PDA

View Full Version : Heinkel 51, how about one in the next patch?

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 10:39 AM
I just read Adolf Galland`s book "Die Ersten und die Letzten". In the Spanish civil war the slow '51' was really sturdy, though outclassed by the Rata and Curtiss. They flew in swimming truncks for the heat and were covered in engine-oil and gunsmoke residue after each flight with blooddied knuckles for the guns, which had to be cocked after each long burst. He did not shoot down a single enemy, but was hit countless of times, having had the same craft for his whole 300 missions with every single panel changed because of damage. He was sorry to say goodbye to his '51', no. 78, and reflected that it was strange how one could get attached to a dead piece of matter. So if its not too much trouble, please.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 10:39 AM
I just read Adolf Galland`s book "Die Ersten und die Letzten". In the Spanish civil war the slow '51' was really sturdy, though outclassed by the Rata and Curtiss. They flew in swimming truncks for the heat and were covered in engine-oil and gunsmoke residue after each flight with blooddied knuckles for the guns, which had to be cocked after each long burst. He did not shoot down a single enemy, but was hit countless of times, having had the same craft for his whole 300 missions with every single panel changed because of damage. He was sorry to say goodbye to his '51', no. 78, and reflected that it was strange how one could get attached to a dead piece of matter. So if its not too much trouble, please.

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Ok. Any SCW is welcome.

The He 51 was totally outclassed in SCW by the Republican I-15s, being soon relegated to other duties by the faster Fiat CR.32 "Chirri".

Anyway, they were still active in training and ground support duties by Sept. 1939.

A must. One more for my list, with CR.32, I-15, Hs 123 and He 112 (this latter serving with the Romanians in the Eastern Front...). /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

- Dux Corvan -

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_hawkeye.jpg (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Good idea !

Would add greatly to the Spanish Civil War set.

Could also be used in Luftwaffe school scenarios for scripted campaigns etc.

I also (yawn, once again) like to suggest that the Henschel Hs 123 be done. That would be a cool little biplane to add and it really flew up to 1944.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 11:52 AM
Theres a lot of early stuff and various liason aircraft that were used on the Eastern Front. Aircraft like the Hs123 & 126, early Heinkels, CR42 Falco, MC200 Saetta, I-5, I-15 & I-152 would also be nice to see, even as A1.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Don't forget the Ar234, and Hs129

Cheers,

Fafnir_6