PDA

View Full Version : PF 304 / 304m BUG Reporting

crazyivan1970
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Please read this:

From Oleg Maddox:

"Dear folks, please read it with attention:

1. The address for bug reports:
In readme is shown new one instead of closed old il2beta@1c.ru. So use please only new one PF@1c.ru

2. We can't search at the web for your bug reports. It take too much time. So we will accept the reports that only will be sent to the address shown above.

3. The bug report should contains

a) in case of graphics glitches, sound problems (if its only problems), and other hardware related problems send us please DXDIAG file report witht in attachemnt and with your comments and screenshots (converted in JPG!) that will explain the nature of problem very preciselly and steps to reproduce the case.

b) In case of aircraft data or 3D model "problems", if you think this is incorrect you need to put the source text/photos or blueprints (if it is not the simple drawings) with the exact data and the screen shots (if you think something is wrong ) that are in comparison with the real one. Please take in account that in the only word explanation we usually do not accept such reports. Also, we don'rt model many switches, etc working. So we do not accept it as bugs. We do more working switches only when we have a time and then ussually do not rework that was not done due to limit of time, except real bugs.

c) Bugs that may have a case with Dynamic campaign generator: You need to sent us the generated mission (created witht he proper name in Missions>Campaign>[Airforce side] folder) where was a problem and the Dgen.log, Dgen2.log, Dgen3.log files from the game root directory.

d) Possible bugs that impossible to show us with the screenshots should be repeated by user and recorded in a track (preferable in both formats if possible and exclude COOP mode, becasue currently that option there switched off before official add-on due to too many functions that was implemented during development).

e) If you think that you got something wrong working in a mission - we need this mission with text, shots, tracks explanation that to identify nature or problem. However if it is own user design missions - before to sent us that mission please read manual and readme at first that to compare with the terms that pointed there for the right design.
And we don't accept the "bugs" for user made online missions, where is too large amount of any objects... (In the past once we received the "bad" online COOP mission, that was too slow in online gameplay and had great lags, etc... that was created on Berlin map, and if we will not to count just over 600,000 buildings there, had there thousands tanks, static planes, guns, etc... - it is equal many thousands players on one server!!!.... and we pointed such things in manual, why not to read? Each object on the map has own conditions and data transfers to each player! And if there are thousands such obejcts then all of the data transfers to each player!)"

All bug reports go to PF@1c.ru

crazyivan1970
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Please read this:

From Oleg Maddox:

"Dear folks, please read it with attention:

1. The address for bug reports:
In readme is shown new one instead of closed old il2beta@1c.ru. So use please only new one PF@1c.ru

2. We can't search at the web for your bug reports. It take too much time. So we will accept the reports that only will be sent to the address shown above.

3. The bug report should contains

a) in case of graphics glitches, sound problems (if its only problems), and other hardware related problems send us please DXDIAG file report witht in attachemnt and with your comments and screenshots (converted in JPG!) that will explain the nature of problem very preciselly and steps to reproduce the case.

b) In case of aircraft data or 3D model "problems", if you think this is incorrect you need to put the source text/photos or blueprints (if it is not the simple drawings) with the exact data and the screen shots (if you think something is wrong ) that are in comparison with the real one. Please take in account that in the only word explanation we usually do not accept such reports. Also, we don'rt model many switches, etc working. So we do not accept it as bugs. We do more working switches only when we have a time and then ussually do not rework that was not done due to limit of time, except real bugs.

c) Bugs that may have a case with Dynamic campaign generator: You need to sent us the generated mission (created witht he proper name in Missions>Campaign>[Airforce side] folder) where was a problem and the Dgen.log, Dgen2.log, Dgen3.log files from the game root directory.

d) Possible bugs that impossible to show us with the screenshots should be repeated by user and recorded in a track (preferable in both formats if possible and exclude COOP mode, becasue currently that option there switched off before official add-on due to too many functions that was implemented during development).

e) If you think that you got something wrong working in a mission - we need this mission with text, shots, tracks explanation that to identify nature or problem. However if it is own user design missions - before to sent us that mission please read manual and readme at first that to compare with the terms that pointed there for the right design.
And we don't accept the "bugs" for user made online missions, where is too large amount of any objects... (In the past once we received the "bad" online COOP mission, that was too slow in online gameplay and had great lags, etc... that was created on Berlin map, and if we will not to count just over 600,000 buildings there, had there thousands tanks, static planes, guns, etc... - it is equal many thousands players on one server!!!.... and we pointed such things in manual, why not to read? Each object on the map has own conditions and data transfers to each player! And if there are thousands such obejcts then all of the data transfers to each player!)"

