PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied with Altair sequences?

Altair661
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
We've all played Revelations by now...well most of us at least. And there was about 6 sequences of Altair(if the last one counts), all in all probably matched up to about maybe an hour all put together. I personally loved going back to Altair and how he dedicated his life to the Assassin's, and it seemed to go well with The Last Crusade. I was dissapointed with the length, I was hoping to do some free-roaming or some more combat. But I still enjoyed them, it really fleshed out Altair's character and makes me even more sad to see him gone, along with Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">However when he used the apple, he was a freakin god.</span>

Requiescat in Pace, Altair. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">As well as Ezio.</span>

Altair661
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
We've all played Revelations by now...well most of us at least. And there was about 6 sequences of Altair(if the last one counts), all in all probably matched up to about maybe an hour all put together. I personally loved going back to Altair and how he dedicated his life to the Assassin's, and it seemed to go well with The Last Crusade. I was dissapointed with the length, I was hoping to do some free-roaming or some more combat. But I still enjoyed them, it really fleshed out Altair's character and makes me even more sad to see him gone, along with Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">However when he used the apple, he was a freakin god.</span>

Requiescat in Pace, Altair. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">As well as Ezio.</span>

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I haven't read The Secret Crusade yet. I purchased it way back in July but knowing it would have spoilers, I chose not to read it, so I have no frame of reference to so to speak.

Anyway, I honestly loved them. Lenght of gameplay it lacked a fair bit IMO but I think they served their purpose, storywisem which is what I find far more enduring.

Also, having in mind how Alta´r had been described in past AC games after the original AC, I got the feeling that the man behind the legend got lost somehow; I mean, the true story behind his actions and motives.

Revelations changed ALL that for me.

Not only that, but I just loved the Al-Mualim reference they threw in, upon the last memory seal, when he is quoting Ecclesiastes. So amazing in my book, even if a bit depressing.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 02:33 PM
EXTREMELY SHORT !! but enjoyable and dramatic, although anyone who hasnt read the Secret crusade may become lost and will have no clue about whats going on.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
EXTREMELY SHORT !! but enjoyable and dramatic, although anyone who hasnt read the Secret crusade may become lost and will have no clue about whats going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if people read the Codex, they'll have a fair frame of reference IMO.

Assassin_M
11-21-2011, 02:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
EXTREMELY SHORT !! but enjoyable and dramatic, although anyone who hasnt read the Secret crusade may become lost and will have no clue about whats going on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that if people read the Codex, they'll have a fair frame of reference IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The codex doesnt refer to Altair`s exile and details of his return.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

I think that if people read the Codex, they'll have a fair frame of reference IMO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The codex doesnt refer to Altair`s exile and details of his return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmm... I'm fairly sure the game explains what drove Alta´r to exile, as well as what caused it.

His return not as much though.

dxsxhxcx
11-21-2011, 03:12 PM
I didn't play the game yet, I just watched parts of some of his memories, but everyone is saying they're too short, and since I prefer Altair over Ezio, because of this simple fact (the memories being too short) I believe I won't be satisfied with them even after I play the game, this doesn't mean they won't be good (or "serve their purpose" like YHHTQ said), it's just that I was expecting to spend more time with him, more than 5~10 minutes per seal like it seems to be the case..

LightRey
11-21-2011, 03:26 PM

The codex doesnt refer to Altair`s exile and details of his return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmmmmm... I'm fairly sure the game explains what drove Alta´r to exile, as well as what caused it.

His return not as much though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
some spoilers ahead.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">
His return was clear enough I think. Maybe not why it took so long, but it was clear he had come to take back the order.</span>

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

His return not as much though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
His return was clear enough I think. Maybe not why it took so long, but it was clear he had come to take back the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree yet it doesn't explain why it took him 15 years or more.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree yet it doesn't explain why it took him 15 years or more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
20 years if I'm not mistaken and yes, I think it was inexplicably long. I believe the novel states he was depressed because of SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Maria's Death</span>.

