PDA

View Full Version : Help wiht External HDD

IZT
04-06-2005, 05:10 AM
OK so i just got an external HDD. well not those ready made ones, i mean the buy your own hard drive and put it in a USB2.0 enclosure. So far so good. everything is connected well, powers plugged in usb2.0 is plugged in. the light comes up. the computer USB port detects it and in the "Safely Remove hArdware" program it appears asHDS7...0PLAT20USB Device . yet when i open My Computer, the drive doesn't appear. Im quiet sure i set the drive to MASTER(16pin). Though maybe someone could elaborate on this...as theres one for 16 pion and 15 pin and 32GB sth. i have tried detecting for new hardware. Doesn't work either. please Help Me. Thanks!

IZT
04-06-2005, 05:10 AM
OK so i just got an external HDD. well not those ready made ones, i mean the buy your own hard drive and put it in a USB2.0 enclosure. So far so good. everything is connected well, powers plugged in usb2.0 is plugged in. the light comes up. the computer USB port detects it and in the "Safely Remove hArdware" program it appears asHDS7...0PLAT20USB Device . yet when i open My Computer, the drive doesn't appear. Im quiet sure i set the drive to MASTER(16pin). Though maybe someone could elaborate on this...as theres one for 16 pion and 15 pin and 32GB sth. i have tried detecting for new hardware. Doesn't work either. please Help Me. Thanks!

PostalDudeNL
04-06-2005, 05:14 AM
Hello,

I know the problem you need to format your hdd first.. you can do that by going to start>control panel>administrative tools>computer managment then click diskmanagment in the left tab then you will see your hard disk then right click the hdd then click on format then follow everything (NTFS Fast format!!) if you have more problems please report.

PostalDudeNL
04-08-2005, 09:30 AM
did it work or not? its already 2 days ago and still no reply..