but I heard some guys saying it doesn't, and I also think it doesn't; please correct me if I'm wrong), although everything (except modern-day) should count, because it's supposed to be everything how Ezio did it. Why doesn't 2012 count? Because, first, you can't go back there again, and then you had to start a new file (although in trophies/achievements you really need to start a new file). Second, it is in the name: 100% SYNC! Which means you need to be full synched with Ezio, nothing else.

Then, I'm gonna talk about why you can't leave the animus after the ending. I also think it's stupid, because in the ending Desmond is put in the animus again, and this is where (probably) AC3 will start, but it won't start with Ezio doing side-quests! It will probably start with another ancestor in another memory. Same thing in real-time: after you leave the animus, you'll continue Desmond's story. If we can continue to play as Ezio to do side-quests, why can't we do the same with Desmond? Maybe because there are lots of things to do with Ezio, but not with Desmond. However, I really enjoyed playing with Desmond, and many others think the same. I did completed all the stuff there was to do with Desmond, but I wanted to continue to play with him. Also, if we can "go back in time" to hear the voices of the team again, talking in some of the Subject 16 levels and in the end of the whole thing (when they discover it's not a video) and to play with Desmond in the last of those levels speaking with Subject 16, why can't we do the same to play with Desmond again.

I hope it helped and this is just my opinion so any other suggestions/critics are welcome.