PDA

View Full Version : differences

fighter1976
04-12-2007, 03:37 AM
hi, i have a question:

How it comes that when you fly a fighter(let's say a me 109) and you're hit and burning, you barely have time to bail out-few seconds and when you fly against a me 109 ( the question is the same regardless the type of the fighter) and you hit it and fire it the plane fly in flames a lot more thean few seconds and the pilot bails out. When you're burning you have noticed that in 4-5 seconds you are already wounded-no matter the fire is on the wing or behind cockpit.

And a second question: I played a mission, me flying a Spitfire md 1944 vs Me 109 g6 late and i never manage to go close to them, they climb more faster than me. after that i changed the planes-me flying the me 109 g6 late vs Spitfire and the same thing happened. The engine settings were on "complex engine management" the single thing that was automatic was the pitch of the propeller in both cases. another curiosity is that a me 109 g2 climbs and is more faster that later series of the same machine ( although the latter have a more powerful engine).
if you have an answer,please let me know, because is bothering me a lot. Thanks

fighter1976
04-12-2007, 03:37 AM
hi, i have a question:

How it comes that when you fly a fighter(let's say a me 109) and you're hit and burning, you barely have time to bail out-few seconds and when you fly against a me 109 ( the question is the same regardless the type of the fighter) and you hit it and fire it the plane fly in flames a lot more thean few seconds and the pilot bails out. When you're burning you have noticed that in 4-5 seconds you are already wounded-no matter the fire is on the wing or behind cockpit.

And a second question: I played a mission, me flying a Spitfire md 1944 vs Me 109 g6 late and i never manage to go close to them, they climb more faster than me. after that i changed the planes-me flying the me 109 g6 late vs Spitfire and the same thing happened. The engine settings were on "complex engine management" the single thing that was automatic was the pitch of the propeller in both cases. another curiosity is that a me 109 g2 climbs and is more faster that later series of the same machine ( although the latter have a more powerful engine).
if you have an answer,please let me know, because is bothering me a lot. Thanks

FluffyDucks2
04-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Welcome to OlegWorld......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

StG2_Schlachter
04-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Some engines tend to explode more quickly, but the amount of time before it explodes differs.
Sometimes it will blow up right away and sometimes you are lucky and can ride the plane down to an emergeny landing. Some tips to keep you alive in a situation with a burning plane are to stay fast to provide more cooling and turn the engine off. You can extinguish the flames that way. If your fuel tanks are on fire you should bail out.

I have never been on fire for real, but I guess 4 to 5 seconds exposure to burning oil can cause major burns.

Thr reason for the slower Bf 109 models is the increased weight and a less aerodynamic airframe. The Bf-109G-6 was named "Beule" by its pilots because the casing of the machine guns in the cowling looked like bumps.
Late-war planes in the Eurpoean air war had more armor than the early-war models.

Infact the late 109s are faster than the earlier models, but they are less agile.

VW-IceFire
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fighter1976:
if you have an answer,please let me know, because is bothering me a lot. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its the pilot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The AI do a bit of cheating on the side too but mostly they are just really good energy managers. The G-6 isn't really the best plane for this...the G-2 is better against an IX mostly because its a bit lighter. The G-6's are somewhat heavy feeling in comparison...they pick up allot of firepower options but they end up being less good as fighters although the G-6A/S can match just about anything in 1944. I'd try that one with MW50 boost enabled and see how you do against the Spitfires.

Generally speaking its a matter of understanding your best climb speed and going for that rather than the climb angle that lets you put the gunsight on the Spitfire the longest which is the natural tendency that most people have (I do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif). So focus on your climb speed, try and keep it as high as possible, and go for maximum climb to match the AI. The AI are a wee bit stupid and they cheat a little to get away with it.

XyZspineZyX
04-12-2007, 03:06 PM
This can be said of any plane. I've been in many a fighter that the engine has conked out on, just quit...and I could restart the engine. I've also blown up plenty of times, and my plane's been a BBQ pit plenty of times

Just because you see some AI have a "long" death, and you typoically blow up doesn't mean there's a conspiracy

horseback
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
The AI have exactly the same FM as you or I do, except that:

1. They aren't subject to overheating, therefore never have to open their radiators, and do not suffer from the resulting drag.

2. They not only know EXACTLY where you are, they know your precise energy state, where your crosshairs are pointing, how to hide behind your canopy and windshield framing, the last time you called your poor Mother, the current hygeinic state of your underwear, and worse, they ACT on that knowledge. No blind spots on these aircraft, no sir!

3. They are not subject to the G-force limitations of the human player; they don't have to ease off on that tight turn, or slow down in a dive because they aren't going to lose control surfaces (or wings) or have them lock up due to compression effects.

4. They have PERFECT control of their aircraft and enjoy a feature I like to call Insta-trim. You and I have to add or subtract trim settings without any clear indication of what that trim input is doing for a second or two (your virtual instrument panel often LIES to you, because Oleg & Co apparently believe that some aircraft had faster and more accurate instruments than others-probably true, but a real handicap when I get no input from my peripheral vision or inner ear). AI pilots are always perfectly trimmed, to the point that if you're riding a two-seater as a gunner, you will find that there is not even that little 'bump' as they cross bodies of water.

This is all terrible news, I know, but you CAN close the gap with a bit of practice, and master your aircraft. Do not, however, make the mistake of thinking that because you've mastered one aircraft, you've mastered them all.

In addition, you really are smarter than the AI, and far less predictable. So practice, master your aircraft and the intricacies of air to air gunnery, and you can beat them (most of the time).

cheers

horseback

fighter1976
04-13-2007, 01:15 AM
thanks a lot! I'm cool now that i know it's a little **** from Oleg and Co...I thought I was going mad when it seemed to me that a enemy fighter was always covered by my canopy's frame...i thought this couldn't just be a coincidence-just happens too often
btw, the AI should have cooling problems too and the rest of "problems"...if they claim the game "flying sim"