S-EVANS
11-21-2011, 03:34 PM
SPOILER HIGHLIGHT WHITE TEXT:

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Im happy they showed us what happened to him, and how he died and i wasnt expecting to see that when i opened the door to the library...

and it made me smile how his ghostly shadow lead the way at the very beginning made it feel like they knew each other and was side by side</span>

He may have a missing finger, but i still like him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

dxsxhxcx
11-21-2011, 03:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I agree yet it doesn't explain why it took him 15 years or more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
20 years if I'm not mistaken and yes, I think it was inexplicably long. I believe the novel states he was depressed because of SPOILER: <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Maria's Death</span>. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE]
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">if I'm not wrong he also became obsessed with the apple and spent that time studying it and searching for some "artefacts" the apple showed to him (he found the seals this way)...</span>

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
I definately need to start reading The Secret Crusade. First time EVER that Bowden came up with something original and I can only read it after Revelations is released.

The_Sphinx
11-21-2011, 04:00 PM
They were extremely short and extremely linear.

For all the hype building Ubi did, it was pretty rough getting a total of maybe 30 minutes playing as Altair.

Valaquen_
11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
I was disappointed. Incredibly short and the last few were essentially "walk from point A to point B." His story had no real context within the game either - by that I mean that Sef's story, Altair's exile by Abbas, Altair's return and restoration of the Creed, and finally the Mongol invasion, were simply mentioned, Cliffnotes-like, rather than served as an actual story. I was looking forward to it, but oh well.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:
I was disappointed. Incredibly short and the last few were essentially "walk from point A to point B." His story had no real context within the game either - by that I mean that Sef's story, Altair's exile by Abbas, Altair's return and restoration of the Creed, and finally the Mongol invasion, were simply mentioned, Cliffnotes-like, rather than served as an actual story. I was looking forward to it, but oh well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They served a purpose, which was to show WHO the man behind the legend was, a thing that after the original AC got lost along the way, having in mind that in later instalments, Alta´r was perceived as some kind of God among later assassins.

I understand that for people who read the novel that the sequences are fairly disappointing, but storywise, they served their purpose.

E-Zekiel
11-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Way too short, imo. I was told 30-40 minutes. You can't use the argument of campaign mode being short because of side missions not being done...there's nothing to do BUT the mission in these sequences. 30-40 minutes was completely WRONG, lol. These take me between 5-20, 20 if I'm taking my sweet damn time lol

Pr0metheus 1962
11-21-2011, 04:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:
Sef's story, Altair's exile by Abbas, Altair's return and restoration of the Creed, and finally the Mongol invasion, were simply mentioned, Cliffnotes-like, rather than served as an actual story.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was true of the entire game. There's a distinct lack of love for the setting or the history, and that's never been the case in any previous AC game.

@Altair 661, you might want to either make your spoilers ACTUALLY invisible, or erase them, or mention in the thread title that your original post contains spoilers. Some of us have not finished the game yet!

SupremeCaptain
11-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I miss Malik D:

I enjoyed the sequences, I just wished they were longer.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
I miss Malik D:

I enjoyed the sequences, I just wished they were longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand what's the poing of getting the actor who voiced Malik in the original AC yet not having Malik himself making an appearance in the game.

I supposed they wanted to focus Alta´r's segments with Abbas as the main contender, but c'mon... Malik was awesome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Pr0metheus 1962
11-21-2011, 04:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
I miss Malik D: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I miss Malik too. If that actor had voiced Altair, I think AC1 would have been more of a hit.

Valaquen_
11-21-2011, 05:08 PM
They served a purpose, which was to show WHO the man behind the legend was, a thing that after the original AC got lost along the way, having in mind that in later instalments, Alta´r was perceived as some kind of God among later assassins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You mean the feeling that every AC player had post-AC1 anyway? I don't think anything post-AC1 tricked players into thinking that Altair wasn't important or legendary; most gamers came to that conclusion themselves.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I understand that for people who read the novel that the sequences are fairly disappointing, but storywise, they served their purpose. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Most casual gamers, and even some fans, don't read the AC novels, so yes, it was disappointing, and they served their purpose in the thinnest -I'm not going to say 'streamlined'- way possible. There was meant to be 30mins of gameplay for each sequence, allegedly. It's a shame we didn't get that.
Anyway, it's my only gripe with the game.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
You mean the feeling that every AC player had post-AC1 anyway? I don't think anything post-AC1 tricked players into thinking that Altair wasn't important or legendary; most gamers came to that conclusion themselves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you even read what I wrote? Here it goes again...

