PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
1] just imagine while incoop possibility to respawn back to a choosen place. (or back as an aaa or gunner.)

2] Impossible to hit refly in flight.Must touch ground.
When the plane is landed pilot need to exit the airplane like the bail out but with out laying down. great for base pounding and pilot kills.

3] ground craters can stay much longer at server choice. Great for base attacks and finally a good reason to defend it

Everything can be choosen before mission or from a server side.

any others suggestions?

Before final release why not including those command line .?

TheGozr
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
1] just imagine while incoop possibility to respawn back to a choosen place. (or back as an aaa or gunner.)

2] Impossible to hit refly in flight.Must touch ground.
When the plane is landed pilot need to exit the airplane like the bail out but with out laying down. great for base pounding and pilot kills.

3] ground craters can stay much longer at server choice. Great for base attacks and finally a good reason to defend it

Everything can be choosen before mission or from a server side.

any others suggestions?

Before final release why not including those command line .?

HansKnappstick
11-29-2004, 07:39 AM
Imagine if every mission starts as paused (offline mode only), as in LO:MAC. This way I would be able to make myself a coffee intead of staring for 15 minutes at the mission loading screen on my crappy machine.

IV_JG51_Razor
11-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Either faster speeds for the Jeep carriers, or model wind in the game. I think that giving the ships a little more speed would be much easier.

Let me say right off the bat, I realize that ALL of the carriers are going at their correct historical speed. The problem is that, without wind modeled in the game, that historically accurate speed isn't sufficient to get much off of a Jeep carrier, and when attempting to gat a heavily loaded plane off of an Essex class ship, it's a dicey affair to say the least!

Unfortunately, due to the lack of wind, or moving ships in a DF server, carrier ops are pretty much out of the question. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Bearcat99
11-29-2004, 06:24 PM
What would really be nice would be if there was a way to refuel and rearm without leaving the map. I know this has been brought up dozens of times but it would be nice. Say just by landing and taxiing over to a certain area the sim would do exactly the same thing as if you hit refly only you would stay on the map. I wonder if it would be possible to use the same coding they use for chocking your plane on the carrier deck to prevent oters from crashing into you... yet you are still in the map.

rjb1fgc
11-29-2004, 07:04 PM
I came across this in General Discussion and think it might have merit for "raising the level of competence and civility for online players ". Would certainly make some of the less civil player think BEFORE they caused too many problems. Might get rid of many the ones who "pirate" the code and then cause playing problems for others. Anyway from GD
"
Picture of Daiichidoku

posted Mon November 29 2004 11:08
always has been a prob, and sadly always will
sometimes KS happens by mistake, everyone has done it, more often than not it is easily avoidable

Sadly, with FB/PF's ridiculous scoring system, it encourages those that believe having points shows they are great pilots into this sort of "feeding frenzy" actions

A kill/loss ratio counter in the game would lessen this, IMHO...put more emphasis on the loss part espicially, as this was far more realistic, too...IRL kills are nice, but nowhere as important as keeping the "loss" part clear!

Even with a kill/loss counter instead of the scoring sys now in place, there would still be some KS'ing, sadly

When ppl unnecessarily KS, they spoil the fun and one of the main payoffs of playing the game in the first place, that is, earning a kill, the satisfaction of having fought a foe and defeated him, at the cost of ammo, and sometimes almost your plane instead of his... "

Maybe too much work for the coming patches for PF ...
But it might send the message that when BOB comes out only those serious about PURCHASING it will enjoy playing it.

my two cents