PDA

View Full Version : Can't start PF

verde13
12-09-2004, 12:21 AM
I bought Pacific Fighters and i can't run the game.It freezes at the opening screen of the Avenger dropping its load.The DVD light stays on and nothing happens.I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close the program.I have no CD copy programs nor a drive with such capabilities.My DVD drive seems to have some problems navigating through the disc's contents but it did run the remainder of the installation without a problem,so i don't understand what's wrong.(The first disc run smoothly)I have used disc cleaning materials and updated my DVDs firmware to no avail.This is the second copy of the game since i exhanged the first one thinking that there was something wrong with it.
My DVD drive: Sony DDU-1621
Could you please help me?

verde13
12-09-2004, 12:21 AM
I bought Pacific Fighters and i can't run the game.It freezes at the opening screen of the Avenger dropping its load.The DVD light stays on and nothing happens.I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del to close the program.I have no CD copy programs nor a drive with such capabilities.My DVD drive seems to have some problems navigating through the disc's contents but it did run the remainder of the installation without a problem,so i don't understand what's wrong.(The first disc run smoothly)I have used disc cleaning materials and updated my DVDs firmware to no avail.This is the second copy of the game since i exhanged the first one thinking that there was something wrong with it.
My DVD drive: Sony DDU-1621
Could you please help me?

Tobus75
12-09-2004, 12:45 AM
strange problem. Do you have this in any other game or application? I would say it has something to do with your dvd-drive. You could try copying the entire cd to your HDD and install from there.

HotelBushranger
12-09-2004, 01:33 AM
umm.....i would say it might be your OS, Win98. did pf say it was compatible with it?

LStefanos
12-09-2004, 09:26 AM
If your DVD drive is old enough PF will not recognize it as a valid drive. When I installed I had my 5-year old SCSI DVD and CD-RW drives in my machine. The DVD would recognize the CD and install the game properly but wouldn't launch it (same sympton as yours, splash screen and all). The CD-RW drive didn't even recognize the CD at all. I tried firmware updates and everything else I could possibly concieve of. So I ended up ordering a new DVD-RW drive in order to play the game. Pretty expensive and frustrating but now I'm happy and can burn CDs in a little under 3 minutes. =)

Leonidas

mortoma
12-09-2004, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
umm.....i would say it might be your OS, Win98. did pf say it was compatible with it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Bullkrap, many of us are running it just fine in Win98. I can't run in OpenGl mode very well though now, after the 'new' exes came out. I can run really well in DX mode or if I use the old exe.

Troll2k
12-09-2004, 12:41 PM
As stated on the box the copy protection(on disk 2) might have a problem with some dvd drives.

steve_v
12-09-2004, 01:25 PM
That can be caused by improper patching sequence.

If copy protection related, see here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=49310655&m=5951033052

Possible hardware/software/ driver conflict. Please post your DxDiag in community help to exlpore that possibilty.
Click here for DxDiag_Instructions (http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/system.htm)