They served a purpose, which was to show WHO the man behind the legend was, a thing that after the original AC got lost along the way, having in mind that in later instalments, Alta´r was perceived as some kind of God among later assassins.

Again, what I SAID is that Revelations shows the MAN for what he was, not only the legend behind it; There's a considerable difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Most casual gamers, and even some fans, don't read the AC novels, so yes, it was disappointing, and they served their purpose in the thinnest -I'm not going to say 'streamlined'- way possible. There was meant to be 30mins of gameplay for each sequence, allegedly. It's a shame we didn't get that.
Anyway, it's my only gripe with the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't remember Ubisoft ever claiming each Alta´r sequence was going to be like 30 minutes but if you have a source to verify that claim, I would appreciate it.

Altair661
11-21-2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE]Most casual gamers, and even some fans, don't read the AC novels, so yes, it was disappointing, and they served their purpose in the thinnest -I'm not going to say 'streamlined'- way possible. There was meant to be 30mins of gameplay for each sequence, allegedly. It's a shame we didn't get that.
Anyway, it's my only gripe with the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't remember Ubisoft ever claiming each Alta´r sequence was going to be like 30 minutes but if you have a source to verify that claim, I would appreciate it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cannot find the original source (when I type in anything Revelations it only pops up with Reviews) but I do remember reading or hearing somewhere about how they were going to be that long. I also read there was supposed to me random side mission events, and we were supposed to be able to free roam Masyaf...and a 3rd city. Alot of things were said that never happened.

Altair661
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I think this game shows how the 1 year time constraint affects the game overall. With ACB, they pretty much used the same buliding designs as AC2, which gave them alot of time to throw tons of Side Missions in there. As for ACR, they had to make a whole new city (which is a bit bland for my tastes, too much of the same for me) and they didn't add many side missions, but they very much improved the story. So what took them so long that they couldn't throw any worthwhile side missions in?

If they had somehow given themselves more time, Altair sequences would be longer, there would be way more side missions, and just more bang for your buck. If it wasn't for the fact that it's an Assassin's Creed game and I have to know what happens...Im not sure this game is worth 60 bucks..

CRUDFACE
11-21-2011, 07:39 PM
While they were cool, we didn't see allot of things the community wanted to see.

-Elevation of skill
-making his armor
-Writing the Codex
-How he found the disks which he used to imprint his memories on (it says so in the Secret Crusade, I know, but to have to read the book to understand what's going on sucks)
-they only show one of his sons. They could have shown him in the character info thing. And we only saw Darim, who didn't age properly

Or shooting that guy in the face!

@Altair661: I REMEMBER THAT TO! What happened to that? They were supposed to be much longer. After the third one, they were only about 5-10 minutes.

phoenix-force411
11-21-2011, 07:46 PM
They were really emotional and dramatic! It gives you a lot of background on what happens in his life, especially the important ones.

Bipolar Matt
11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Would have been nice to see Altair wearing his armor in one sequence, as well as him writing the Codex. Who knows, maybe we'll get more as DLC?

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 08:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
Would have been nice to see Altair wearing his armor in one sequence, as well as him writing the Codex. Who knows, maybe we'll get more as DLC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see him writing the codex in Bloodlines for the PSP.

Bipolar Matt
11-21-2011, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BipolarMatt:
Would have been nice to see Altair wearing his armor in one sequence, as well as him writing the Codex. Who knows, maybe we'll get more as DLC? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see him writing the codex in Bloodlines for the PSP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I've heard. I've never played any of the handheld games. It sucks they made a game for the PSP only, especially since it did tell a small part of the canonical story. I wish they'd release it as an XBox Live Arcade game or something. Along with Altair's Chronicles and Discovery, even if the games themselves aren't that great.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 08:16 PM

You can see him writing the codex in Bloodlines for the PSP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I've heard. I've never played any of the handheld games. It sucks they made a game for the PSP only, especially since it did tell a small part of the canonical story. I wish they'd release it as an XBox Live Arcade game or something. Along with Altair's Chronicles and Discovery, even if the games themselves aren't that great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Discovery is great. Bloodlines is buggy as hell though, as well as Alta´r's Chronicles.

