PDA

View Full Version : Tracers off?. Multiple Monitors?,

snowaaa
11-27-2004, 10:16 PM
This is a truly great chunk of code. Thanks Oleg.

1. Is there a way to turn the tracers off? I keep telling my crewchief to ditch em' but he never listens. since they have a different trajectory, I consider them unwanted calling cards.

2. Will this game support multiple monitors? I'd love to have external view on one and cockpit on the other.

3. Pardon my new shoes, but, is there a way to jump into another plane while I am spiraling down with no wings?

Thanks

shadowtooth

snowaaa
11-27-2004, 10:16 PM
This is a truly great chunk of code. Thanks Oleg.

1. Is there a way to turn the tracers off? I keep telling my crewchief to ditch em' but he never listens. since they have a different trajectory, I consider them unwanted calling cards.

2. Will this game support multiple monitors? I'd love to have external view on one and cockpit on the other.

3. Pardon my new shoes, but, is there a way to jump into another plane while I am spiraling down with no wings?

Thanks

shadowtooth

Von_Zero
11-28-2004, 04:58 AM
1. No
2. Dunno
3. No and it would be unrealistical

DuxCorvan
11-28-2004, 06:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Von_Zero:
1. No
2. Dunno
3. No and it would be unrealistical <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Again, no. And it would be realistical. Many crews, specialy at early war, or in difficult conditions, lacked tracer ammunition to feed the guns.

2. As far as I know, you can use a Matrox card or similar to have a panoramic view stretched over three side-by-side monitors. But you can't have different views for each monitor. I'd also like to have several monitors, one on my left, one on my right and one below to simulate side views and pit controls, but you can't. Sad.

3. No, you can't. And, as Von Zero said, it would be unrealistical. But funny. So, why not? It should be a switch, to have it disabled in realistic settings.