PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood game improvements suggestions

liolix
03-31-2011, 12:22 PM
I just wanted to point out few things. I am not a big gamer and probably ACB is one of the few games I played.
The game is beautifully designed, researched, music - everything is perfect.
The big problem of the game - it is really annoying. I'm not talking about small and stupid things like 100% sync because of don't kill anyone or something like that. The biggest problem is usability of the game. Its rather a combination of things.
1. On a mission "an apple a day" - you get a sequence where the guy screams "I want the apple, give me...", then annoying crying.. - Ok, fine, play it once and that's it - what's the point of looping the audio - to get on our nerves?
2. In the same sequence - don't kill anyone - well, I can clearly see Ubisoft amended UI so that the guards stand still on the same spot without moving - which is not normal, taking into consideration that the majority of time they walk from place to place - annoying.
3. When u start the game: u get a main map, then tunnel map. Well, what a pain it is trying to figure out where I am actually going when the main map and tunnel map are not overlaid together?
4. Mission where u fly Leonardo's plane with cannon - it does have an invisible wall that if you touch it - u get desynced - annoying - cause I shot all the cannons and then accidently flew into that wall and got desynced - result - do the whole thing all over again. Please note that the bit where u are chasing the messenger on a horse - that invisible wall is appropriate - because if u don't kill him - he escapes.
5. The amount of buttons you need to press to skip the cinematic
6. Mission restart - annoying loading time.
7. A mission where u dress up as French soldier and need to kill the guards on the road - mega-super-annoying. It goes against the games idea - freedom of actions performed in the game - I tried to kill the guards in several possible ways, with poison darts etc. and other ways about 15 ties and I only succeeded when I did it the Ubisoft way - well, I'm sorry - that is annoying
8. A mission where u need to kill 20 guards without being detected - again, AI detected me only because I had like 16/20 killed and the 17 guard turned around when I was behind the fence - detected - then desynced - all over again- annoying.
9. The biggest problem is the feeling you get playing the game. You expect something to happen as a result of your actions in the game play - but it just simply doesn't happen or happens in the way you wouldn't normally expect and then you end up thinking - wtf?!
Basically - it's all small things like that which make the experience a bit unpleasant.

So, if Ubisoft are planning to release another instalment of the game - I suggest you guys hire some more game testers and listen to their feedback carefully - don't ignore when your game testers throw joysticks around the office or break something after playing another mission of the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Then, the game will be truly amazing!!!

P.S. I don't really get pleasure from writing this as I really like the game but at the same time all these annoying things and many other small issues, which I can't remember all as I'm writing, made me do it. Don't get me wrong - I do understand that making the game's walkthrough simple - will simply devalue the game - keep it challenging - but test it properly before the release.

P.P.S. Finally, Ubisoft, follow people on youtube, the videos of the walk-throughs they post and read some comments - this will give you an idea of what need to be fixed...

thebutcherhead
03-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by liolix:
I just wanted to point out few things. I am not a big gamer and probably ACB is one of the few games I played.
The game is beautifully designed, researched, music - everything is perfect.
The big problem of the game - it is really annoying. I'm not talking about small and stupid things like 100% sync because of don't kill anyone or something like that. The biggest problem is usability of the game. Its rather a combination of things.
1. On a mission "an apple a day" - you get a sequence where the guy screams "I want the apple, give me...", then annoying crying.. - Ok, fine, play it once and that's it - what's the point of looping the audio - to get on our nerves?
2. In the same sequence - don't kill anyone - well, I can clearly see Ubisoft amended UI so that the guards stand still on the same spot without moving - which is not normal, taking into consideration that the majority of time they walk from place to place - annoying.
3. When u start the game: u get a main map, then tunnel map. Well, what a pain it is trying to figure out where I am actually going when the main map and tunnel map are not overlaid together?
4. Mission where u fly Leonardo's plane with cannon - it does have an invisible wall that if you touch it - u get desynced - annoying - cause I shot all the cannons and then accidently flew into that wall and got desynced - result - do the whole thing all over again. Please note that the bit where u are chasing the messenger on a horse - that invisible wall is appropriate - because if u don't kill him - he escapes.
5. The amount of buttons you need to press to skip the cinematic
6. Mission restart - annoying loading time.
7. A mission where u dress up as French soldier and need to kill the guards on the road - mega-super-annoying. It goes against the games idea - freedom of actions performed in the game - I tried to kill the guards in several possible ways, with poison darts etc. and other ways about 15 ties and I only succeeded when I did it the Ubisoft way - well, I'm sorry - that is annoying
8. A mission where u need to kill 20 guards without being detected - again, AI detected me only because I had like 16/20 killed and the 17 guard turned around when I was behind the fence - detected - then desynced - all over again- annoying.
9. The biggest problem is the feeling you get playing the game. You expect something to happen as a result of your actions in the game play - but it just simply doesn't happen or happens in the way you wouldn't normally expect and then you end up thinking - wtf?!
Basically - it's all small things like that which make the experience a bit unpleasant.

