PDA

View Full Version : Cool DM effects

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:56 PM
While I do have my issues with the FB DM, never let it be said that I do not give credit where credit is due.

Last night I was on the QMB practicing my bomber attack tactics. I had just made a dive and up attack pass from the rear against a PE2, which basically disintegrated in front of me. The 190 is a great bomber disposal tool. Anyways, as my a/c flew through the debris, a complete PE2 prop assembly flew through air directly in front of my plane. It scared the daylights out of me. Events like this give this game a special flavor which I have not seen since RB3D.

Share your DM "war stories" here. I'd be interested to read them.

BTW, the problem of excessive defensive gunner accuracy, as obvious as it is, can be reduced very considerably by keeping one's speed up in the attack passes. Saddling up behind a bomber at 350kph will get your beautiful fighter convereted into a smoking colander in no time flat. Make your passes at 500kph and the defensive gunners (at least the AVERAGE ones) won't touch you.

Blutarski

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 03:56 PM
While I do have my issues with the FB DM, never let it be said that I do not give credit where credit is due.

Last night I was on the QMB practicing my bomber attack tactics. I had just made a dive and up attack pass from the rear against a PE2, which basically disintegrated in front of me. The 190 is a great bomber disposal tool. Anyways, as my a/c flew through the debris, a complete PE2 prop assembly flew through air directly in front of my plane. It scared the daylights out of me. Events like this give this game a special flavor which I have not seen since RB3D.

Share your DM "war stories" here. I'd be interested to read them.

BTW, the problem of excessive defensive gunner accuracy, as obvious as it is, can be reduced very considerably by keeping one's speed up in the attack passes. Saddling up behind a bomber at 350kph will get your beautiful fighter convereted into a smoking colander in no time flat. Make your passes at 500kph and the defensive gunners (at least the AVERAGE ones) won't touch you.

Blutarski