PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 in game problem with airplane.

son-in-law
10-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Question,

I've been playing this game for more then a year now, already graduated for Basic Flight School at joint Ops, but having a little problem now all of a sudden.

I can't get my airplane level anymore, what I mean is: When I am flying straight forward and I release my joystick, my right wing goes a little in the air causing the airplane to head to the left. I didn't had this problem in the past.

Things I already tried to solve this problem:

-Tried another joystick, problem remains.
-Tried without joystick, problem remains.
-Trim doesn't solve the problem, seems to have no effect at all.

Someone has an idea to help me out? Thanks in advance.

Vanderstok
10-02-2007, 03:33 AM
Have you changed the difficulty level? Torque effects can cause this effect. You need to trim to counter-balance.

M_Gunz
10-02-2007, 04:12 AM
If your plane has rudder trim then you might try to trim it out with that.
If not then you need to hold rudder which is why pedals are better than a twisty stick.

Skycat_2
10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
Your computer's motherboard isn't parallel with the center of the earth so gravity isn't evenly distributed across your monitor's display. Try tipping your computer's case slightly to the right by wedging small objects under your it. I use Canadian coins and a 30.06 cartridge, but an old pen or a Dr. Suess book would probably work just as well.

Seriously though, maybe the plane you are having problems with doesn't have trim. Also, have you checked the calibration of your joystick?

Skunk_438RCAF
10-02-2007, 09:10 AM
You have to press the trim keys more than once to get your aircraft trimmed properly.

I have seen this in the past, where a new player joined our squadron and he kept saying that his airplane always pulled left. We asked him if he trimmed and he said "yes, I pressed the trim right key already and nothing happened". It took us a while to figure out he had only pressed on it ONCE and thought the plane would trim itself out.

This sim is very trim intensive. Elevator has to be trimmed with speed changes, and rudder has to be trimmed with throttle/prop pitch changes. Aileron trim is near useless if you have the other two down okay.

To trim elevator, keep pressing trim until you no longer have to hold the joystick to fly level.

For rudder, watch the ball in the slip indicator and try to keep it centered. If you do those two things you can fly virtually hands off.

son-in-law
10-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Thx for all your replies, but I checked all things you mention. At Joint Ops you learn how to use trim, so I know that you don't press 1 time to see the effect of trim. Unfortunately trim doesn't respond to this problem.

I'm now talking about the LA7. Haven't had any problems before.

Could try those Canadian coins tough, these euros here in Europe won't do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif