PDA

View Full Version : AC re-install

spacefrogs
05-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Hi all,
after a PC upgrade this week, I re-installed AC yesterday. Started a saved game and I saw that the game looks now too, how to say it, full of light!!! Everything on the roofs are so bright that I almost can´t see any textures on them! And when I got badly hit and the "memory" starts to flash, I see no one nearby except Altair. Everything else is blended in white light. Tried to reduce the light ingame, at my monitor and at my drivers but made no difference. BTW, it´s only this game I see this. Anybody maybe knows what I can do about it?? Thanks in advance, itifonhom.

the_assassin_07
05-01-2008, 05:45 AM
But I thought your name was spacefrogs >_>

BTOG46
05-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by spacefrogs:
Hi all,
after a PC upgrade this week, I re-installed AC yesterday. Started a saved game and I saw that the game looks now too, how to say it, full of light!!! Everything on the roofs are so bright that I almost can´t see any textures on them! And when I got badly hit and the "memory" starts to flash, I see no one nearby except Altair. Everything else is blended in white light. Tried to reduce the light ingame, at my monitor and at my drivers but made no difference. BTW, it´s only this game I see this. Anybody maybe knows what I can do about it?? Thanks in advance, itifonhom.

If the game was ok before, and now has problems after your upgrade, what has changed in terms of hardware and software? obviously, something in the upgrade, or using saves from before the upgrade is effecting the game.

jeremyofmany
05-01-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm experiencing the exact same thing.
However, I did not reinstall the game.
I just loaded it up one day after beating it.
Nothing in my system has changed (hardware, drivers).
I've updated and reinstalled some third party software.
I'll update my DirectX to the March 2008 distribution and see if that makes a difference.

spacefrogs
05-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Well, I think I got it. Not sure what settings I had before my upgrade but I disabled the POST Effects the game is again ok. I changed my CPU, MB and RAM. I also updated the ATI drivers to 8.4. Dunno what affected it but POST effects was the answer to me.

P.S. Spacefrogs is my last name, my first name is itifonhom.