PDA

View Full Version : Making "adjustments" to video settings

ThePseudokiller
11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Was wondering how a neophyte such as myself can make adjustments to video settings to make most of my system (P4 2.66 GhZ, Geforce 5200 vid card, 512Mb RAM). I have noticed reference to CONF.INI (if memory serves me right) but not sure how to go about making changes. Any help is appreciated.

ThePseudokiller
11-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Was wondering how a neophyte such as myself can make adjustments to video settings to make most of my system (P4 2.66 GhZ, Geforce 5200 vid card, 512Mb RAM). I have noticed reference to CONF.INI (if memory serves me right) but not sure how to go about making changes. Any help is appreciated.

JR_Greenhorn
11-07-2004, 10:03 PM
The conf.ini is a settings file found in the same folder as your FB/AEP *.exe file. You can edit the file with Notepad or similar text editor.

Searching the forums or asking about specific lines will help in determining possible values. For example, I think there are 3 water settings. Look for a line that reads:
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">water=1</pre> or similar, and try setting the value to 2 or 3 (0 may also work).

Before you make any changes, save the existing conf.ini under a different name, so that you can replace it if something gets screwed up.

There are settings for many things in the file.
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">water=</pre> and <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">forest=</pre> are two examples of graphics settings. There are also joystick and campaign generator settings, and more.

EURO_Snoopy
11-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Check here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=4501076732