PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Runners. Let's Talk

KlaymenDel
03-26-2011, 01:31 PM
It's a great game, but the players are going to ruin it. Let's discuss "runners". You know, I like to kill Incognito and Stealth, well, I try my best to get high points. But when I get runner as target it's almost impossible for me to sneak to him, cause he's always running like a psycho on the roofs.
What do You think about them ? And how to resist such guys ?

ace3001
03-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by KlaymenDel:
It's a great game, but the players are going to ruin it. Let's discuss "runners". You know, I like to kill Incognito and Stealth, well, I try my best to get high points. You like stealth, they like action. Personal preference. There's a reason why AC games support both ways, don't you think? Oh, I know the stealthy way gives more points, but if they don't get points, their loss.

Originally posted by KlaymenDelBut when I get runner as target it's almost impossible for me to sneak to him, cause he's always running like a psycho on the roofs.
What do You think about them ? And how to resist such guys ? Well, he's simply successful at evading you. Surely, you can't expect him to sit in one place just so you could get him?

ElleCore
03-26-2011, 02:45 PM
I totally hate them myself.

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlaymenDel:
It's a great game, but the players are going to ruin it. Let's discuss "runners". You know, I like to kill Incognito and Stealth, well, I try my best to get high points. You like stealth, they like action. Personal preference. There's a reason why AC games support both ways, don't you think? Oh, I know the stealthy way gives more points, but if they don't get points, their loss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not their loss if they run, since they're your target (what OP was talking about), it's yours.

Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlaymenDelBut:
when I get runner as target it's almost impossible for me to sneak to him, cause he's always running like a psycho on the roofs.
What do You think about them ? And how to resist such guys ? Well, he's simply successful at evading you. Surely, you can't expect him to sit in one place just so you could get him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound like a runner yourself. There's a thing called blending, which they apparently s*** at or don't know what it is.

Maurice_Wijma
03-26-2011, 03:19 PM
1 tip:
Addapt! If they want to run, you will have to run. You aren't able to free-run for nothing!?

You will be the winner in those matches above runners, because you can also kill in stealth.

DragynfyreX
03-26-2011, 03:38 PM
If you don't like runners then play Assassinate and not Wanted.

lockerxzx
03-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Just kill a persona and get another target if you are losing your patience.

mmdore
03-26-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:
1 tip:
Addapt! If they want to run, you will have to run. You aren't able to free-run for nothing!?

You will be the winner in those matches above runners, because you can also kill in stealth.
Best post ever!! Adapt. You ll find all kind of people online.

Dellers
03-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Runners are annoying. When playing team games the one I'm after is always running, or if they're not my ****ing team is running after them. Bottom line I get like two kills, but still just as many points as the running chickens on my team.

Originally posted by Dragynfyre0:
If you don't like runners then play Assassinate and not Wanted.
Problem with assassinate is this HORRIBLE mark thing. Every single time I'm getting killed it's because it's so annoyingly hard to mark the right person. I always know who I'm after, but like right now...I got killed SIX times in a row because the game insist on me pointing on a completely different character.

shop27C171CB8
03-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Sometimes I find a runner in Assassinate.
Solution? Switch to profile 2 (Attack set) and use perk charge to make them rage quit.

AJ_Rimmer_Bsc
03-26-2011, 05:40 PM
am i reading this right...

you have to kill a guy...and hes running away ?

so you want him to stand still and get slaughtered ?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Crumplecorn
03-26-2011, 05:47 PM
"Wah wah, my target won't stand still and die." Yeah, no, they don't do that once they know what they are doing.

And what do you mean 'going to'? Don't forget, this game has actually been out for months, all the things that are "going to kill it" already didn't.

ario
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
ahahah runners are terrible... boring time to follow them try to do a kill... easy....