All bug reports go to PF@1c.ru

TX-EcoDragon
01-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Aircraft near but below the critical angle of attack have an abrupt cutout of aileron response, I also notice this during takeoff just after liftoff that roll inputs are ignored, then they kick in full force. This was in previous versions after PF as well, but it's worse now. In high G scissors for example, every now and then the aileron simply does nothing. . . then all of the sudden kicks back in. I have observed this in the following aircraft thus far 109 G's, P-40s, P-39 do it. . . it's probably in more, but I haven't tried them yet.

p1ngu666
01-19-2005, 05:28 AM
was in ki43 too
id say it was hardly effective, then *bang* it works

Van Alien
01-19-2005, 07:07 AM
still white shadows (especially palmtrees and ground-objects, some cars, others not...?) with Geforce 6600GT here (with various drivers), please fix it or is it possible to play without shadows (config.ini ?)
I dont need shadows with palmtrees, but when they are white, it starts hurting the eye
thanks

ZG77_Nagual
01-19-2005, 09:32 AM
I have this too, you can turn shadows off in the conf.ini.

Van Alien
01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
ok, I forgot about the line shadows=X in the conf.in,so i got a 2 there, i`ll try zero now, as long there is no other cure
thanks

Leech_
01-20-2005, 06:59 AM
I found a "bug" or more likely a glitch (not current patch related):

For example, if someone drops bombs with 8sec delay in multiplayer game, the delay information is not carried through to the spectating players who have spawned on a plane kilometers away. They see the bombs detonate the moment they hit the ground despite the set delay.

I understand this can be intentional bandwith saving compromise, as the events are not that important to player far away. But I think it would be better not to see the bombs drop at all than to get visible misinformation, if this is the case.

robert_line
01-20-2005, 06:28 PM
I just installed the new patch and suddenly none of the cannons work, just the machine guns. Has anyone else had this problem.

heywooood
01-20-2005, 08:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Van Alien:
still white shadows (especially palmtrees and ground-objects, some cars, others not...?) with Geforce 6600GT here (with various drivers), please fix it or is it possible to play without shadows (config.ini ?)
I dont need shadows with palmtrees, but when they are white, it starts hurting the eye
thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is a problem for me too....all ground objects that are not flyable or 'forrest' cast the bright white shadow.

Amd 3500+
asus k8v mobo
6600GT vid card
turtlebeach sound

I have turned off the shadows in config. but would rather see a fix....this is an Nvidia card after all.

Box-weasel
01-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Someone check this out for me:
I get no in cockpit sounds on any of the P-39 series when facing straight ahead. Turning L & R are Ok.

SBLive 3.4m 5.1 ATI

robert_line
01-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I figured out my cannon problem was, it was a game control hardware failure.

Flakenstien
01-23-2005, 02:46 AM
Same here with controller problem. After the patch install my joystick config went haywire???
Also noticed that I get kicked from Hyperlobby almost all the time after about 10 minutes.

Reinstalled and patched up to 3.03 and HL problem fixed, this boggles my mind especially since there is only one server that is running 3.03 now it is hard to test this anywhere else.

jurinko
01-24-2005, 04:33 AM
the village trees are of funny grey-green color, the airfield surface in the 6:30h morning mission with a haze in the valleys are of light grey-green colour. I will send the shots to PF bug adress.

Jaws2002
01-24-2005, 08:45 AM
There is a huge difference in cannon effectiveness between on line and off line.
it was there before but I think now is way to much.

raisen
01-28-2005, 07:18 AM
AI's station keeping when flying in formation seems worse, more mid air collisions. As has been pointed out elsewhere the AI's now seem less willing to boom and zoom, they seem only to turn fight.

