PDA

View Full Version : sound issue

capt_cochrane
12-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi. Hope someone can advise. Just bought and installed PF. Getting odd sound echoe al the time. When I click around the menus, I get 3 click sounds instead of one, every time I click on a button. In flight the radio chatter echoes, as if someone has said something twice. I've patched up and i,m running PF on its own. I played with sound settings and turned them down etc, but can't fix it. Any ideas?

capt_cochrane
12-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi. Hope someone can advise. Just bought and installed PF. Getting odd sound echoe al the time. When I click around the menus, I get 3 click sounds instead of one, every time I click on a button. In flight the radio chatter echoes, as if someone has said something twice. I've patched up and i,m running PF on its own. I played with sound settings and turned them down etc, but can't fix it. Any ideas?

mroseland
12-23-2004, 03:41 PM
Do you have any environmental sound effects enabled in Windows?

Is it only in PF? Sounds played outside of the game, in other games, and music all sound fine?

Mjollnir111675
12-23-2004, 04:31 PM
Well if you have a creative card and have mediasource you MUST dis-enable "effects" as it can remove the voices and "Clean-up" as it has caused some weird sound issues. also "CMSS 3D" may cause some sound probs. But that is only what woiks fer me. But if any of this applies try it out.
Maybe yer "time scaling" is off as well.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/873935/aVENGE.jpg
"IF we Do git torp planes who is gonna model the torps themselves? And the fleet??"