PDA

View Full Version : PC:Banned for being to good Sore looser should not host dedicated server!

deadlyartist
05-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Banned for being to good this is whats killing multiplayer pc fps gaming. The Server is InColdBlood dedicated teamdeathmatch

P.S. Purchased my copy from steam because I felt it was a more secure service and should help curb cheating in this game.

My rig is custom built
Q6600 intel
P5w DH deluxe mobo
6gig 6400 memory
onboard sound
24" GateWay lcd
HD 3870 Sapphire Toxic 512mb crossfire enabled
Window Vista 64 ultimate

Inputs: Xbox360 controller,Lachesis and Razer Copperhead mouses
Upload speed 1.5 so I am an avid gamer and I play honest and clean.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk303/DeadlyArtist1/SoreLoosers.jpg

rogue_hart
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
That isn't killing it. The problem is not enough people play these types of fps mp anymore.

They don't play because of the lack of proper hosting, lack of content, lack of good programing, lack of enjoyable shooting mechanics.

With the amount of money ubisoft pump into there games, mp should be alot better. I think ubisoft should completely change rainbow six multiplayer to have 80 players per server, with 8 players on each team and multiple ojectives on bf size maps.

Rainbow six mp to me is about team work and ubisoft should incorporate that into what make cod4 or bf successful. Which is lots of players on the same map.

Dealer_0_Death
05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
don't feel bad, I got banned on a server the other day because I killed the admin with a grenade. three of the opposing team were bunched up, i saw their weapons sticking out from around the corner, tossed a grenade, next thing I know i'm banned. Encountered the admin on another server and asked about it, he said it was because I killed him too fast with the grenade and he thought that he should have just been wounded instead of dead.

Well....that makes me ask one question then...where do you get the 'slow' grenades???

GhostDance.2000
05-21-2008, 04:47 PM
With "slow" hosts?http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

GSG_9_Rage
05-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by rogue_hart:
With the amount of money ubisoft pump into there games, mp should be alot better. I think ubisoft should completely change rainbow six multiplayer to have 80 players per server, with 8 players on each team and multiple ojectives on bf size maps.

Rainbow six mp to me is about team work and ubisoft should incorporate that into what make cod4 or bf successful. Which is lots of players on the same map.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif The amount of players on the map has no correlation with the amount of teamwork. In fact, I see less teamwork in Battlefield than in most games. It's all about map design and multiplaer design. One thing that will help the teamwork is if you got rid of the damn respawns that plagues this series. If we brought it back to the old round style of play, there will be much more teamwork and more cooperation.

Lethal1940
05-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogue_hart:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif The amount of players on the map has no correlation with the amount of teamwork. In fact, I see less teamwork in Battlefield than in most games. It's all about map design and multiplaer design. One thing that will help the teamwork is if you got rid of the damn respawns that plagues this series. If we brought it back to the old round style of play, there will be much more teamwork and more cooperation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or at least an option to turn off respawns!!!

MD_Sennet
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
That isn't killing it. The problem is not enough people play these types of fps mp anymore.

They don't play because of the lack of proper hosting, lack of content, lack of good programing, lack of enjoyable shooting mechanics.

If they had never included respawns, the game would be much more popular.

Instead they segregate the audience, and ppl walk away after a few weeks because there's no servers.

rogue_hart
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:

Instead they segregate the audience, and ppl walk away after a few weeks because there's no servers.

I don't agree. I enjoyed playing raven shield but after playing bf2 i havn't spend much time playing game withouts respawns. Have you?

The problem isn't the use of respawns, it's that people respawn to close to the enermy causing spawn killing or been gayed after clearing the area behind you. You should respawn 1m behind a team mate, who's the furthest away from the enermy. Can ubi devs program that?

Most gamers don't want to play in teams. Just the way it is but if you had lots of players / teams on one server it would be easier for you to join up with like minded people.

oODmGOo
05-21-2008, 07:31 PM
worry not, ICB had a prior name in Graw1 and banned most of my former clan for the same thing. We heard many people from other clans getting the same treatment. Ultimately they were boycotted and changed their name to in cold blood. Everyone figured it out again and stopped playing with them.
I swear the admin must be 10 years old the way he acts.

GSG_9_Rage
05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD_Sennet:

I don't agree. I enjoyed playing raven shield but after playing bf2 i havn't spend much time playing game withouts respawns. Have you?