Bipolar Matt
11-21-2011, 08:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Discovery is great. Bloodlines is buggy as hell though, as well as Alta´r's Chronicles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember playing through AC:2 in early 2010 and towards the end of the Venice missions, they mentioned a vessel sailing for Cyprus, and then they returned with an apple. I thought, "What does Cyprus have to do with anything?!" Then I read up on Bloodlines, and since I don't own a PSP and have no intention of picking it up for one game, was able to fill in the gap and found out that was where Altair allegedly hid the apple away (only to find out this was not the case in AC:R).

I have no problem with spin-off games. Just make sure any games that are relevant to the story make it onto the main platforms (PC, XBox, PS3).

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 09:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Discovery is great. Bloodlines is buggy as hell though, as well as Alta´r's Chronicles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember playing through AC:2 in early 2010 and towards the end of the Venice missions, they mentioned a vessel sailing for Cyprus, and then they returned with an apple. I thought, "What does Cyprus have to do with anything?!" Then I read up on Bloodlines, and since I don't own a PSP and have no intention of picking it up for one game, was able to fill in the gap and found out that was where Altair allegedly hid the apple away (only to find out this was not the case in AC:R).

I have no problem with spin-off games. Just make sure any games that are relevant to the story make it onto the main platforms (PC, XBox, PS3). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here to be honest, concerning Alta´r's apple, especially when you consider that Lucy had told Desmond that Alta´r's apple had been destroyed by the templars accidentaly during the Denver experiment.

Either way, I have no idea from WHERE that apple came from. Alta´r does mention in Revelations that the stronghold - or was is the archive? - that the assassins held in Cyprus had been lost, so just MAYBE the templars later on moved that SAME apple to their old archive.

EDIT:

I'd say that Bloodlines and the other two are not that relevant really. Discovery is enjoyable as I mentioned but the other two are just too poor in execution to be given proper attention.

SleezeRocker
11-21-2011, 09:03 PM
they were cool...but they were ridiculosly short http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Heck..even eating a cookie lasted longer than an Altair memory, but they were alright http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Altair661
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Where was any of this? And I remember now he still never had his short blade in the memories.

30 and 1:35 (http://youtu.be/8meBuqkBgs4)

This trailer totally through me off track on Altair thought we'd be able to kick some Templar butt at some other city...I was wrong. And whatever happened to the memory shown at Gamescom when they said there was more at the beginning? More like 2 minutes of combat then saving Al Muliam.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 09:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Where was any of this? And I remember now he still never had his short blade in the memories.

30 and 1:35 (http://youtu.be/8meBuqkBgs4)

This trailer totally through me off track on Altair thought we'd be able to kick some Templar butt at some other city...I was wrong. And whatever happened to the memory shown at Gamescom when they said there was more at the beginning? More like 2 minutes of combat then saving Al Muliam. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that you mention it, I took the liberty at the time to grab these screenshots from the HD version of the trailer...

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/5994/acrtrailergc11frwmvsnap.png
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/5994/acrtrailergc11frwmvsnap.png

Either they changed the model later or perhaps that sequence was cut later on from the game? Alta´r looks older, like it was after the 2nd memory seal but WAYYYY before the 3rd.

Also, they still used at the time the original model from AC.

Toa TAK
11-22-2011, 03:00 AM
I loved the Altair missions. They were short but sweet, and had a pretty powerful story to tell.

I didn't read the Secret Crusade, but that didn't mean I was lost or confused or any of that BS people are claiming. It's very easy to follow and even though I did, I'm sure you don't even need to read the Codex pages from ACII to have a frame of mind.

LightRey
11-22-2011, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toa_TAK:
I loved the Altair missions. They were short but sweet, and had a pretty powerful story to tell.

