PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell the difference

jugent
02-05-2005, 06:05 AM
There are two brands of Pacific fighter for sale, both are produced by UBI-soft IL2 Pacific Fighters and Pacific Fighters. They differ some in price and look different on the box. What is the difference between them?

jugent
02-05-2005, 06:05 AM
There are two brands of Pacific fighter for sale, both are produced by UBI-soft IL2 Pacific Fighters and Pacific Fighters. They differ some in price and look different on the box. What is the difference between them?

Taylortony
02-05-2005, 07:07 AM
There is only one version so I can only surmise that the packaging varies as it is from different parts of the globe, as long as its for a PC it should be the same and i dont think its been done for anything else... are you buying it online? The UK version comes in a DVD style package where as the Canadian version is in a cardboard box i believe.

The game is designed to run as a standalone or as an add on to IL2 Forgotten Battles and the Aces add on pack.... this you select from the loading menu and indeed you can install it as both versions........ the advantage of the add on version is you get all the planes and maps from the previous FB versions, where as the PF loaded as its own will only load the pacific bits http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

does that help?

Chuck_Older
02-05-2005, 07:14 AM
I actually saw a PC game called "Pacific Fighter" at Wal-Mart, when PF was released in the U.S.

The Wal-Mart employee I had spoken to on the telephone hadd told me that yes, his store had Pacific Fighters. That was an honest mistake

But another program is out there, I have seen it just once, that is so close in name to Pacific Fighters that it easily could cause confusion

The "Pacific Fighter" game I saw was a third person WWII flight game

Taylortony
02-05-2005, 07:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck_Older:
I actually saw a PC game called "Pacific Fighter" at Wal-Mart, when PF was released in the U.S.

The Wal-Mart employee I had spoken to on the telephone hadd told me that yes, his store had Pacific Fighter_s_. That was an honest mistake

But another program is out there, I have seen it just once, that is so close in name to Pacific Fighters that it easily could cause confusion

The "Pacific Fighter" game I saw was a third person WWII flight game <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K then get the UBI one.odd though he says they made em both

Chuck_Older
02-05-2005, 07:21 AM
No no no- I don't want to say that Ubi doesn't make two boxes. I'm just saying be aware there's another game with a similar name

SlickStick
02-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Isn't there some kind of special PF "gold" pack available? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif