PDA

View Full Version : Completely OT: international eBay orders

Philipscdrw
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
This has absolutely nothing at all to do with Il-2. Wait, yes it does. I got a camcorder two weekends ago, to record gliding with, which is flying, like Il-2. I bid for a firewire cable on eBay to connect it to my PC, and Il-2 uses PCs also. So not completely OT.

Anyway, the location of the cable was advertised as being in the UK (as am I). I received it today, a week after winning the item, and it's actually come from Israel. Does that mean I could have been hit with import duty? Is this something I should tell eBay about?

Waldo.Pepper
05-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Don't ask - don't tell.

Ernst_Rohr
05-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Happens all the time. If its a business, they may have been doing a same day drop ship order.

Company is in the UK, gets your order ---> emails order to supplier in Israel----> drop ships to you.

Its another way of shaving off some cash from both ends to pad the profits of both companies. Drop shipping means there is only ONE shipment made, so you get to skip the step where the seller ships to you, and if it goes out of country, you skip a second set of duties and tarrifs.

Pirschjaeger
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Did you get your product cheaper than if you had bought it a a local store?

If so it's because the seller didn't have to worry about storage or marketing costs.

I see no problems with this. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif