PDA

View Full Version : Update on Graphics card ?

Ken_Det
10-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I thought over the addvice of a few people on this board, and desided to get a better computer for playing games on.
I've look at a lot of differnt rigs over the past few weeks.
I am really thinking about the XPS ser. by Dell.
What I'm looking at getting is as fallows.
(Dell XPS 600)
650W power supply
Intell Pentium 4 processor 630 with HT tec. (3.0GHz. 800FBS)
Window XP Home ser. pack 2
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz-2 DIMMs
256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX
320GB Performance (2X 160GB SATA HHDs dual hard drives)
Sound Blaster X-Fi w/Dolby Digital 5.1
19 inch Ultrasharp 1905FP Digital flat panel
With a few other goodys.

Thank you Professor1942, ytareh, M_A_N_I_A_C_, and -HH-Quazi, and others for your input on the rig I have right now.
The old Presario 5000.
Which is lacking in power, and graphics http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif
Any input on this rig I'm thinking about getting would be helpful.
I have until the 27th of this month to deside before the offer of no interest until Jan. 1st 2007 to pay it off.

VW-IceFire
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Looks pretty fantastic really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I personally would build it myself and I'd select AMD over Intel any day but you don't have an option with Dell for AMD so as far as things go there...it looks superb. Top notch. Enjoy!

fordfan25
10-21-2005, 10:50 PM
guy best advice i can give you is to build your own. its VERY easy. were not talking auto repair on a 2005 honda S2000. more like a entry level set of lego's. its VERY VERY easy. by doing this you will know just what is in there and you will have ALOT more flexabilty when upgradeing in the futer pluse depending on parts and were you get them you can save almost half on a build it your self. . if how ever you SET on getting a prefab then i can not recommend DELL any longer. there tech support IMHO has gone streaght to sh**. unless your from indea or pacastane lol. sence your talking about a XPS i will assume you have between 2 and 3 grand to drop so i would recommend a ailenwear or even a falcon. there built from the ground up for gameing by companys that have a primary goal of building gameing rigs. i have heard good things about Ibuypower.com.

as far as parts. i recommend AMD64's my self,pluse make dang sure "seeing as you are talking about top of the line" stuff you get 2 or more gig's of ram that way you dont have to fool around in a year with getting more. that card is top teir. my friend just got the GT version and he reports running FEAR full out 8AA and 16AF every thing max. wich is saying alot seeing as that game is THE bigst resource hog sence the dodge 360ci moter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

IF how ever you are stuck on DELL then that rig will be great with another gig. and you realy dont NEED 2 or more gigs now but seeing as that setup will be able to make full use of it when it is need'ed then id go ahead.

-HH-Quazi
10-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Would probably make a decent rig m8, with the cpu being the weakest link. I know 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB was at one time what everyone was aiming for. But these days and times, plus the fact that other, stronger, faster processors are available now and we have had enough time to test them with this sim, the 3.0GHz you listed will bottleneck you somewhat, not a whole lot, but somewhat, especially with the 7800GTX. Recent reviews showed that the AMD 64 3500+ was the lowest speed cpu that would allow the 7800GTX to give all it has to give, with the 3200+ starting to choke it down. Well the 3.0GHz in this rig you are thinking about purchasing is probably close to the equivalent of a AMD XP3000, and although the 7800 will still perform like a bangi, it will still be held back quite alot by the 3.0GHz cpu.

As far as playing the sim m8, the 3.0GHz cpu will suffice if you will run an Audigy 2 sound card so that the cpu will not have to render the onboard sound. This sim is so cpu intensive, that I would say that a 3.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache or an AMD 64 3500+ would be the least amount of cpu power to allow this sim to have all the processing power it needs. Not saying that the 3.0GHz will not run the game well enough, because we have m8s running on alot less. But if it were me and I was thinking about spending that much $$$ for a rig to run this sim with a 7800GTX, I would be wanting a stout enough cpu to get all I can get out of that card and this sim.

