PDA

View Full Version : About time

hopkins32
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
1940 on patrol around Scapa Flow i caught a large cargo moving slow at Dawn. I went to periscope depth and carefully set up a shot with a single torpedo with a magnetic pistol setting set a little deeper than the draft of the ship and set it free. The torpedo hit and the cargo slowed to a stop about 3 minutes she shank all 17743 tons of her http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

yeah i know i guess its not much to brag about but its the first one iv got sense iv been playing the game.
RUB1.43 100% realism settings

VikingGrandad
08-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Well done hopkins32 - let that be the first of many!

But are you sure that cargo ship was 17743 tons?! The biggest cargo ship in the recognition manual is the C3 Cargo - 7900 tons.

Kaleun1961
08-13-2005, 02:37 PM
There is such a vessel, it's called large cargo vessel. Very fat and juicy.

panthercules
08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
yeah - the mod seems to add some new merchant ship types - with some prety sizable tonages too - when I ran the additional merchant mod by itself (while I was waiting for RUB 1.43), I could see the new types in my recog manual - now that I took that mod out and am running RUB 1.43 though, I don't think the new types are in the recog manual any more - interesting that they're in the game but not the book

hopkins32
08-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by panthercules:
yeah - the mod seems to add some new merchant ship types - with some prety sizable tonages too - when I ran the additional merchant mod by itself (while I was waiting for RUB 1.43), I could see the new types in my recog manual - now that I took that mod out and am running RUB 1.43 though, I don't think the new types are in the recog manual any more - interesting that they're in the game but not the book

yeah the new large cargo is in it because i had to do an ID on it to set the draft pistols settings.

Liberi_Fatali
08-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Did you notice it was a commerce raider (the ones usually around german bases) without the guns & floatplane? The other new ship in 1.4 , 'Transport' is a gunless version of the auxilary cruiser.