So, if Ubisoft are planning to release another instalment of the game - I suggest you guys hire some more game testers and listen to their feedback carefully - don't ignore when your game testers throw joysticks around the office or break something after playing another mission of the game! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Then, the game will be truly amazing!!!

P.S. I don't really get pleasure from writing this as I really like the game but at the same time all these annoying things and many other small issues, which I can't remember all as I'm writing, made me do it. Don't get me wrong - I do understand that making the game's walkthrough simple - will simply devalue the game - keep it challenging - but test it properly before the release.

P.P.S. Finally, Ubisoft, follow people on youtube, the videos of the walk-throughs they post and read some comments - this will give you an idea of what need to be fixed...
I think game testers ruined AC. 1 was brilliant.

bitebug2003
03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by thebutcherhead:

I'm sorry I don't agree, AC1 had incredible flaws.

- Repetitive missions and mission dialogues.
- The annoying beggars (especially in Acre) and drunks (I didn't see them punching anyone else).
- Tedious lock on (citizens/informers).
- Cutscenes where you could move around the screen (not quite sure what the point of this was).
- Instant death in water.
- No guards visible on the mini-map.
- Altair is dull as dishwater.

+ Story
+ Graphics
+ Desmond
+ Music

AC2 and AC:B were miles better, but not without it's flaws either.

Long loading times was probably my main gripe.
Not stealthy enough, and some missions were too easy/short.

thebutcherhead
03-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by bitebug2003:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thebutcherhead:

- The annoying beggars (especially in Acre) and drunks.
- Cutscenes where you could move around the screen (not quite sure what the point of this was).

+ Story
+ Graphics
+ Desmond
+ Music

Not stealthy enough, and some missions were too easy/short. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
+I thought the cutscenes where you could move around were fun. As oppose to AC 2+B where you blandly approached your objective from 3rd person point of view, the cutscene style broke this monotony just a little. I personally, would've loved to see more of this in free-roam games. Assassin's Creed with a touch of Uncharted in it? I can't see why anyone would complain.

+AC 1 combat: way more difficult than the obsessively easy sequels, and more fun too (new kill animations aside.

+Instant death in water would've have been changed anyway. Nothing to do with game testers.

+Altair was awesome. stfu jk but ezio's just as arrogant in the beginning on that argument. Altair wasn't a florentine noble in his youth. He was kidnapped and recruited against his will, hence the obedient "what is thy bidding, my master?" personality.

+Mission dialogues made the assassin's seem more like a brotherhood than AC B or 2. All my assassin recruits do in brotherhood is just stand there repeating the same hand gestures for all eternity. Interaction with them like in AC 1 could only have helped it.

+Riding on horseback to each of the cities in AC 1 for the first time was epic.

-Tedious lock on thieves in AC 2 + brotherhood? Still a problem. Never use it.

-AC 2 had bards. Just as annoying. And the beggars returned in brotherhood. Plus citizen's dialogue is switched to humorous, making the environment less authentic. And they aren't even that funny.

-Repitiveness clings to the series still in AC 2 and brotherhood, and is an element of video games that can't be removed. The same argument can be made of linear fps.

-AC 2: Annoying sword clash sounds and animus data floating around your weapons, this was just cheesy. AC 1 was much more authentic, in audio and visuals. New kill animations aside. Overall graphics are better in AC 2 though, here I agree with you.

Gintattaey
04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
What I want ACB to improve on is the mission checkpoint. Well instead of haven to restart the mission I think that you should be able to restart from a checkpoint. I think that would make it better.

Also I don't like how the races work, how you have to beat them in 60 secs is kinda horrible because you'll have a minute or something and you will have to beat it in 60 secs. It's just not fun any more.

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 07:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thebutcherhead:

- The annoying beggars (especially in Acre) and drunks (I didn't see them punching anyone else).

+ Story
+ Graphics
+ Desmond
+ Music

Though I love AC1, I'm going to have to agree with you on most if not all points. However, there were some things in AC1 I liked that they should have kept. The post-assassination conversations added a complexity to the game that the new ones (especially ACB) lack. I also liked Shaun's little commentaries on certain peoples histories. The twist in the sotry. The more I think about it the more I miss the depth of AC1's story. Oh yes, and less we forget the Templar Knights were the coolest enemies ever.

dxsxhxcx
04-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bitebug2003:

+ Story
+ Graphics
+ Desmond
+ Music

Though I love AC1, I'm going to have to agree with you on most if not all points. However, there were some things in AC1 I liked that they should have kept. The post-assassination conversations added a complexity to the game that the new ones (especially ACB) lack. I also liked Shaun's little commentaries on certain peoples histories. The twist in the sotry. The more I think about it the more I miss the depth of AC1's story. Oh yes, and less we forget the Templar Knights were the coolest enemies ever. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and there was that thing where we could see the cinematics from a different angle when we pressed the button at the right time.. that was cool.. :P

twangling
04-11-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
The post-assassination conversations added a complexity to the game that the new ones (especially ACB) lack.