Now with all this said, remember, that Dell, HP, and the like are proprietary computers. They do not allow overclocking or the tweaking of the memory or FSB, which are good features to have. As your rig gets older and technology grows, you can generally keep up for quite a while longer by being able to tweak your components. Therefore, you should consider building your own rig. You will be able to have the same rig as you listed, with the fastest cpu, for alot less money than what that Dell will cost you. And with the support of this communitys' gurus, we can walk you through it easily m8. Just ask James Anders. Or better yet start a thread in the Help forum asking for those that built their own rig for the first time to post and they will tell you right away that these m8s walked them right through it. I am one of them myself. Never built any kind of computer. But I found enough help here that gave me the confidence that I could. And I did and ended up with a rig that would have cost well over $3000 if I purchased it ready built and retail. But instead, I built it and only ended up with $1800 in it.

Now this is just a suggestion. I, and others, understand if you would rather not for whatever reasons, because that is your decision. But if you would dare to venture there, we would be here to back you up and help you get it done. Plus the satisfaction of building your own gaming rig will be incredible no doubt.

I will say this, then I will quit. If you are determined to stay with the Dell you mentioned, try to get it wilth at least a 3.2GHz cpu m8 and use an Audigy 2 sound card. The rest of the components you listed look good.

fordfan25
10-22-2005, 12:27 AM
yes HH is right. i miss read your spec's as far as the cpu goes seeing a M$ thinks its being witty by nameing is cpu's with big sounding numers lol. yes lower that card down to the GT moddle or get a 6800gt/ultra and redirect some of that cash to a faster cpu. also as i said befor if you stuck on prebuilt check out ibuypower. last time i foold around i was able to configure a simuler pc there for right at 500 bucks cheaper than the top of the line dell and a good bit more than that compaired to ailenwear.

http://ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=136#header

play with the configuration and see what you can do.

i would go with a amd64bit 3500 cpu,6800gt,1gig ram,200gig HD,standerd mobo looked good and maby upgrade to the better PSU,leave out a monitor seeing as you already have one with your current pc, comes to about 900$ or so USA.

Ken_Det
10-22-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the input people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I have been doing more research on the processor I was going to get, and found that a better one will be the way to go.
I did think about building a rig, and priced all the stuff out there, man what a http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Talk about head spins http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
One of you mentiond the support with Dell was bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Try dealing with Compaq, and Microsoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
All though Microsoft is a little better, but still hard to understand some of the support team being foreign, and not speaking good english.
I still got some thinking to do on this matter.
Not haveing to pay in full untill Jan 1st 2007 dose sound good to me though.
Thanks again.
Kendall

Ken_Det
10-22-2005, 01:09 PM
My options for the processor are as fallows for the XPS
Pentium 4 630 HT 3.0GHz
4 640 HT 3.20GHz
4 650 HT 3.40GHz
4 660 HT 3.60GHz
4 670 HT 3.80GHz
D 830 dual core 3.0GHz
D 840 dual core 3.20GHz
Extreme daul core 3.20GHz

woofiedog
10-22-2005, 01:20 PM
-HH-Quazi & fordfan25... Thank's for all the info and tips... I took a little extra time in my homework on a New Rig and went with the Alienware. Will be finding out very soon how it's name holds up. LoL

Ken_Det... If your going for New Rig soon... I'd have a second look at Falcon or Alienware.
I have a Dell 8200 series now that is rebuilded as far as it can go with out changing the motherboard and it's been a Great machine.
But take a step back and checkout the other two company's offerings.
I was strongly leaning towards Falcon... but my resourses were more limited... so I went with Alienware.

Udidtoo
10-22-2005, 01:26 PM
There isn't anything wrong with the one your looking at and would be a dream machine I would imagine for many here. Still it will probably fall a bit short if your planning to fly the BoB when its released.

I'm also in the camp with those who advise to try and build your own but it can seem very daunting at 1st. I was a construction worker most of my life and you know what dumb grunts we are supposed to be but I took the plunge and you really can build one for a fraction of the cost for a comparable PC.