I didn't read the Secret Crusade, but that didn't mean I was lost or confused or any of that BS people are claiming. It's very easy to follow and even though I did, I'm sure you don't even need to read the Codex pages from ACII to have a frame of mind. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In fact, the codex pages themselves cause more confusion without the Alta´r memories than the other way 'round. :P

BK-110
11-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Where's the "I liked them. The extra bit of story for Alta´r was much appreciated, but they were much too short and left out too much."-option?

LightRey
11-22-2011, 03:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
Where's the "I liked them. The extra bit of story for Alta´r was much appreciated, but they were much too short and left out too much."-option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In hell.

crash3
11-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I have no quarrel with the content of the Altair missions, I just wanted more of it, I feel as if we spent too little time with Altair

Hopefully there will be a single player DLC like a missing sequence thats got more of Altair in it!

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 12:41 PM
In response to the OP`s Question...... HELL NOOO !!!

What happened to 30-40 minutes ?

Altair661
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Ubisoft prolly made it up to get us excited to play as more Altair, I was expecting more of a 35%(Altair)55%(Ezio) and 10% Desmond game time wise as the two. Sadly, it's more like 10% 90%. With the Desmond sequences...well you know.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
Ubisoft prolly made it up to get us excited to play as more Altair, I was expecting more of a 35%(Altair)55%(Ezio) and 10% Desmond game time wise as the two. Sadly, it's more like 10% 90%. With the Desmond sequences...well you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didnt like the Desmond sequences at first, but later It started to become interesting..

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Ubisoft prolly made it up to get us excited to play as more Altair, I was expecting more of a 35%(Altair)55%(Ezio) and 10% Desmond game time wise as the two. Sadly, it's more like 10% 90%. With the Desmond sequences...well you know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didnt like the Desmond sequences at first, but later It started to become interesting.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond sequences were pretty much awesome. I felt like I was playing the original Half-Life all over again, even though in this case, it was FAR less frustrating.

Considering the time given by the higher-ups down at Ubi-Montreal, I'm still surprised they were able to come up with something original that deviated quite a bit from the usual AC template.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I didnt like the Desmond sequences at first, but later It started to become interesting.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Desmond sequences were pretty much awesome. I felt like I was playing the original Half-Life all over again, even though in this case, it was FAR less frustrating.

Considering the time given by the higher-ups down at Ubi-Montreal, I'm still surprised they were able to come up with something original that deviated quite a bit from the usual AC template. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think people didnt like it because they expected it to be like Altair and Ezio, gameplay-Cutscene direction I mean..

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM

Considering the time given by the higher-ups down at Ubi-Montreal, I'm still surprised they were able to come up with something original that deviated quite a bit from the usual AC template. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think people didnt like it because they expected it to be like Altair and Ezio, gameplay-Cutscene direction I mean.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A change of pace is GOOD. Wish they'd do something fairly similar in AC3, if they find a way to explain it, plot-wise.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Can you add an option saying Altair is not Ezio however in this game they walk, talk and combat with the same style?

I like altair animations the best and now altair does everthing like ezio?

Ubisoft u are even lazy when it comes to include 1 hour of gameplay for old fans?

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Can you add an option saying Altair is not Ezio however in this game they walk, talk and combat with the same style?

Ubisoft u are even lazy when it comes to include 1 hour of gameplay for old fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Animuses
11-22-2011, 01:35 PM
@daniel_gervide
Lazy? They had one year to develop the game. Blame the higher ups that are forcing the annual releases.

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Ubisoft u are even lazy when it comes to include 1 hour of gameplay for old fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do realise that by the time AC was released, they hadn't developed yet the kill streak system, right? It's not like Alta´r wasn't able to do such thing.

This is gaming, not real life. Try not to take stuff that seriously.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
@daniel_gervide
Lazy? They had one year to develop the game. Blame the higher ups that are forcing the annual releases. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its no use talking to him, he`s plugged his ears and refuses to listen to anyone but himself..

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 01:58 PM

You do realise that by the time AC was released, they hadn't developed yet the kill streak system, right? It's not like Alta´r wasn't able to do such thing.

This is gaming, not real life. Try not to take stuff that seriously. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altair should always be altair, he had it moves etc... why not keep them or even parcially?

