PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cameras ??

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:25 AM
I really would like to have a gun camera option (high speed film) instead of saving the whole flight. I would imagine that it would be easy to impliment as all actions are recorded anyway.

The whole flight is very nice, but gun cameras are much better, in my opinion - that is.

hoping
tony

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:25 AM
I really would like to have a gun camera option (high speed film) instead of saving the whole flight. I would imagine that it would be easy to impliment as all actions are recorded anyway.

The whole flight is very nice, but gun cameras are much better, in my opinion - that is.

hoping
tony

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:39 AM
There already is a 'guncamera' option - in the 'Misc' section of the Controls screen, you can assign a key/button to 'Quick Start/Save'. This allows to make short tracks in-game without having to resort to using the 'Start Recording' option. One click starts recording a track, a second click switches it off. Such tracks work in the same way as normal tracks.

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Functio wrote:
- There already is a 'guncamera' option - in the
- 'Misc' section of the Controls screen, you can
- assign a key/button to 'Quick Start/Save'. This
- allows to make short tracks in-game without having
- to resort to using the 'Start Recording' option. One
- click starts recording a track, a second click
- switches it off. Such tracks work in the same way as
- normal tracks.

But does it do it from a gun-camera "perspective"?

47|FC
http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/research/p47-6.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 12:56 AM
I was thinking along the lines of recording while you're firing + a few seconds after.

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 07:40 AM
Could you please tell me where to find the tracks and how to open them - Thank You - JK-1

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 07:37 PM
necrobaron wrote:

- But does it do it from a gun-camera "perspective"?

Aha - that depends on what you do 'post production'. If you record the track on the fly in combat, it works like a normal track. If you then watch it again, and give yourself control over the views you use (i.e. cockpit off, gunsight overlaid only) AFAIK, you can resave it with those new views.

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 07:38 PM
vanjast wrote:
- I was thinking along the lines of recording while
- you're firing + a few seconds after.

Well, that's simple enough to do - all you have to do is remember to switch the 'camera' on and off at the right moments.