PDA

View Full Version : New to IL-2 - Having Trim problem - Help

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 01:05 AM
All

Got a little tired of fs2002 and decided to try. Well, Im loving the action but having a heck of a time getting the trim adjusted. I will get the plane trimmed on a cruise and then move into a dive and it takes forever to get the trim adjusted. In all planes it there is a delay once the trim is applied so consequently I end up giving it too much. Any suggestions? Im using a Saitek x35 and have had this for a few years and it works well. If I dont get trimmed I have a difficult time lining up with the target because Im fighting the stick. I do think my sensitivity on the pitch and roll is a little high which probably adds to the fight. Anyone have some good settings in the games joystick config?
Any help would be appreciated. Also I was just wondering since there are so many planes what are the favorites and why? Thanks for any help you can offer

Regards
BobG

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 01:05 AM
All

Got a little tired of fs2002 and decided to try. Well, Im loving the action but having a heck of a time getting the trim adjusted. I will get the plane trimmed on a cruise and then move into a dive and it takes forever to get the trim adjusted. In all planes it there is a delay once the trim is applied so consequently I end up giving it too much. Any suggestions? Im using a Saitek x35 and have had this for a few years and it works well. If I dont get trimmed I have a difficult time lining up with the target because Im fighting the stick. I do think my sensitivity on the pitch and roll is a little high which probably adds to the fight. Anyone have some good settings in the games joystick config?
Any help would be appreciated. Also I was just wondering since there are so many planes what are the favorites and why? Thanks for any help you can offer

Regards
BobG

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 01:17 AM
First of all, welcome aboard. You will find much help and interesting tidbits on this forum.

Trim: Since IL-2 Sturmovick the trim has been remodelled in Forgotton Battles. It reacts much more slowly. No real advise here, maybe someone else will have some ideas.

Pitch, Roll & Yaw: Go into your control setup and find the Input menu. Try using the values below. It may help.

1. For those who experience difficulties controlling aircraft with the default joystick profile (axis sensitivity curves in the Input menu), we provide sensitivity curves that we found more suitable for most of the modern input devices.

To set up the curves, go to the Input menu under the Hardware Setup in the Main Menu, and adjust the values according the following chart:

Pitch:

0 5 10 17 25 33 43 54 71 100

Roll:

0 3 7 15 25 35 50 66 84 100

Yaw:

0 8 19 29 39 51 62 75 86 100

P.S. Since you metioned trim...you will soon meet Ray Ban Jockey. He will have advise on trim. He has advise on everything. Most of us take it with a grain of salt. (The size of the Dead Sea)

Welcome again. Enjoy the best flight sim ever!

*****Only left handed people are in their right minds.*****

<center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/P-40MWARHAWK.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:11 AM
Thanks for the advise and I am impressed with this sim. I am though eagerly awaiting LOCK-ON.

Thanks again and am awaiting the advise of Ray Ban Jockey.
Is he any relation to Ray Ban Sunglasses (-:

BobG

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:19 AM
BG52 wrote:
- I was just
- wondering since there are so many planes what are
- the favorites and why?

Welcome aboard.
Let the trim settle down a bit between adjustments.

I like the P-39N1 - it's a nimble tap dancer once you get use to it. It had a hellacious snap roll in IL2 but that's gone now.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Bun-Bun

<center>
http://home.comcast.net/~argylestransom/Pics/p-39Q.jpg

</center>