Altair661
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
For one, I am not adding a new option just for your specific opinion. Also it will reset the vote count. And seriously? You're going to gripe about that? You remind of this one guy way back when the first screenshots were being released and he was nit-picking at the small texture effects and said how bad Ubisoft was.

Also, I didn't mean to sound like the Desmond parts were bad... I just think it was rather..different. I like how we finally got some real backstory on him, and I absolutley loved the last one. I did like the change of pace as well. However I don't see how the last two gates could be DLC, since

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">(SPOILERS) the last memory was him being kidnapped and eventually leading up to him in the room in AC1. Which was pretty awesome to see again. And we know everything that's happened to him after AC1...so unless we go even farther back, I don't think there's much else to see about him.(END)</span>

I think the Desmond parts should required more thinking, rather then try to get from point A to point B ala Portal Style. I was sorta hoping for some more Truth style puzzles providing more info on the Assassin Templar war. And some more interaction with S16, who I felt was completely underminded. He barely played a part in the game until the very end...and I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore.

And everyone needs to stop saying there's gonna be Altair DLC, while I hope they would, they won't. It wouldn't make sense. Just leave them alone and be done with Ezio and Altair.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM

If you like AC1 so much more than the other games, why don't you just play that and stop complaining about the others?

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
And everyone needs to stop saying there's gonna be Altair DLC, while I hope they would, they won't. It wouldn't make sense. Just leave them alone and be done with Ezio and Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This...

I just think that the part of the secret crusade we not see in games should be made into a game after ac3 is released...

But, they should think carefully how to make every mechanic work out good for altair and ezio fans...

Story isn't the only fact i like of altair (and only half of the assassinations had interesting story), but also the mechanics... and having altair in this game but with ac2/sequels stylezed gameplay mechanics will **** me off more surely...

Ps - Next time u put spoilers, please, put them in white or i will feel like wanting to read it :X I want the game now so i can judge it from my own.

Altair661
11-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I tried putting them in white, but it wouldn't work, so I tried to put enough space between it. It's not really huge though, if you've played AC1 you pretty much already know it.

And I would love to play as Altair again, somehow be able to make a game that isn't invloved with a full fledged consoles game, but not a portable. That can fit in nicely with both AC1 and ACR. Like realese it on the Marketplace or something. When I beat ACR I had the feeling of just wanting to play through AC1 and continue on with the ACR sequences for some reason.

And I finally fixed it!

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

If you like AC1 so much more than the other games, why don't you just play that and stop complaining about the others? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not i like Ac1 right now... it's that i liked altair how he was in ac1 and now they made altair feel like ezio... Altair != Ezio and this game doesn't show it.

Plus, i always said i like this games also and, pherarps, even more then Ac1 but Ac1 was still the most balanced game in this franchise and i wanted altair to still be that (even thought we only have normal gameplay in the first 3 missions).

Only cuz the games are umbalanced, and u can't say they are not (even ac1 was), it doesn't mean i don't like them... It just means that they could have been better, as well as ac1 would have been better if they worked better the "side" missions adding some more deep story or besides main story have a character-develop style missions going during the whole game.

All Ac games are great, but as further as the franchise goes the more umbalanced they are and this is one thing that isn't that hard to fix, it's just that you are so fanboys that you can't even see the flaws of ur fav games....

It's hard to explain how i feel T_T

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
For one, I am not adding a new option just for your specific opinion. Also it will reset the vote count. And seriously? You're going to gripe about that? You remind of this one guy way back when the first screenshots were being released and he was nit-picking at the small texture effects and said how bad Ubisoft was.

Also, I didn't mean to sound like the Desmond parts were bad... I just think it was rather..different. I like how we finally got some real backstory on him, and I absolutley loved the last one. I did like the change of pace as well. However I don't see how the last two gates could be DLC, since

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">(SPOILERS) the last memory was him being kidnapped and eventually leading up to him in the room in AC1. Which was pretty awesome to see again. And we know everything that's happened to him after AC1...so unless we go even farther back, I don't think there's much else to see about him.(END)</span>

I think the Desmond parts should required more thinking, rather then try to get from point A to point B ala Portal Style. I was sorta hoping for some more Truth style puzzles providing more info on the Assassin Templar war. And some more interaction with S16, who I felt was completely underminded. He barely played a part in the game until the very end...and I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore.