The problem isn't the use of respawns, it's that people respawn to close to the enermy causing spawn killing or been gayed after clearing the area behind you. You should respawn 1m behind a team mate, who's the furthest away from the enermy. Can ubi devs program that?

Most gamers don't want to play in teams. Just the way it is but if you had lots of players / teams on one server it would be easier for you to join up with like minded people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be possible to do that, but the problem is is that the maps are designed for CQC and they are way too small. Rainbow Six just wasn't intended for respawns.

Zimmer77
05-22-2008, 09:08 PM
ICB clan server in itself is an awful place to play. There rule consists of kicking players who are better then them for "clan" members because they "scare" away players.

Myself and 2 RL friends have all had this 1 hour ban from them, we try to not play on their server which should be named In Cold Scrubs.

neilthecellist
05-22-2008, 09:37 PM
JESUS! I'm sorry dude, that shouldn't happen to people who work and play hard in life as well as in video games.

MD_Sennet
05-23-2008, 12:38 AM
Dude, there is absolutely no comparison between the 2 types of games and there should be no connection as to the legitimacy of respawns. BF was designed for 60+ people, had vehicles, and maps that were 10 times the size of a typical rainbow six map. Respawns made sense.

In this game, respawns totally rape the spirit of what the franchise was always about, and the message that UBI sends by including such a boring, played out gametype is that they don't care about that tradition, that spirit, or that legacy.

It's an embarassment.

rogue_hart
05-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MD_Sennet:
Dude, there is absolutely no comparison between the 2 types of games and there should be no connection as to the legitimacy of respawns. BF was designed for 60+ people, had vehicles, and maps that were 10 times the size of a typical rainbow six map. Respawns made sense.

In this game, respawns totally rape the spirit of what the franchise was always about, and the message that UBI sends by including such a boring, played out gametype is that they don't care about that tradition, that spirit, or that legacy.

It's an embarassment.

I'm saying that there is no longer a moderate fan base for the 16 player, 2 teams, small map gameplay. Specially if you add no respawns. There is too much competition within this small market.

I don't see how respawns and large maps will destroy the 'tradition' or 'spirit'. It is not the use of respawns but how they have been used in ever rainbow six.

A simple hardcore mode that means you don't respawn until your whole team is dead will allow you to use tactics and teamwork more effectively.

More players, mores teams, more maps and more objectives in one round will allow rainbow six to have more team work, tactics and fun than the previous games have ever had.

deadlyartist
06-03-2008, 09:12 PM
PC servers these days must be run by teenagers I have encoutered my second banned by admin server this time the guilty Clan is Nos of being sore loosers. I use a xbox360 controller on pc and can own most everyone there I quess they don't like that.Close minded pc players when will you learn the controller is a very potent weapon when playing first person shooters grant it take practice and patience.

neilthecellist
06-03-2008, 09:30 PM
I find the mouse more effective at FPS's, but that's just me.

It's not just console-controller users that are getting banned, it's people like me (and probably others, e.g. DexLuther). Why are we being punished for being good?

That's like getting laid off from a job because you have a Ph.D.

deadlyartist
06-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah don't get me wrong I love the mouse and keyboard but I also like the rumble from the controller when I shoot or get shot.I tend to switch back and for from controller to mouse and keyboard. Its just after saying that I'am using a controller I tend to get kicked for being to good with it.

s-a-l-t-y
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by deadlyartist:
Yeah don't get me wrong I love the mouse and keyboard but I also like the rumble from the controller when I shoot or get shot.I tend to switch back and for from controller to mouse and keyboard. Its just after saying that I'am using a controller I tend to get kicked for being to good with it.

Enough already.....

there is no way that a console controller (alone) can beat a decent keyboard + mouse player ever (without using auto-aim etc.)

Period.

Either you're using a console controller along with a mouse/keyboard or something else is awry. Keyboard + Mouse will always own FPS, just the way it is.

Go to bed......you have to wake up in time for school! ;-p

the Monk

WhiteKnight77
06-03-2008, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MD_Sennet:

It's an embarassment.

I'm saying that there is no longer a moderate fan base for the 16 player, 2 teams, small map gameplay. Specially if you add no respawns. There is too much competition within this small market.

I don't see how respawns and large maps will destroy the 'tradition' or 'spirit'. It is not the use of respawns but how they have been used in ever rainbow six.

