PDA

View Full Version : pc freeze when joins multiplayer il2

capecastle
11-01-2004, 11:40 PM
When I try to join og create at multiplayer game the PC suddenly freeze when connecting. It's like the game use all resources. The pc reacting in slowmotion and even if I close the game the pc use a long time to perform a simple task like opening a window.
do anyone knows what is wrong?
PC: 1200 thunderbird athlon, 384 ram, Gforce4 card, winxp home, 512/512 cable connection.

Capecastle

capecastle
11-01-2004, 11:40 PM
When I try to join og create at multiplayer game the PC suddenly freeze when connecting. It's like the game use all resources. The pc reacting in slowmotion and even if I close the game the pc use a long time to perform a simple task like opening a window.
do anyone knows what is wrong?
PC: 1200 thunderbird athlon, 384 ram, Gforce4 card, winxp home, 512/512 cable connection.

Capecastle

Capt.LoneRanger
11-02-2004, 03:09 AM
You have only <512MB in your rig. Your computer is probably sweating while using a LOAD of HDD-space - your slow CPU is probably slowing it down even more. You can bet IL2 takes all the resources your rig has!

Flying online needs a few more resources than the QMB. I'd suggest you give the game a bit more time to load all the neccessary stuff. It also needs a bit to connect, then load the mission and prepared to load the skins and modules into your memory. Depending on what mission you join online, the load of targets (just for example) may be simply too much for your PC.

Capt.LoneRanger
11-02-2004, 03:12 AM
PS: You shouldn't use WinXP with anything lower than a 1700MHz CPU and <512MB RAM. Below that, XP slows the computer down, as XP itself needs more resources than your computer has to offer.

My suggestion: Get yourself Win98 or Win2k. You'll probably even have less problems with playing online, then.

capecastle
11-02-2004, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the reply. A new computer is coming up.