aminx
11-08-2004, 01:39 AM
hello
Saitek Joystick:
which is better X52 or X45?
aminx

StihlCanuk
11-08-2004, 02:22 AM
Don't own either one but the x52 is probably a "new and improved" version. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

StihlCanuk
11-08-2004, 02:25 AM
What kind of stick are you using now?I use saitek cyborg evo.
btw,I agree about the torpedo bombers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

aminx
11-08-2004, 03:01 AM
i am using a logitech wingman which is really horrible most unprecise.My son uses a microsoft sidewinder,we used to have 2 but one broke and there is none left in the market so i want to upgrade and buy 2 Saiteks.I need comments from people who have them,i know that the 52 is the latest and i see it in the agents website, its only 25 euros more but i need players comments before i go ahead.
aminx

StihlCanuk
11-08-2004, 04:10 AM
I haven't heard good things about the logitech.I like my Saitek Evo. Had it for 3wks now.
If you're set on getting either x45 or x52 that's a good choice.They are both high end quality sticks from what I know.

hughlb2
11-08-2004, 04:40 AM
I'm in a similar position to you aminx, I have a Logitech Wingman Stupidly-Long-Named Strike Force 3D which is probably about to make space for an X52. Unfortunatly nobody has a 52 yet, as its not been released. It will probably be a better choice than the 45, but I can only speculate. So i'd hold off making a decision and repost your question when its released (or just keep bumping this posthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). The forums will hopefully be inundated with opinions on the stick, which will give you (and me) a better idea of which stick to buy.

249th_Maico
11-08-2004, 05:45 AM
I am big into hardware. My current combo is a X45 and Microsoft FF2. If I had to have just one I would have the FF2. Of course I love the beefy throttle of the X45. Force Feedback is something I would never be without again. I preordered the X52. I will replace the x45 on my desk with it. I will of course try the joystick out first but I am allmost positive that the FF2 will still reign supreme. I dont know what other FF joysticks are out there worth having but reserch is half the fun buddy.

aminx
11-08-2004, 10:02 AM
ATT MAICO

Would i be satisfied just with the X45 no attachments?
aminx

Bearcat99
11-08-2004, 10:12 AM
It depends on your rudder solution. If you plan to get pedals then Id say go with the X45 as the rudder rocker can be set up as a switch (I use mine for flaps). Or if you dont care for twist rudders get the X45. The X52 will have a twist rudder setup. I use a MSFFB2 along with an X45 and CH pedals and I am very pleased with it.

aminx
11-08-2004, 11:18 AM
ATT MAICO

it seems there is no serious ff joystick manufacturer left out there.What will you do if you wake up tomorrow and find your FF2 dead?
aminx

El Turo
11-08-2004, 11:19 AM
I only have two complaints about the X45.

1) Rudder control

2) Durability concerns. Most folks report centerplay slop and/or button/hat wear in about 6-18 months of use. Buy an in-store 2yr warranty so you can make sure and get a new one as needed.

X52.. sounds interesting for a few reasons, most notably to me that the construction is supposed to be of MUCH better quality (and thusly, durability). The twist stick doesn't really appeal to me much as I've gone the way of rudder pedals anyway, but I suppose it could be used for other games.. I was thinking of mapping the twist to left/right clutch control on tanks in WWII Online for high speed cornering.

Right now I have the CH Fighterstick (after my X45 stick wore out without warranty), but I'm seriously considering buying the X52 to replace my whole setup.

I'm probably going to wait for some reviews to come in or until my X45 throttle breaks.. but even if it does break, I think I'd buy the X52 instead of the CH throttle because they're about the same cost anyway!

If you do pick up the X52, please post your thoughts!

If the tension is anything like the X45, it will seem overly heavy/strong to you for the first week or two until you get used to it. Once I got used to the heavier springs on the X45, I loved it for fine control. Going to the CH stick with its very, very light springs was a little bit of a disappointment.

Best,

~T.

Chivas
11-08-2004, 11:39 AM
The X52 I preordered its shipping today. So I should have some info in a few days. I currently use a Cougar throttle with a Microsoft FF2. The Cougar throttle is outstanding but I have a closet full of broken Microsoft sticks and the current one is on its last legs.

aminx
11-08-2004, 09:45 PM
TT EL TURO

therefore is the saiteck stick not recommendable?same as logitech?wobbles in gunsight mode?What about the evo force model?is it as good as the sidewinder?
aminx

adlabs6
11-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Lots of guys here have the X45. I've had mine for two years now, trouble free. I even stuck it out back when there were no good drivers for my OS except those great ones by Dhazimmer and HazardScript. Thankfully the new SST's are good though.

As for the difference between the 45 and 52? I can use the rocker rudder and the twists just the same, but you should decide which you prefer.

Tully__
11-08-2004, 10:21 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

aminx
11-08-2004, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by adlabs6:
Lots of guys here have the X45. I've had mine for two years now, trouble free.