PF merged install (FB+AEP+PF) version 3.04 running under Windows 2000 on AMD XP2400+ on an epox 8RDA+, with 1.5GB of RAM and Geforce 4 Ti 4200.

PF running in D3D 1034x768 mode, on excellent settings.

Frame rates do appear excellent, no noticable slow downs or stuttering.

Raisen

Aviar
02-05-2005, 09:50 AM
I found a small bug that mission builders may want to be aware of. The 'Type 94 Truck' in the Stationary Objects category cannot be padlocked.

E-mail sent to dev team.

Aviar

TheGozr
02-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Power engine of the Yak 3, Yak9U and UT are wrong. Yak 9U,UT Front window cockpit is wrong as well.

Vortex_uk
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Odd lighting on the island of Kronstdat (Spelling?) in the 'Gulf Of Finland 2'
(Winter Version).

HQ1
02-25-2005, 11:53 PM
I think Wfr.Gr.210mm's dimension and its projector are too small in FB/PF.Oleg could you review this 3D problem?

Maggi_4
03-04-2005, 04:59 PM
S!
1.WGf.Gr. 21 can be dropped just like fuel tank
2.By choosing WGf.Gr 21 outer cannons should not removed automatically. (and gunpods also)
3. 21 can be put on 109s too....

Willey
04-09-2005, 03:41 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Werre_Fsck
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM
Found a bug in I.A.R, the latest C model.
This was online.
Got my cockpit shot to hell, most gauges broke - but only the textures changed - the gauges LOOKED broken but were fully functional.
Handles still moving etc.

I tried to take a screenshot but the game hung (nice drivers nvidia).

darkhorizon11
04-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I don't think I need to post a picture since these ones are prevalent and they both involve the V1.

1. There is no splash when a V1 hits water. Just a small fireball. I mean a small one and no water effects. Maybe V1's did explode on impact with water but there would be no fire just an even bigger splash.

2. If I remember correctly the V1 couldn't be programmed to hit a specific target or point, they were just filled with enough fuel to get them to the target and when the fuel ran out they would crash into it. Our V1 do just that, run out of fuel and crash and they're not deadly accurate, in fact their not accurate at all which is realistic. The glitch is that RL V1s would shed their wings when they ran out of fuel automatically and essentially become a lawn dart. This made them more accurate since without their wings they'd only make it about an eighth of a mile further and were less effected by wind. Our V1s don't shed their wings just dive. I was hoping this could be fixed...

Their are graver bugs that NEED fixing than these things, but I thought I would just make UBI aware! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lixma
04-29-2005, 08:01 AM
I've had this one 4 times in a month of online play. v3.04m. During flight on a server the "mission loading" screen will appear for no reason whatsoever. I can still hear the game going on in the background but the only key that works is the escape key; and all that does is give me the option to quit.

Very annoying, and I can't think of a particular sequence of events that triggers it off.

MrOblongo
04-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Maybe im wrong but some fuel gauges seems to not work. I have personally fly a P400 from Port Moresby to Buna and back and the gauge still show 100% fuel in my tanks and after 300kms that seems a little wrong. Same for Me262 and maybe others, cant tell.

RogueSnake79
05-02-2005, 06:43 AM
I saw this the other night.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/RogueSnake79/IL2M_W050501_011556_C05050101155665.jpg

PF_Coastie
05-07-2005, 12:47 PM
Found a sound bug.

The M4A276 tanks have no sound when it is firing its gun.

Sending report.

NorrisMcWhirter
05-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Saw this bug tonight in a co-op. Beau is on the ground after a mid air collision removed the engine. If the plane were still rolling, you'd have seen the dust from the invisible wheel.

http://www.brayllo.plus.com/PF/bug.jpg

Norris

yoshimitsu12
10-21-2006, 04:03 AM
hi.i got a problem in singleplayer mission(standart mission editor).i got outclimbed and outspeeded.for example i fly an me262 against an yp80.and also if i fly an yp80 against an me262.the enemy climbes speeds up and goes in a slight right turn(could play this game for hours).i got fb,pf,aep on 4.04m.maybe someone could help me.u also could send answers to
gunshy@chello.at keyword il2
thanxs