A simple hardcore mode that means you don't respawn until your whole team is dead will allow you to use tactics and teamwork more effectively.

More players, mores teams, more maps and more objectives in one round will allow rainbow six to have more team work, tactics and fun than the previous games have ever had. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rainbow Six was never about competing with games like BF or Doom or any other FPS. It was in it's own little corner of the gaming kingdom and had a faithful following of people who actually liked the gameplay of said games. No one is playing it now due to it's trying to compete with games like CoD or UT. R6 should go back to being a game that was all by itself and not try to be something for everyone that is obviously not working. Personally, I enjoy the small numbers of people that could play at one time. You could actually become friends with people and have a good time playing unlike the 80 player games with huge maps (and is one reason why I don't play MMORPGs).

SCE_Soultear
06-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I really dont know how people admin their servers and that is up to them.

Come join ours, you are more than welcome. We don't "ban" people unless they are known hackers. Might issue a "2minute kick" only to allow other members in but thats as bad as it gets with our servers. Might not like ours though "no respawns" and seems like SCE have the only 2 up in this mode.

WeaponX-Rico
06-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I understand ur point & pain Deadly Artist. I too, had been banned on a few servers as well, but I dont let them ruin my mood. I, on the other hand laugh about it, because I can tell how envious people can be. Good piece of advise is sit back and relax on the first game. Go your own route. That way, they wont say you are stealing their kills or following them. If this dont work, go pistol or shotgun. I usually try most of the pistols or shotguns for the fun of it. If any of this dont work, and still get banned. I got two words for them: Grow Up!!

deadlyartist
06-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by the_Monk-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadlyartist:

Enough already.....

there is no way that a console controller (alone) can beat a decent keyboard + mouse player ever (without using auto-aim etc.)

Period.

Either you're using a console controller along with a mouse/keyboard or something else is awry. Keyboard + Mouse will always own FPS, just the way it is.

the Monk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monk I at first took it that you were someone with commonsense on these boards but after your last post I now know you are not.

When will you realize that controllers have now been out for a decade plus and with the latest consoles have gotten better with time.Since 2000 plus fps have been on consoles and given anyone willing to learn advanteges over keyboard and mouse you would not even begin to understand with your close minded way of thinking.It takes practice and trust me I don't cheat I am just better than you or those that refuse to realize evolution is part of life,and that practice makes perfect or close to it.

neilthecellist
06-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by the_Monk-:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadlyartist:

Enough already.....

Period.

the Monk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stop trolling. Just because you like mouse and keyboard, doesn't mean it's great for EVERYONE. Please show some decency and allow yourself to be open with other people's views.

(By the way, trolling on these forums = User Banned)

oODmGOo
06-04-2008, 07:50 PM
he does have a point though....with shadowrun they tried mixing platforms and quickly learned that even the best at a controller cant compete with a noob and kb mouse....let alone hard core twitchy mouser.
It just isnt natural to have that much control with your thumbs. Ever wonder why they havent gone full bore with a kb and mouse in game for console???? That would be the next microwave.

SCE_Soultear
06-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Instead of starting a new thread(which i should but i won't).

No need to worry for the ones that get banned from servers. The wonderful UBI logon is bugged with Punkbuster. What do I mean? you asked.

Well say for instance you get banned from whatever server you might happen to be in. PB assigns a 32 digit GUID# to YOUR USERNAME? WTF!

All you have to do to get back into a the server you were banned from is logon with a different name. PB will assign ANOTHER 32 digit GUID# to your azz and you will be able to join once again.

Nice set-up UBI. pbbans.dat is ALMOST useless.

If admins want to perma-ban someone you will have to do it in the pbwebtool with :

pb_sv_banmask [ip address without the portxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

Maybe someone with authority around here might want to forward this to the right people and fix this issue.

Streaming your server to Punkbuster will be a waste of time. All hackers, soft modders will have to do is Log on with another user name. Great. pbbans (http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-vegas2-lfb29.html)

Tack this one up with the rest of the bugs.

oODmGOo
06-05-2008, 01:32 AM
i guess your not familiar with how ubi supports their games? Graw 1 never had modern anti cheat, and though we begged and pleaded for a year and nothing ever happened.....cept for that sad excuse for a sequel http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

neilthecellist
06-05-2008, 06:40 AM
GRAW 1 was developed by Grin Entertainment, not Ubisoft.

Same with GRAW 2.