Hi adlab,
do you have any wobble when in gunsight mode during a dogfight with the X45?
aminx

adlabs6
11-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Wobble... do you mean when slight stick motion (almost none) causes the plane to move while aiming?

No, I don't have this. Yes my X45 wobbles physically, but by setting my joystick input filters in FB to filter out most small movements near the center, I get no wobbling on screen, even when I wobble the stick. With my settings I have to actually move the stick a bit past the center to register on screen. I use this setup in FB, LockOn, and FS2004.

If your joystick settings are all at 100 (like some people have it set), then any small motion of the stick will appear on screen.

aminx
11-09-2004, 10:33 AM
att ADLAB

WOBBLE
I mean when aiming,following the target and then specially when firing i have a wobble during all these stages.
I am confirming an order with the agent tomorrow morning for the evo force (in stock)and then for the X52 which will be available in 2 weecks time.They have the X45 in stock but why not go for the new model which apparently is more "heavy duty" for a diff of 30 euros.
Haver you heard wether the EVO FORCE is good?
aminx

dieg777
11-09-2004, 10:40 AM
If considering an X-45 please try one out physically-I have big hands and the rocker which controls the rudder is situated under the throttle and felt all wrong to me-also looked cheap and plasticky so Iv held off until I can get a try out of X-52.
Baisically everyone is different so dont order blind- try and get a feel of one in a shop before ordering.

El Turo
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
I have big hands and the throttle is great. You just have to make sure that you reverse the axis so that you pull it back towards you for 100% power. That makes the rocker and hat switches a LOT more accessible.

Still.. I think the improvements in construction materials alone would warrant the extra cash for the X52.

sunflower1
11-09-2004, 11:08 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I love reading what other people have done that works for them, pulling the throttle back to get 100% power to get better access......that sorta thing makes me smile.

I have very small hands and find the whole thing works great for me, but you can find a thread where a guy with small hands' wife made him a padded rest for the stick- sort of a booster chair to lift his hand high enough to reach the buttons.

The stick centering mechanism for the x45/x52 is the same and in my humble opinion its cheese. If the x52 has incorporated a slippery nylon bushing or something, that'd be great. If its still the same two materials sliding against each other, you're buying a toy. As you have noticed, a lot of people like the throttle and use the stick for something else. Mine has finally become smooth enough so that it doesn't ever bind. I'm sure that means a hat is about ready to give out. Be sure to dig up some old candles or fancy grease to either get it working, as in my case, or keep it working, as seems to be in other's cases.

You gotta put your hands on these things to buy them- or buy them all and try to send back the ones you find don't work for you.

I'm looking forward to trying a CH Fighterstick when the stick dies.

adlabs6
11-09-2004, 11:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aminx:
att ADLAB

WOBBLE
I mean when aiming,following the target and then specially when firing i have a wobble during all these stages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no I don't have that. Like I said, check out your joystick input ranges in the FB input options page. If they are all 100% then some sticks will be way to sensitive. Mine are:
0 10 20 30 40 50 60 80 90 100
and FILTERING on 1

With these settings, the red (actual stick input) does jump and wobble with only slight pressure, but the green (filtered input) doesn't move unless I want it too.

EDIT: Yes I use candle wax on my X45... and I did try it before I bought it, do it if you can.

aminx
11-09-2004, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adlabs6:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aminx:
att ADLAB

WOBBLE
I mean when aiming,following the target and then specially when firing i have a wobble during all these stages. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, no I don't have that. Like I said, check out your joystick input ranges in the FB input options page. If they are all 100% then some sticks will be way to sensitive. Mine are:
0 10 20 30 40 50 60 80 90 100
and FILTERING on 1

this is for yaw pitch or roll?
i did try a setting from lucky boys site but i didnt use filter.i'll try the filter at 1 see what happens
aminx

El Turo
11-09-2004, 01:56 PM
I was under the impression (could be wrong) that the X52 was using better sensors and would thusly have less issues with centerplay slop and true-center..?

My X45 got so bad with the centerplay slop that I couldn't dead-zone or otherwise trim out enough to make it playable in IL2.. that's when I spent the cashola on the CH Fighterstick... which has been good.. but I miss the heavier springs in the X45 as well as the button/hat placement.

adlabs6
11-09-2004, 03:03 PM
I use those same settings on both pitch and roll.

LW_lcarp
11-09-2004, 09:06 PM
you can get a X-52 from here also for the english chaps http://www.ifcblackpool.com/index.html

And tell em lcarp sent ya

-HH-Quazi
11-10-2004, 01:51 AM
I've had the X-45 for about 8 months now. Personally, I have never used a twist stick, but the thought of having to doesn't set to well with me as there are already to many things going on in a dog fight with the joystick and all the movement and trying to fire either cannons on machine guns, using the hatswitch that having to twist the stick in the middle of all that seems a bit much to me. I like the X-45 myself. But to each their own m8.