I hear from several friends that the heat issues have been addressed with the E series and the Prescott's. I have a 3.2 prescott myself and the stock cooling isn't enough even if your not going to over clock but I did learn how to build a very nice water cooling system after learning how to build this machine, lol.

ytareh
10-22-2005, 01:27 PM
I had a P4(2.8 and 3.2).AMD are SOOOOOooooo.... much better for gaming even a 3000 but 3500 is just great.Also making your own is quite easy.The actual putting it together is the simplest bit-all you need is a cross head screwdriver!!!!Researching what to buy(so thats its intercompatible) and in particular"formating"(installing Windows)can be a little bit tricky but theres a LOT of help here and elsewhere.Few would recommend a Dell...they like most ready mades are poor for upgrading in the future and their customer support is...well...desperate!

Ken_Det
10-22-2005, 01:54 PM
Probibly in 2 years, all the stuff on this state of the art rig will be out of date.
But then my Presario 5000 is way out of date being I bought it in 2002, and the bad thing is the power suplly is only 235W.
Bad for upgrading.
As far as the upgrading go's.
This is whats on the XPS.
3 PCI slots.
1 PCIe x1 slot.
2 PCIe x16 (graphics) slots.
4 DIMM slots for memory.
Think of how 2 7800GTx would be for gameing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
What is this BoB you are talking about Udidtoo?
Oh, fordfan25.
I checked out ibuy, and the rig I configuard to be about the same as what I'm looking at is about the same price.

fordfan25
10-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Ken_Det:
Probibly in 2 years, all the stuff on this state of the art rig will be out of date.
But then my Presario 5000 is way out of date being I bought it in 2002, and the bad thing is the power suplly is only 235W.
Bad for upgrading.
3 PCI slots.
1 PCIe x1 slot.
4 DIMM slots for memory.
Think of how 2 7800GTx would be for gameing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif
Oh, fordfan25.
I checked out ibuy, and the rig I configuard to be about the same as what I'm looking at is about the same price.

same price as what? alien wear?

Zeus-cat
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Dell's are good machines, until you try to upgrade. A royal pain in the butt at that point unless you buy the Dell upgrade hardware, which I found to be pricy. Build your own if possible.

Zeus-cat

heywooood
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
dont go DEll unless you plan to buy a whole new rig in 3 years or dont care to upgrade ever.

Its a Mcputer and as such is decent today.

The problem quickly becomes tomorrow.

If you dont care to keep up - then buy the Dell and use it for the next 6 years and then toss it.

Those specs aren't bad at all...today.

Fox_4
10-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I don't know how out of date this info is, but as I understand it Dell use (or have used) proprietary components in their PCs, which are of unusual shapes/sizes etc. so that you can't replace them with other components unless they're the ones sold by Dell. So that's not good for upgrading.

HoneySeeker
10-22-2005, 04:58 PM
That's certainly not the case now, and hasn't been for some time (I remember upgrading a Dell with off-the-shelf components back when PIIs were the ne plus ultra).

Having said that, except for certain particular uses (and gaming doesn't seem to be one of them), the current crop of Intel processors seem to get spanked by the equivalent AMDs.

Fox_4
10-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by HoneySeeker:
That's certainly not the case now, and hasn't been for some time (I remember upgrading a Dell with off-the-shelf components back when PIIs were the ne plus ultra).

Having said that, except for certain particular uses (and gaming doesn't seem to be one of them), the current crop of Intel processors seem to get spanked by the equivalent AMDs.

Well, I do know for sure that they started doing it a good while after the days of the Pentium 2. I just meant that I'm not sure if they still do it, my information is probably about a year old.

fordfan25
10-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by HoneySeeker:

my dell p4 1.6 had propriatary parts. MOBO,PSU. the mobo would only suport up to a 2.0g cpu. after that i needed a mobo and that would only get me to a 2.8 and would requir a new PSU acording to dell. after that id need a new case. i said by to dell and built my own and am glad i did so far. i plan to upgrade my cpu from a 300064amd to a 3700 in about 6 to 8 mounths from there it will be a pciE based system probly one of those new 940 bords there going to come out with.

Ken_Det
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by fordfan25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken_Det:
Bad for upgrading.
3 PCI slots.
1 PCIe x1 slot.
4 DIMM slots for memory.
Oh, fordfan25.

same price as what? alien wear? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That weould be ibuypower computer.
There was a link a few post back.

