PDA

View Full Version : have the spit cannons and muchine gun the same projectile velocity?

raaaid
05-31-2007, 05:29 AM
i mean if you make a high deflection shot can you hit foe with both cannons and mg at the same time?

Deadmeat313
05-31-2007, 05:30 AM
They are very similar, and that is why they were fitted together on that plane IIRC.

It allows you to target with your MGs, then open up with the cannons when you're pretty sure you're going to hit.

T.

raaaid
05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
i think im gonna adjust my aiming using only mg and when i memorize deflection ill switch back to both weapons

i think tracers delay ruins gunnery so i wanna start ignoring them

because i suppose there isnt any option to turn tracers off

WOLFMondo
05-31-2007, 06:55 AM
THere not that similar. Hence why the .50 was employed later on.

Xiolablu3
05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
I usually fire all the wepons at once on a Spitfire, you have a massive spread as they are not exactly the same.

I find in other planes I sometimes haev trouble hitting after flying a SPitfire and FW190 because you get used to such a powerful 'spray' of fire from both these planes.

Then you get into an La5, P47 or a Bf109 and you have to be much more precise with your aiming.

Lurch1962
05-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Raaaid,
If you're using tracers to aim, you're doing it all wrong. Always rely on the sight picture... put the pipper where you think the enemy plane and bullets will converge. (But I'm sure you know this already. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif)

Skeet shooters don't have tracers in their shot shells, yet some can be deadly proficient. Think like a skeet shooter!

The essentials of deflection shooting can be learned most rapidly when flying the 8- or 12-MG Hurricane. The twinkling splatter of a cloud of .303's is quite evident even at long range and with quite brief bursts (0.3 - 0.5 second). Aim, squirt, and keep the sight picture unchanging as much as possible while waiting for your package to arrive "airmail" at the other end.

--Lurch--