This is not directed at you, but the most ironic part of this for me is, back then there were so many people complaining about those conversations, consequently leading to the cutting of them in later games.

Besides, I just wish the devs could be more selective in expanding the game content, and keep what makes AC unique and edgy, instead of stuffing whatever element people mention into the game in an effort to please "everyone", regardless if the element simply dilutes the core notions.

TorQue1988
04-12-2011, 02:31 AM
i don't understand why does everyone hate the beggars,drunks,lunatics and singers...they are very annoying yes but they add a little personality to the fictional community ,and make the game a little harder...but yeah they should be toned down a little and the devs should make different character models because they f*****s are hunting in packs...anyway i like them and i missed the drunks and lunatics from AC1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

crash3
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Gintattaey:
What I want ACB to improve on is the mission checkpoint. Well instead of haven to restart the mission I think that you should be able to restart from a checkpoint. I think that would make it better.

Also I don't like how the races work, how you have to beat them in 60 secs is kinda horrible because you'll have a minute or something and you will have to beat it in 60 secs. It's just not fun any more.

i n ACB missions if you get desynched in general you start again from a checkpoint whereeas with the 100% sync system you have to start the whole mission again if you fail that which is the most annoying thing about the game-im pretty sure that in AC3 theyll get rid of the 100% sync idea because theyll make loads of improvements to the difficulty of the game

phil.llllll
04-12-2011, 11:02 AM

+ Story
+ Graphics
+ Desmond
+ Music

Not stealthy enough, and some missions were too easy/short.

I disagree on pretty much all those except the missions which obviously repeated and really for negatives against the game most of those are all pretty insignificant.

As for beggars they were replaced in AC2 with singing people that run up to Ezio every five minutes so that's still there. Interactive cutscenes were there so as to not take the player out of the experience except when they choose to give up control - during moments of the animus flashes. And dying in water was annoying for sure but considering that's only once small part of the game, it never was never given a chance to be a real problem.

And Altair dull as dishwater? Maybe you meant to say Desmond?

crash3
04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
heres an improvement: dead bodies of guards should look as if they pile up when they lie dead on top of each other-the current graphics engine seems to have a lot of graphics that overlap each other so you cant distinguish between individual objects sometimes-i just used the dead guards example as that is the most common one

DavisP92
04-12-2011, 11:45 AM
AC1 has a better concept behind it, the fact that you have to find the target, kill target and escape the location. Which they took out in AC2, which was a horrible thing to do. It took away the feeling of being an assassin (don't get me wrong i still love AC games). But they need to make it more like AC1 with their original idea of finding, killing and escaping. Yes AC1 had it's flaws, just like every game. But if I had to pick at which game was more challanging and enjoyable with the main killing missions then that would be AC1.

If Ubisoft could combine AC1's locating, killing and escaping idea with ACB fighting (but improved) and a new and better steath system (crouching, using the shadows, and what not), take away the lock on system, no medicine, co-op (with co-op assassinations and parkour moves), and maybe a bow and arrow (allowing specific body parts being targeted) then AC3 will be crazy

crash3
04-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
AC1 has a better concept behind it, the fact that you have to find the target, kill target and escape the location. Which they took out in AC2, which was a horrible thing to do. It took away the feeling of being an assassin (don't get me wrong i still love AC games). But they need to make it more like AC1 with their original idea of finding, killing and escaping. Yes AC1 had it's flaws, just like every game. But if I had to pick at which game was more challanging and enjoyable with the main killing missions then that would be AC1.

If Ubisoft could combine AC1's locating, killing and escaping idea with ACB fighting (but improved) and a new and better steath system (crouching, using the shadows, and what not), take away the lock on system, no medicine, co-op (with co-op assassinations and parkour moves), and maybe a bow and arrow (allowing specific body parts being targeted) then AC3 will be crazy

they need a better aiming system instead of that garanteed kill lock on system-they should just have a simple white dot on the screen and you move that white dot over a target (guard) and fire-it should also be sensitive to where the kill zones on a body are for example throwing a knife at someones arm isnt going to kill them but a body shot most likely will

it would be pretty cool to see an animation where you throw a knife at a guard and the guard has a shocked look on his face as he tries to pull the knife out of himself then just slumps to the ground then you could just pick your knife back up and save some money instead of buying new ammunition

Black_Widow9
04-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please post your Feedback here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>