Ken_Det
10-22-2005, 07:57 PM
As for the upgrading.
Innovation Quite Case Technology with 6 cooling fans built with room to upgrade, and expand down the road.
650W power, do I realy need more?
4 slots for RAM, that means 4GB of possible memory.
A 2nd slot for graphics, 2x 7800GTX possibiltys.
Replacing the processor is not that hard.
3 external drive bays.
1 floppy bay.
3 Internal 3.5inch bays for hard drives, really dont need more than that.
It has on board sound, or can get the latest sound blaster.
What else would I really need to upgrade.

HoneySeeker
10-23-2005, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by fordfan25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoneySeeker:

my dell p4 1.6 had propriatary parts. MOBO,PSU. the mobo would only suport up to a 2.0g cpu. after that i needed a mobo and that would only get me to a 2.8 and would requir a new PSU acording to dell. after that id need a new case. i said by to dell and built my own and am glad i did so far. i plan to upgrade my cpu from a 300064amd to a 3700 in about 6 to 8 mounths from there it will be a pciE based system probly one of those new 940 bords there going to come out with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Aye, I'll grant you that, but I've always found that by the time the mobo needs updating, everything else does too - so it's cheaper to spec out a new box from scratch, and relegate the old one to a secondary role (always good to have something like a spare Linux box to play with).

codeseven7
10-23-2005, 02:50 PM
I bought a 'top o the line' Gateway PC, bought my first flight sim and soon realized I needed to start upgrading/overclocking to keep up. Unfortunately, this 'namebrand' PC was very limiting as far as what I could do to improve it (low max memory, no OC'ing the mobo or upgrading the CPU) so I spent the next few years in frustration waiting for it to finaly crapout. When it did, I decided to build my first computer, using sites like overclockers, DFI-STREET, HardOcp and the many PC build guides out there for info/help and I purchaced all my components online.

Turns out it was much easier than I expected and saved me well over a thousand dollars! Now my PC kicks *** AND is fully capable of being upgraded and overclocked. I'll never buy another namebrand computer again.

My PC snapped together easier than LEGO's and ran like a charm right off the bat, couldn't be happier. Here are the components I used (yes, I realize these components are/were expensive, but some of them are nearly half the price now of what I paid for them only 3 months ago!). Just do it, you wont be dissapointed!

DFI LP NF4 SLI-DR (BIOS 623-3)
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 939 90nm 1mb L2 cache
2GB (2x1GB) Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC4000
1-BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256mb
WD 74 Gb SATA 10,000 rpm Raptor
NEC 3540A DVD RW
Mitsumi Floppy 7 in 1 USB Card Reader/Smart Media
Crappy Soundblaster Live Value (Creative X-FI, when it's x64 drivers come out)
PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510 SLI
Lian Li PC-60B Plus case
XP x64 Pro

Blottogg
10-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Blotto's .02:

An alternative to building your own would be to research local computer shops and have them assemble it for you. It will give you experience picking components, while still giving you some expertise to consult if/when things go wrong. Local shops will be hard pressed to match the prices of Dell though. Buying components on-line and paying a local shop $200 to assemble them and get the computer up and running would trim the cost some though.

Quazi, the X-Fi he has listed has even lower CPU loads than the Audigy 2 ZS from the reviews I've read. My hearing is bad enough that it probably couldn't discern the X-Fi's better signal to noise ratio, but the CPU load and additional audio options make it sound like a good choice.

A note on adding another 7800 later. Unless things have changed for SLI, the additional card will have to be the same model number as the first card. Check with Dell to see what they're putting in your box to help figure out if it will still be available down the road.

I'll also put a word in for Alienware. Their prices are usually better than FalconNW, and their component choices are good. I grew to dislike their "dipped in plastic" case, but they've got a new case available now. Some have had problems with their tech support, but my experiences with their techs have all been good.

The BoB everyone is referring to is Oleg's next sim, The Battle of Britain. I would advise you to buy your system on what games you're playing now, and not worry too much about BoB. It's not due out until at least the second half of 2006, and I haven't seen any solid information on what hardware it will require/support. There will no doubt be at least another generation of CPU's, GPU's, and motherboards out before BoB.