->i have a NOOB SET... daggers and charge
->i have mon san mischeal NOOB SET gun and fast run

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif let them run!! nice shooting!

ace3001
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by ElleCore:

You sound like a runner yourself. There's a thing called blending, which they apparently s*** at or don't know what it is. Sadly, I don't have a fast internet connection to play multiplayer. Otherwise I'd be a runner definitely. Sounds so fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
And if they don't blend, how is it your problem? It should make things easier for you.

Originally posted by AJ_Rimmer_Bsc:
am i reading this right...

you have to kill a guy...and hes running away ?

so you want him to stand still and get slaughtered ?
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Nailed! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KlaymenDel
03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
I didn't mean that they have to stand still and wait for their death, but they have to be silent, or at least try to be. Watch both their back and their target. Isn't this a main idea of MP ? Hunter and Prey ? Fun about hunt and not be hunted. And what's fun about 100p kills ? Psh.
I think daggers can pacify those crazy guys

Lord_Ethcaz
03-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by KlaymenDel:
I didn't mean that they have to stand still and wait for their death, but they have to be silent, or at least try to be. Watch both their back and their target. Isn't this a main idea of MP ? Hunter and Prey ? Fun about hunt and not be hunted. And what's fun about 100p kills ? Psh.
I think daggers can pacify those crazy guys

Although I agree with you on some points, I still feel like the points make this game less layed back than it could be. But if people don't care about competition, but just want to have fun and get low scores, let them, who cares?
I wish I could, more often, let go of that competition aspect and just enjoy some of that fancy ninja stuff ;P

Maurice_Wijma
03-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Being hunter and prey can mean a lot of things. Lets see how animals do it.

Most snakes are ambush hunters. They get in a hiding spot, and attack when a pray is in range.
Most cat like animals that live in jungles are also stealth hunters. They follow the prey for some time, making no sound, and are hard to spot. They attack when they have the best situation to do that.

Other hunters, like some birds and animals on open fields, do the run/fly and grap tactic.

These 2 different ways of attack work with compairable succes, with the last one mostly used on small animals, except for the situation on open fields with big animals (Africa).

This can be translated in the SP and MP version of this game. Do you want to get a lot of points the slow way, or do you want to get a lot of kills with low scores?
Every player is free to choose, but there is no better or worse way to do it.
But the stealthy killers are mostly forced to adapt to the runners, but when they can pull of a stealthy kill, they are rewarded much better.

In my experience it is best to do both ways, and adapt to your target and hunter. It will give the best result.

Sanctus91
03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
i love when the target is running into me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

wothan2
03-27-2011, 12:52 PM
it only becomes annoying when the guy is running every second of the match, other than that its nice...

And as a coincidence, the same guy that runs every second of the match is also the guy with the least amount of points in it

Ostracized
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
What bothers me more... is a stealth player does not effect the runners gameplay. The same can not be said the other way around.

As a stealthy player i do good... but i miss out on a billion contracts because out of 6-8 people... its me and ONE other that are stealthy... one that is in between and 4-5 that are hopped up on meth! Only way to get them is to play THEIR game... or ignore them.

Its a valid play style and I have seen a few people that are really good at the roof runner tactic (like scary good I can never get way from them once I hear the whispers) but for the most part its just frustrating to see me at the bottom of the scores ( my 1 or 2 kills are over 2000 ) and they are at the top because of things like kill streaks and 20 kills killing the other meth addicts running around as deathmatch quake style.

On pc MSM is like the only map that I can ever get into because its rusher/roofer heaven and stealth is a pain in the butt on that map, so not we only get a couple maps.

I so wish Ubi places a server browser or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Victoroos
03-28-2011, 09:09 AM
yes, they are frustrating.
I usually just keep walking, slowely at them, adn watch out for my pursuer.
I run at them when they are out of my line of sight.
Or, when they are just ungettable, I kill a random npc, (I do that when I am like 100 poitns in after the number 1)

But yes, you can't just wait, and hope they run past you (maybe on mt st michel, )