And everyone needs to stop saying there's gonna be Altair DLC, while I hope they would, they won't. It wouldn't make sense. Just leave them alone and be done with Ezio and Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The last two gates seen in Animus Island are most likely meant to represent AC2 and AC:B, since the last Desmond sequence ends right where AC began.

Either way, I doubt we'll have SP DLC as well, having in mind how much they're focusing right now on DLC for the MP.

iN3krO
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
The last two gates seen in Animus Island are most likely meant to represent AC2 and AC:B, since the last Desmond sequence ends right where AC began.

Either way, I doubt we'll have SP DLC as well, having in mind how much they're focusing right now on DLC for the MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st i think it would make more sense 1 for Ac1 and other for Ac2/b.

Also, i think some kind of sp DLC where we get to see what the hell desmond did at nights in abstergo would be kinda nice :O

2nd this is why i think mp should not make part in Ac3... i bought Assasin's Creed 1 and 2 and it didn't have multiplayer, actually i don't think year releases is not the problem for AcB and AcR somehow feel unfinished or whatever, it's the multiplayer that makes them lose time. Thought it was an interesting concept, i think they should have focused all in sp until ac3 and then take 1 year to develope some nice multiplayer standalone that would cost 50bucks (or 60bucks or whatever it costs a full game at ur country/plataform) and with patches fixing what ppl find bad.

It would give them one more game to milk of (the mp) and would give us what we want (those who want only sp would be satisfied with the quality of the sp and those who would like to have mp would also be satisfied with the quality of the mp).

SweetsMachineGun
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I was really disappointed in the length and the lack of Malik (he's my favorite from AC1!!). Since Haaz Sleiman was voice acting for Suleiman I figured they'd double cast him for Malik... and Ubisoft had said in an interview the Altair segments would last 30-40 minutes, so I went in expecting all this stuff but didn't get it. :'D But overall I was pleased with the entirety of Revelations, so this minor let down doesn't bother me so much.

Grandmaster_Z
11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
i loved them, but they are too short. it seems there could be so much more that you could show with his life..he should have his own trilogy...

Will_Lucky
11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Altair should always be altair, he had it moves etc... why not keep them or even parcially? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, thats dealt with in Canon.

If I recall in the AC2 manual Lucy states the Combat system has been kicked up a notch for Desmond to be more immersed. A similar situation therefore likely occurs with free running ect.

Due to the fact they dumbed the manual down in Brotherhood we have no idea if the in game explanation is Kill Streaks were an improvement to the 2.03 animus.

Basically as a result Altair relives everything that way because of the Animus.

But personally I was very disappointed with the Altair memories, they said 30 minutes a memory and it was just over that that combined. It was a massive disappointment really. I was hoping to see Malik and his son, see Altair visit Constantinople ect.

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
As mentioned previously, the 30 minutes sequence each featuring Alta´r is a MYTH, nothing more. From what I can gather, someone in this forum said so and people started to acknowledge it as if it was dogma.

Altair661
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
As mentioned previously, the 30 minutes sequence each featuring Alta´r is a MYTH, nothing more. From what I can gather, someone in this forum said so and people started to acknowledge it as if it was dogma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I swear Ubisoft said it sometime around Gamescom when they started showing Altair.

YHHTQ
11-22-2011, 09:07 PM
As mentioned previously, the 30 minutes sequence each featuring Alta´r is a MYTH, nothing more. From what I can gather, someone in this forum said so and people started to acknowledge it as if it was dogma. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I swear Ubisoft said it sometime around Gamescom when they started showing Altair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not saying they didn't but you must admit that a link, source, whatever, would be nice at this point.

As far as I'm concerned, I NEVER heard of such, just like I NEVER heard that you could free-roam at Masyaf.