Good luck, and enjoy the new machine, whichever route you go.

Ken_Det
10-25-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks Blottogg, and others on the input.
I thought long, and hard on this matter.
Some will like my choice, and others will not.
But this is what I will be getting.

Dell XPS 600
Nforce4 SLI mother board.
Pentium 4 processor 650 with HT Tec. (3.40GHz, 800 FBS)
XP Home ser. pack 2.
2GB dual channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz-4 DIMMs.
250GB ATA serial hard drive (7200RPM)
256MB Nvidia Geforce 7800 GTX.
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) W/Dolby Digital 5.1
Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive+48x CD-RW Drive.
Dell 5650 5.1 100w suround sound speaker system with sub woofer.
56K PCI Telephony Modem.
19 inch Ultrasharp 1905FP Digital Flat Panel.
And extra stuff to.
I saved $470.00 on this rig with copons, and specials.

Odranoel1
10-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Few hints to you:

Why pay the premium for a 3.4 GHz PIV when it is so easy to overclock a 3 GHz CPU by 13%?
If you are planning to keep the system for some time, I would wait go for the 512MB version of the 7800 GTX (due out in the next few days.). IL2 probably won't need it, but other games might in 1 year or so (I only play IL2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

Basically, I think you're getting a great rig, but the safe "Dell/Intel" bet is costing you some price/performance versus an AMD-based alternative. If you feel you're making it up enough with rebates, then go go go!
Enjoy it and good flying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ken_Det
10-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks odranoel1.
I play IL2 alot my self http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Along with some less demanding games too.
This rig is one heck of a leap forward from what I have now.
Copaq Presario 5000, Intell P4 1.8GHz,512MB PC2100 DDR, 64MB GeForce2 MX, 80GB UltraDMA Hard Drive, Sound Max Intergrated Digital Adio.
Its way out of date, but dose ok with Il2.

HARRIER_401
10-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Dell is junk 64 is the way to go that rig is way over priced you can get a way better rig for the money. You didnt do your home work.

pedatorgamingpc.com

Ken_Det
10-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Oh I've done my home work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I've looked at a lot of rigs over the past month.
Not to mention building my own.
There are people who like Penium's,and there are people who like 64's.
I have no problems with the P4 I have now with the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
As far as the price goe's I think I got a good deal for what I'm getting.
Oh shur I could of build my own for less, but by the time I finished it probly be out of date http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
Its not like you are going to be playing games on my computer any way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
I started this post to ask for input, not your bashing of what I'm getting.
If you dont like Dell, dont get one.

Originally posted by HARRIER_401:
Dell is junk 64 is the way to go that rig is way over priced you can get a way better rig for the money. You didnt do your home work.

pedatorgamingpc.com

Jumoschwanz
10-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Well I am not bashing you for buying a Dell. I just feel sorry for those who spend a lot more than they have to. You said by the time you would biuld your own it would be out of date, I guess because you have never done it before and would have to learn as you went along. If you are not willing to, or are afraid to leap into building it yourself, then you are certainly stuck being a mere consumer of what is put in front of you.

"Friends don't let friends buy ready-built computers"

It would be nice if you knew someone computer savvy to help you, but that must not be the case. I could never let a friend or relative take it in the a s s like that, when I could give them the same for half the money. But then again, some do live in a world where money is not an issue.

So if you have no personal options and the money is not an issue then consume away. Those who are computer savvy and really in the know just cannot imagine doing what you are going to do, for them it is like something they would be made to do on Fear Factor: "you must go into this Dell/Gateway boutique and pick out a computer...." Arghhhhhh..noooooooooooooo.......

Did you ever talk to Dell support? Make sure you have an easy time with foriegn accents.

Good luck.

BaldieJr
10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
To whom it may concern,

I started in the 70's with an Atari personal computer. I never bought another one, nor did I upgrade untill 286's became the latest greatest.

Since then I've upgraded. I upgraded. And I've upgraded.

This is what you do when you get stuck with x86.

