PDA

View Full Version : Map Grid Scale-What is it?

sgilewicz
01-26-2005, 07:22 AM
I never paid much attention to distances on the Eastern Front but the distances involved in some PF campaigns call for attention to fuel load. I've checked the manual and the readme's but I can't find what the grid distance scale is for the maps. Seems wierd to be asking this after years of playing this game but it never seemed to matter before.

sgilewicz
01-26-2005, 07:22 AM
I never paid much attention to distances on the Eastern Front but the distances involved in some PF campaigns call for attention to fuel load. I've checked the manual and the readme's but I can't find what the grid distance scale is for the maps. Seems wierd to be asking this after years of playing this game but it never seemed to matter before.

Tully__
01-26-2005, 07:30 AM
The map grid is in 100km, 10km or 1km squares in mission and briefing maps depending on zoom level. In the Full Mission Builder you can zoom in to 100m and 10m grids as well.

The map references along the top and right of the map are at 10km intervals.

Along the bottom and left of the map, every tenth grid line will have a distance in km from the exreme bottom left corner of the map. The number indicating distance is a very pale grey and hard to see, but it is there.

sgilewicz
01-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks so much for quick reply. This will be of great assistance setting up my loadouts!

LEBillfish
01-26-2005, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
The number indicating distance is a very pale grey and hard to see, but it is there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes very hard to see, infact now PF maps have the town names so light you can't read them unless zoomed in....would be a nice change to have 1c make on all maps, to darken the text up.