AU7thGear
11-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Not at all pleased. I loved ACR and I love Altair but the sequences were not great. I read The Secret Crusade before ACR. To be honest I hate reading and didn't have high hopes for this but I loved it! There were some extremely interesting insight into Altair's life, especially with Maria. In ACR the scenes they chose were the most important ones by far which is good. But they didn't capture the drama that was in the book IMO. I didn't feel any hatred between Altair and Abbas. I didn't feel a relationship between Maria and Altair. So that was disappointing but i'm glad they chose to put Altair in nonetheless.

assassinato_862
11-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Normally, I wouldn't have been so let down. The fact the Ubi hyped up the duality of our two heroes made me think that we'd be playing Altair and Ezio equally. Meaning that we'd switch between sequences, maybe Altair could've had his own sequences. I really wanted Altair to show off his armor and sword and...*sigh* to answer the question I was really let-down due to my own excitement.

But, their purpose was indeed filled... barely. So to answer your question, no I was not satisfied with the Altair missions, I feel there could've been MUCH more to the length. (Except for the last one, THAT one fit the bill perfectly .)

Animuses
11-23-2011, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassinato_862:
Normally, I wouldn't have been so let down. The fact the Ubi hyped up the duality of our two heroes made me think that we'd be playing Altair and Ezio equally. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No they didn't.

They said that Ezio is the main focus.

assassinato_862
11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> No they didn't.

They said that Ezio is the main focus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I was gonna edit it to make it more clear. I already guessed Alty wouldn't get a lot of screen time.What I meant was that when they continually said, "And in Revelations, you not only play as Ezio, but you play Altair as well!!" I thought that they meant you could have a decent length Altair missions rather than the 5 minute fights.

Oatkeeper
11-23-2011, 01:08 AM
From a narritive standpoint I think the Altair missions where great, I dont think I will ever forget playing through Altair struggle to climb a mountain as an old man. I dont mean that sarcastically either, that is the kind of narrative delivery that sets games apart from other meduims.

I was a bit disapointed that Abbas came off as such an jerk (worse words could be said) when he was really this person who couldn't come to terms with the truth of his father and blamed altair for telling him the hurtful truths that he wouldn't accept. But I suppose the Book did its job in that way (I havnt finished the book, but im well into it)

Its one part of the Assassins Creed series that I actually think was improved by linearity. Though I dont want the series to make a habbit of it like it has been. Overall Im fairly satisfied, though I wish there was more of them.

Oatkeeper
11-23-2011, 01:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AU7thGear:
Not at all pleased. I loved ACR and I love Altair but the sequences were not great. I read The Secret Crusade before ACR. To be honest I hate reading and didn't have high hopes for this but I loved it! There were some extremely interesting insight into Altair's life, especially with Maria. In ACR the scenes they chose were the most important ones by far which is good. But they didn't capture the drama that was in the book IMO. I didn't feel any hatred between Altair and Abbas. I didn't feel a relationship between Maria and Altair. So that was disappointing but i'm glad they chose to put Altair in nonetheless. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I think the scenes where done really well, I do agree this was the major failure in them. They didnt have any context of previuos moments that really where needed to make the scenes completely understood. I found Myself more than once saying "Players who did not read the Secret Crusade will not understand this the way it was intended" particularly about Abbas since he wasnt really focused on in AC1 at all from what I remember.

eagleforlife1
11-23-2011, 01:17 AM
I was disappointed with two things regarding them. Firstly, they skipped him from the age of 26 to 62. And secondly, I just can't 100% synch his first memory.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 05:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I was disappointed with two things regarding them. Firstly, they skipped him from the age of 26 to 62. And secondly, I just can't 100% synch his first memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You just have to save all the people in trouble. They're displayed on the map. I believe your assassin buddies will even do it for you if you wait long enough.

jmk1999
11-24-2011, 03:19 AM
moved to hints & tips for spoilers.

eagleforlife1
11-25-2011, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
I was disappointed with two things regarding them. Firstly, they skipped him from the age of 26 to 62. And secondly, I just can't 100% synch his first memory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You just have to save all the people in trouble. They're displayed on the map. I believe your assassin buddies will even do it for you if you wait long enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've played it through several times since and nothing appears on my map. As far as I am aware I have saved every civilian I still don't achieve 100% synch.

Altair661
11-27-2011, 05:45 PM
You have to pay close attention because it's not a huge circle, just a small one. Try running around the whole map, not just directly to your objective.