If you can afford a new PC every 3 years, DO THAT. Don't muck about with homebrewed half-computers (just two more paychecks before I get ram!) unless you just like being frustrated.

Buy the best ****ed computer you can get and if the warranty does not cover 3 years, buy enough warranty to make up the difference.

Enjoy your computer, and call the maker every hiccup you encounter.

Don't build you own pc unless you just like having to tinker with the stupid thing all the time.

Leasing options. Thats what sound good right about now.

lbhskier37
10-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Lots have chimmed in on their opinions about various computer companys and such, I don't really have anything personal about dell, they make computers that are just as solid as any of the other big retailers. Although you could build a better system cheaper, there is something to be said about actually having tech support and descent warrantees. If you have all the time in the world building a computer is fun and rewarding, but if you value your time, buying a turnkey system can definitly be the better deal. As for my recommendations, Dell is great for just about anything else, but for gaming they aren't. The fact is right now that the A64 is far better than any Intel chip for gaming, plus they are cheaper and run cooler. If you are getting a system that you want to game with for a long time, the best investment is in a A64 system. The Pentium chips are at the end of their road, what is out now is the fastest the Pentium 4 (or pentium D or whatever the heck they call it now) will ever be, while AMD has chips coming out later this year and next year that will be even faster yet than the current offerings from Intel. In summary if you want a computer to give you the best gaming experience you go with an AMD chip, if anyone tells you otherwise they don't know what they are talking about or are just an Intel fanboy. (note I have an Intel system because when I bought mine 2 years ago no AMD chip could touch it).

fordfan25
10-27-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Well I am not bashing you for buying a Dell. I just feel sorry for those who spend a lot more than they have to. You said by the time you would biuld your own it would be out of date, I guess because you have never done it before and would have to learn as you went along. If you are not willing to, or are afraid to leap into building it yourself, then you are certainly stuck being a mere consumer of what is put in front of you.

It would be nice if you knew someone computer savvy to help you, but that must not be the case. I could never let a friend or relative take it in the a s s like that, when I could give them the same for half the money. But then again, some do live in a world where money is not an issue.

So if you have no personal options and the money is not an issue then consume away. Those who are computer savvy and really in the know just cannot imagine doing what you are going to do, for them it is like something they would be made to do on Fear Factor: "you must go into this Dell/Gateway boutique and pick out a computer...." Arghhhhhh..noooooooooooooo.......

Did you ever talk to Dell support? Make sure you have an easy time with foriegn accents.

Good luck.

yes i agree dell tech suport is a joke and is the resone i will no longer recommend them. my first PC was a dell i got about 3 or 4 years ago. when i bought my dell the tech suport was great. the reps were helpful as well as curtiuse. about 2 years later thay started doing that BS out source to indea. after thay did that not only did i spend half the time tryn to figure out WTF the ****** was saying but i spent the other half wasting my time because by the end of the phone call i had receaved NO actual helpful salutions and would end up eather A: doing a reformate or B: comeing hear and getting help from the MUCH better tech suport known as steveV,HH-Quazia,luckyboy,ect in the comunity help forum. Dell has stated that by out sourceing thay save mony that thay pass on to the consumer...BS there prices have not droped one bit only amri's have lost there jobs to FAR less qulified people half way around the world.

also be prepaired. curtisy and customer respect are not in DELL's tech support's vocab...how ever there sales people are just as sweet as can be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

but at any rate good luck i hope it all works out well 4 u

i swear this is an almost word for word call i made to dell tech. injoy... " Mild Audible Explicit Language"

http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/192820

also http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/267536

part two to the nightmare lol

HARRIER_401
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Well I am not bashing you for buying a Dell.

Just like friends dont let friends drink Starbucks.

Like I said before you didnt do your home work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

jermin122
10-28-2005, 02:14 AM
What can I say? PC components are so cheap in US!

Ken_Det
10-28-2005, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by HARRIER_401:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jumoschwanz:
Well I am not bashing you for buying a Dell.

Just like friends dont let friends drink Starbucks.

Like I said before you didnt do your home work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think I need you to hear that a few more times.
It has not sunk in yet http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1241.gif