PDA

View Full Version : ini editing guide- is there one?

Danschnell
10-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi.
I remember there used to be an option to edit the ini files to add extra random flights to campaign missions and very the lengths of campaigs etc. I can no longer find where to choose these options or what the different values in the ini files would mean anyway. I need a guide to FB/PF ini editing. Is there one in existance? I have searched the fansites but can't find anything.

Danschnell
10-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi.
I remember there used to be an option to edit the ini files to add extra random flights to campaign missions and very the lengths of campaigs etc. I can no longer find where to choose these options or what the different values in the ini files would mean anyway. I need a guide to FB/PF ini editing. Is there one in existance? I have searched the fansites but can't find anything.

steve_v
10-24-2004, 11:31 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=3031088422&r=1381060522#1381060522

Danschnell
10-25-2004, 02:58 PM
It looks like the DGen ini lines you can add don't work for the new PF campaigns.
For example I added the random flights line to =5, and no random flights were ever added to any PF campaign missions, but the good old IL2 campaign missions remained packed with random flights.
Its a shame that PF doesn't work with the old conf.ini tweaks.

Does anyone know of a way to make it so that more different types of planes can be encountered on campaign missions, or even how to expand the range of options available to choose from in Host's Choice and Fictional 'Online' campaigns? I have tried aditing the .DB files and the .ini files that are created when you start a new DGen campaigns, but nothing works.

Can anyone help? (Or even to find a way to increase random flights on PF campaigns, otherwise, they get too boring!)

plumps_
10-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Concerning the conf.ini sttings from FB read Starshoy's comments in this thread (http://www.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=114;t=000431).